Are Elves Gay? - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-24-12, 04:04 AM

Gav Thorpe is a knuckle head. There really isn't any indication to bring up such a topic. I much happier thinking that their sexuality is on the same level as human being. Some straight, some gay, some bi, I don't give two shits. Thats just so weird to bring up, and I'm surprised GW would allow an author to talk about sexual topics in a family store game.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-24-12, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRU3 CHAOS View Post
Gav Thorpe is a knuckle head. There really isn't any indication to bring up such a topic. I much happier thinking that their sexuality is on the same level as human being. Some straight, some gay, some bi, I don't give two shits. Thats just so weird to bring up, and I'm surprised GW would allow an author to talk about sexual topics in a family store game.
Family game....with a god that's soul purpose is sex drugs and excess. With half nude hermaphrodites and multi breasted demonic creatures.
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-25-12, 06:16 AM

Chosen of Malal's Flag is: USA

Ok, this is a quote by the commenter: "I am not some childish gay person who demands to have such themes in every piece of art, its just that in warhammer fiction this phenomenon really lowers the potential for depth and credibility." Now, how does not portraying a character's sexuality lower the potential for credibility? This person's statement of not being someone who demands such themes in every piece of art goes right out the window by simply asking Gav this question. I have yet to read any BL novel where a character's sexuality would bring anything to the story in any way. I have noticed they've done a fine job at making Space Marine's completely uninterested in such matters.

Honestly though, BL novels are not saturated with sex (Except that one HH novel I read, what a Jezebel) so what does it really matter what their sexual preference is? About as much as it matters that my beard is super fantastic when all you guys can see is my text.

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-02-13, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locustgate View Post
Family game....with a god that's soul purpose is sex drugs and excess. With half nude hermaphrodites and multi breasted demonic creatures.
OH! So GW is about sexuality! Even though slaanesh is one extreme aspect from one deity, from one army.

Did you notice the disapearence of boobs in the new slaanesh models or are you new to the game?

post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-02-13, 10:33 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

What mini's are Hermaphrodites ?
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-02-13, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRU3 CHAOS View Post
OH! So GW is about sexuality! Even though slaanesh is one extreme aspect from one deity, from one army.

Did you notice the disapearence of boobs in the new slaanesh models or are you new to the game?
Since when did I say they were all about sexuality.

You have the scantily clad witch cults and sorceresses for the Dark elf. You also have the topless harpies for the dark elves. Also don't forget Morathi which has been redone in finecast. Slaanesh's minor demons are multi breasted abominations. You have the lizardmen which not a single one of em is wearing clothes. You also have many of the skaven that are nude too.

I'm not say warhammer is a M or A game, but it sure as warp not E, and I would not have it another way.

Been playing for 11 (+/-1) years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie_Oz View Post
What mini's are Hermaphrodites ?
The new daemonette (implied) + slaanesh, "appearing as both male and female"
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-07-13, 04:55 AM

Noise Marine's Flag is: USA

Who cares? I'd rather have no gay characters than a few token gay characters. Sexuality isn't much of a relevant topic in Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40k, unless we're talking Slaaneshi and we all know they're bisexual -is there a word for an all encompassing sexual fetish?- as fuck.
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-07-13, 07:43 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by locustgate View Post
The new daemonette (implied) + slaanesh, "appearing as both male and female"
OK but those aren't minatures are they, that is fluff.
Appearing as both male and female does not make you an Hermaphrodite.

GW Mini's are quite clearly one or the other, even the more androgynous Dark Eldar .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noise Marine View Post
Who cares? ... Sexuality isn't much of a relevant topic ...
This

Last edited by Magpie_Oz; 01-07-13 at 07:45 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode