Knightly Order Army? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-07-12, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Knightly Order Army?

Could this happen? Would a single knightly order have enough men at arms etc to form a total army? I was considering making one after realising how many knights and pistoliers I have and the new demi gryphons look nice as well. If so, was wondering if I'd have to choose a well known knightly order for it to be accepted or could I make my own.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-07-12, 11:14 PM
Akatsuki13's Flag is: Canada

Well I'm not an expert on the Empire but definitely the larger Knightly Orders like the Reiksguard or the Knights of the White Wolf would have enough knights and men-at-arms for their own armies. If you look at the Knightly Orders of our own history you'll see that they have their own standing armies as well as fully manned castles and forts. So you can easily make an Empire army that is a Knightly Order army. You could also create a Crusade army composed of several Knightly Orders united together in a cause.

'There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.'
Akatsuki13's Daemon Den
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-07-12, 11:37 PM
lange72's Flag is: USA

I've tossed around the same idea, knightly orders from Middenheim. The general idea is that on horse would be all White Wolf and Kinghts Panter, and using the Tutogen (sp?) models as greatsword-equivalent White Wolf on foot. I currently don't have enough White Wolf knights yet, and am only now looking for great-hammer wielding foot troops.

I've not read the newest Empire book to see if the lore and background of these orders have changed but older editions of the Empire army book and also the original WFRP had both Knights Panther and Knights of the White Wolf based entirely out of Middenheim, with a semi-friendly rivalry between these 2 orders.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode