Interesting revelation from Neferata *minor spoiler* - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-12, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,629
Reputation: 10


Default Interesting revelation from Neferata *minor spoiler*

I am in the progress of reading Neferata, where the titular vampire queen have joined Ushoran in Mourkain. And one of her acts to control the barbarian tribes, was to create a false religion. Based around a minor hill goddess called Shaya and having 'redesigned' her with a more pleasing image as a goddess of healing and mercy. Neferata's handmaidens thusly moving unopposed between warring tribes, as few would turn away skilled healers that also could be trusted as diplomats. A cult getting spread far and wide.

Now what goddess sounds suspiciously alike that? Shallya in the current day empire, goddess of healing and mercy. And I recall that the lahmian vampiress Lady Khemalla had once stood model for a painter depicting the goddess of mercy, and Zavant recognized her as well.

Last edited by Brother Lucian; 12-07-12 at 07:13 PM.
Brother Lucian is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-14-12, 01:33 AM
Senior Member
 
locustgate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Planet 404
Posts: 2,353
Reputation: 11


Default

I hate black library not releasing it in the U.S. till January. It seems thought that at least now, if she did create Shaya she has kind of left that intrigue by the wayside or hasn't used it in a while.
locustgate is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-14-12, 03:02 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,629
Reputation: 10


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locustgate View Post
I hate black library not releasing it in the U.S. till January. It seems thought that at least now, if she did create Shaya she has kind of left that intrigue by the wayside or hasn't used it in a while.
Who knows what the lahmian vampires are using, or rather abusing the shallyan cult for? A secret only remains effective if it can be kept supressed and noone have an idea that the innocous healers are the pawns for much darker beings using them as intelligence gatherers and to influence powerful persons by offering precious healing.
Brother Lucian is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-14-12, 01:12 PM
Senior Member
 
locustgate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Planet 404
Posts: 2,353
Reputation: 11


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Lucian View Post
Who knows what the lahmian vampires are using, or rather abusing the shallyan cult for? A secret only remains effective if it can be kept supressed and noone have an idea that the innocous healers are the pawns for much darker beings using them as intelligence gatherers and to influence powerful persons by offering precious healing.
Black Plague series

Edit:
Ulrica Series


It maybe that she does use the priestesses but is no longer using it rampantly.

Last edited by locustgate; 12-14-12 at 01:18 PM.
locustgate is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-14-12, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,629
Reputation: 10


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locustgate View Post
Black Plague series

Edit:
Ulrica Series


It maybe that she does use the priestesses but is no longer using it rampantly.
Or at least not as much as the early days, with Witch hunters seeing enemies everywhere and it doesnt do to unravel an ancient spy network due to overuse, vampires are paragons of patience after all.
Brother Lucian is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-12, 04:06 AM
Senior Member
 
TRU3 CHAOS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 287
Reputation: 1
Default

This book seems pretty interesting. Someone should post a review or two on the website. I think quality wise, Warhammer has been doing pretty well with their fantasy books.

TRU3 CHAOS is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-13, 02:09 PM
Senior Member
 
locustgate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Planet 404
Posts: 2,353
Reputation: 11


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Lucian View Post
Or at least not as much as the early days, with Witch hunters seeing enemies everywhere and it doesnt do to unravel an ancient spy network due to overuse, vampires are paragons of patience after all.
Just finished it
locustgate is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome