corrupt/chaos empire - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-06-12, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

OMNOMNOMIVORE's Flag is: Israel

Default corrupt/chaos empire

hey guys, i'm currently thinking about starting Empire, and was wondering if it would be fluff-accurate/possible for a contingent of the empire army to be corrupted by chaos, or if they have such great faith in sigmar that such a corruption would be impossible.

aperture science-we do what we must because we can
when you say "jesus" backwards it sounds like "sausage"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaboot View Post
In the enthusiastic brightness of the near future, there is only skipping. tra la la la la
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-06-12, 09:12 PM

khrone forever's Flag is: United Kingdom

Location: lived on tyran, moved to occulus, then to macragge.DAMN THE TYRANIDS!!! (near derby)

no thats perfectly reasonable, i doubt any on the knightly orders etc would, but the grunts defiantly could

40Kprayers and benedictions

see my guard army here

see my Empire army
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-06-12, 09:14 PM

Archaon18's Flag is: England

If they were cut of for some reason? Maybe isolated near the North where they could be whispered it by the Dark Gods?
As with most Chaos-related stuff, anything goes.

Lasguns- You can never have too little firepower
My Tactics Blog - ChaosTactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfCheese View Post
"Hey babe, want me to Power Fist your Pink Horror?"

"Is it ok if my Old One Eye penetrates your Devilfish?"

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-06-12, 09:45 PM

Turnip86's Flag is: England

Corruption certainly isn't impossible, otherwise there wouldn't be Witch Hunters ;)

Corruption on a large scale would be difficult to hide but fluff-wise you could come up with any number of reasons why they haven't been found out and destroyed mercilessly by the faithful of Sigmar.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-12, 08:57 PM

Definitely possible. If you want to justify things, I'd definitely come up with some fluff to explain it. That level of corruption can be hard to hide, though if it was in a relatively remote area of the Empire I imagine it would spread easier.

Writer of crappy fics, I hope you might derive some enjoyment from them.

FictionPress.com: For original stuff.

FanFiction.net: For stuff that is part of an established universe.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-12, 09:51 PM

effigy22's Flag is: United Kingdom

Fluff wise i can help. In Kislev the worship of the Dark Gods is not illegal, it is shunned though. Being an Ally of the Empire it does cause tentions (especially with the travelling Sigmarite Priests).

You can explain it by being a forward empire force who integrated with a local army after the great war and dedicated themselves to the dark gods along with those who they fight beside.

As for a Knightly order - well the Empire is so corrupt, not all the knights are "For Honour" and i wouldnt put it past one to put a knife in the back of a Grand Master if he thought it served his purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
Don't, after rolling that final 1 too many, flip out, climb up on the table and jump up and down on your opponent's models screaming 'APOCALYPTIC BARRAGE, MOTHERFUCKER!!!'.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-08-12, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

OMNOMNOMIVORE's Flag is: Israel

thank you all for the replies.

I was thinking about having it be a small "crusading" force that had it's general possessed by a khornate daemon and it's wizards possessed by tzeenech, whom in turn corrupted the rest of the troops. the army will probably feature no knightly orders, and will use juggernauts as demigryphs if at all, owing to the fact that the daemons must have had to kill the most devout warriors in the force.

I havent gotten the rulebook or empire book in the mail yet, but that's the general idea

aperture science-we do what we must because we can
when you say "jesus" backwards it sounds like "sausage"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaboot View Post
In the enthusiastic brightness of the near future, there is only skipping. tra la la la la
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-14-12, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrone forever View Post
no thats perfectly reasonable, i doubt any on the knightly orders etc would, but the grunts defiantly could
Knights could easily be tricked, if they worship a particular god, into believing that they followed their gods will, i.e. Knight of the Blazing Sun.

The thing you need to remember is chaos (not the people) is very much like it is in 40k it can corrupt everything. the Empire's army is very much like the IG they are just normal men fighting to protect their home or being forced to protect someone's home.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode