The Lost Spawning of Opochtl - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-20-13, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Default The Lost Spawning of Opochtl

Just a little fluff to go with my imminent Lizardmen army. It's not perfect, but it works. My plan is to have a greyscale skin colour with my Slann and Skink Priests being in the more traditional style to differentiate between characters and the main force. This, I think, sets that up nicely:

Deep in the heart of the Southlands at the base of the World Edge Mountains lies Opochtl, Lost City of the Stars. Once it was a glittering Temple City that rivalled the splendour of the great cities in Lustria...then came the daemons.

Much like the other Temple Cities across the globe Opochtl was besieged. It didnít take long for the defending Slann to fall and the city to be overrun. Even as the city was being overrun, the Elves in the north completed their incantations and the Vortex drained the daemonís power and banishing them from the material world.

But it was too late for Opochtl. During the assault the Lines of Power that linked Opochtl to the other cities was shattered leaving it isolated in a sea of chaos. The City of the Stars faded from memory.
All hope was not lost however, shortly before the cities defences were breached a final brood of Saurus, Skinks and Kroxigor had been spawned. Initially, they were intended for use as ambushers, using their naturally dark scales to lurk in the shadows. With the death of the Slann, though, they were left leaderless.

For thousands of years this great host lay in hibernation deep within the vast Temple City, until eventually they were found. The ancient Slann, Lord Gribb, had visions of the mighty army and sent his two most trusted Skink Priests, Tlatloc and Tlitli, to investigate. After years of search, the pair located the Lost City.

Today, the Lost Spawning of Opochtl travel the Old World, loyally following the orders of their adopted leaders into battle in the relentless search for the plans of the Old Ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-20-13, 10:49 PM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Nice fluff, are you going to work in very old armor and weapons effects as well to differentiate between the young and the old?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-21-13, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

Hadn't really thought about it. I'm not really a fan of the older figures, so they'll all be the new ones. But I might try out a rusty effect on the armour to indicate the age. Nice idea, thanks!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-24-14, 04:39 PM

The existing lore states that older saurus lighten with age good job though. Maybe switch to they are new spawnings emerging from the lost city after years of the spawning pools not bearing any

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode