Could a Grail Knight become a vampire? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-19-14, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

The Final Frontier's Flag is: USA

Default Could a Grail Knight become a vampire?

I know I've been asking a lot of questions as of late but I just can't help it. I hate Grey Area questions like this that just love to swim in my mind. It's been on my mind for awhile.

Could a Grail Knight become a Vampire(essentially becoming a good Blood Knight if that even makes sense) and still perform his duties? He be incredibly powerful, potential to match the Blood Dragon's founder combat prowess eventually over time I presume.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-14, 12:44 AM

Grail Knights have longer lifespans than normal humans, they also have 'other gifts', but what these are are not mentioned, could just be stronger/tougher. I believe the second a grail knight would become a vampire, and it found out, he would either reenact Frankenstein or any number of (old) monster movies. Even IF a vampire doesn't hate humans they most definitely hate vampires, kinda like me and hummer drivers. Not to mention they may not be permitted to continue their duties by the Green Knight or Lady.

I doubt he would be more/as powerful as Abhorash. But the Blood Knights impressed him so he turned the ones that did into vampires and also may of done the same to the Red Duke, the book mentioned him being turned after he was poisoned after he managed to fight off a Arabi ambush single handedly. I doubt he would be 'good' but being chaotic neutral to chaotic evil is possible. Your best bet is lawful evil. I doubt he would kill vampires unless he dislike their feeding habits, i.e. draining people. I can see him hating chaos and it's spawn because they are abominations/pose a threat to food supply.

Last edited by locustgate; 10-21-14 at 12:47 AM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-14, 12:31 PM
Mad as a sack of Squigs

Ratvan's Flag is: England

I'm pretty sure that in the Bretonnia army book a knight meets a vampire that used to be a Grail Knight

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-14, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

Where does it say that in the army book?

"I am Honored to call every single one of you my brother.....You will die today, I will die today but if we must die for the greater good of humanity so be it. With our deaths, our children will blossom into the stars with the Primarches of anew and start a new, grander crusade in the name of the Emperor and as the Emperor's chosen, we will guide them to that path......Show them the true fury of the Emperor's wraith one last time my brothers!.....Forward in the name of the Emperor and may you find salvation with the Emperor when the end comes for you.

- Chapter Master Nilus Pentis of the Ultra Hawks,
00.? 42M, Second battle of Terra
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-21-14, 11:09 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

It's the Vampire 6th Edition Army book, detailing the blood dragons.

I cannot remember if it was a grail, or Fleur de lys however.

As mentioned, there are many boons to being a Grail Knight - but rarely documented. It may well include protection against Vampirism - after all, there's no documented Dwarf or in particular, elf, Vampire that I'm aware of. With old, old elf magic, deriving from Isha, the mother, and giver of life blah, blah, being the influence behind the Breton magic which is the basis of the Grail might well protect those who drink from the grail.

I'd think it's unlikely, and especially unlikely to be able to stand against Abhorash. This mother fucker is around 4300+ years old. Something from the old Liber Necris book IIRC, is that not only is the older the vampire the more powerful, but it is also the older the generation (i.e, each blood kiss is a new generation, so those of Abhorash's get are the second generation, and those who are bitten by his spawn are third etc), and having recieved the elixir of nagash which is what created him as a vampire making him extremely powerful.

You then add that onto someone whose natural lifespan was that in the hundreds (as the aristocracy of Lahmia and Khemri at large was already), as opposed to the mid sixties in the case of Bretonnia before becoming a Grail Knight, and realise that Abhorash would have been fighting against Badlands Orcs back when they were a true threat (back in Sigmar's day) as well as Southlands Lizardmen, as well as probably Cathayan armies, and it's apparent that a Breton Grail Knight would rarely have the experience to survive such an onslaught - while it's not a particularly good example of such, as it's more hero hammer, but Gotrek and Felix were barely able to withstand a Vampire in Vampireslayer, despite Gotrek being essentially Grungni reborn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-14, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
while it's not a particularly good example of such, as it's more hero hammer, but Gotrek and Felix were barely able to withstand a Vampire in Vampireslayer, despite Gotrek being essentially Grungni reborn.
In his defense Grungni is only the god of smithing and mining.

Last edited by locustgate; 10-22-14 at 01:41 AM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-14, 02:56 AM Thread Starter

Kinda getting off topic like usual in my threads..lol

There isn't much fluff on Grail Knight are there?

Isn't there an undead grail knight?

"I am Honored to call every single one of you my brother.....You will die today, I will die today but if we must die for the greater good of humanity so be it. With our deaths, our children will blossom into the stars with the Primarches of anew and start a new, grander crusade in the name of the Emperor and as the Emperor's chosen, we will guide them to that path......Show them the true fury of the Emperor's wraith one last time my brothers!.....Forward in the name of the Emperor and may you find salvation with the Emperor when the end comes for you.

- Chapter Master Nilus Pentis of the Ultra Hawks,
00.? 42M, Second battle of Terra
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-14, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Final Frontier View Post
Kinda getting off topic like usual in my threads..lol

There isn't much fluff on Grail Knight are there?

Isn't there an undead grail knight?
Wouldn't really count it off topic if someone points one thing out, now if he and I went into a five post argument then it would be off topic......

Yeah, Red Duke, he raised knights and grail knights for his army, the first and second attempt to destroy Bretonia. The second time he tried to desecrate a graveyard to raise a large concentration of grail knights
The cursed city.......forget the name mentions the dead constantly rising.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-14, 11:07 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by locustgate View Post
In his defense Grungni is only the god of smithing and mining.
To be honest, I did mean to say Grimnir, always get my Dwarf Ancestor Gods mixed up.

And the Red Duke was just a Knight of the Realm according to the internet, not a Grail Knight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Last edited by Vaz; 10-22-14 at 11:11 AM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-14, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
To be honest, I did mean to say Grimnir, always get my Dwarf Ancestor Gods mixed up.

And the Red Duke was just a Knight of the Realm according to the internet, not a Grail Knight.
Yeah, but he raised them as black knights. In the book, 2nd attempt he turned a man that almost finished the grail quest, he abandoned it "as the grail was in sight", do to his family being killed by raiders.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode