Invent a Unit for your Army! - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-16-12, 01:13 AM
Senior Member
 
Samules's Avatar
Samules's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southern San Jose
Posts: 1,287
Reputation: 2


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnip86 View Post
Dwarf women
Oh that reminds me, the Valakryn. The priests and priestesses of Valaya who heal the wounded and hit people with huge hammers.
Samules is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-17-12, 02:28 PM
Senior Member
 
locustgate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Planet 404
Posts: 2,353
Reputation: 11


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnip86 View Post
Dwarf women
OH GOD NOT THE BEARDED WOMEN!
locustgate is offline  
post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-18-12, 12:47 AM
Senior Member
 
Arli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 313
Reputation: 1
Default

As long as the beards do not cover the BOOBS!
Arli is offline  
 
post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-18-12, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
Feed
 
Serpion5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Space
Posts: 10,822
Reputation: 51


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arli View Post
As long as the beards do not cover the BOOBS!
...Would you even care at that point?


Nonsense is our Salvation

Serpion5 is offline  
post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-18-12, 10:54 PM
The Hebrew Hammer
 
The Son of Horus's Avatar
The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 6,471
Reputation: 56


Default

Possessed Warriors of Chaos. Forsaken are halfway to that "spawn" point-- or are functionally just small spawn. Chosen are on their way to daemonhood and have the favor of the gods. But what about possessed Warriors? I always liked the Late 3rd/4th Edition Chaos Space Marine Codex's "build your own Possessed Chaos Space Marines" kind of unit, and having a unit similar mechanically to Chosen but with more control over their extra abilities as a Rare choice appeals to me.

I was thinking something along these lines...

Possessed Warriors (Rare Choice)
M 4
WS 5
BS 3
S 4
T 4
W 1
I 5
A 2
LD 8

Points/Model: 15
Unit: 5+
Equipment: Chaos Armor, Hand Weapon, Magical Attacks
Options:
-Must select one or more of the following: Shield, additional hand weapon, halberd, and/or great weapon (+1 point per model).
-Must select one daemonic boon from the following:
--Spiky (Armor Piercing Attacks) +2 points / model
--From Beyond (Cause Fear) +1 point / model
--Daemonic Aura (6+ Ward Save) +3 points / model
--Soul Thirst (Killing Blow) +2 points / model
--Daemonic Mutation (+1 Attack) +3 points / model
--Hellfire (Flaming Attacks) +1 point / model

-Upgrade one Possessed Warrior to a Possessed Champion +15 points
-The Possessed Champion may select a Daemonic Gift of up to 25 points.
-Upgrade one Possessed Warrior to a Musician +10 points
-Upgrade one Possessed Warrior to a Standard Bearer +15 points
-The Standard Bearer may choose a Magic Banner worth up to 50 points.

-The Unit may select a Mark of Chaos:
--Khorne (+20 points), Slaanesh (+10 points); Tzeentch (+30 points), Nurgle (+35 points)

ASK ME HOW TO GET 20% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!
My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant


Last edited by The Son of Horus; 02-18-12 at 10:56 PM.
The Son of Horus is offline  
post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-18-12, 11:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Barnster's Avatar
Barnster's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 2,122
Reputation: 18


Default

Maiden guard and drake riders for high elves! Mass of scaled fire breathing flying cavalry!

Second for skaven rat cavalry
Barnster is offline  
post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-19-12, 08:04 AM Thread Starter
Feed
 
Serpion5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Space
Posts: 10,822
Reputation: 51


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Son of Horus View Post
Possessed Warriors of Chaos. Forsaken are halfway to that "spawn" point-- or are functionally just small spawn. Chosen are on their way to daemonhood and have the favor of the gods. But what about possessed Warriors? I always liked the Late 3rd/4th Edition Chaos Space Marine Codex's "build your own Possessed Chaos Space Marines" kind of unit, and having a unit similar mechanically to Chosen but with more control over their extra abilities as a Rare choice appeals to me.

I was thinking something along these lines...

Possessed Warriors (Rare Choice)
M 4
WS 5
BS 3
S 4
T 4
W 1
I 5
A 2
LD 8

Points/Model: 15
Unit: 5+
Equipment: Chaos Armor, Hand Weapon, Magical Attacks
Options:
-Must select one or more of the following: Shield, additional hand weapon, halberd, and/or great weapon (+1 point per model).
-Must select one daemonic boon from the following:
--Spiky (Armor Piercing Attacks) +2 points / model
--From Beyond (Cause Fear) +1 point / model
--Daemonic Aura (6+ Ward Save) +3 points / model
--Soul Thirst (Killing Blow) +2 points / model
--Daemonic Mutation (+1 Attack) +3 points / model
--Hellfire (Flaming Attacks) +1 point / model

-Upgrade one Possessed Warrior to a Possessed Champion +15 points
-The Possessed Champion may select a Daemonic Gift of up to 25 points.
-Upgrade one Possessed Warrior to a Musician +10 points
-Upgrade one Possessed Warrior to a Standard Bearer +15 points
-The Standard Bearer may choose a Magic Banner worth up to 50 points.

-The Unit may select a Mark of Chaos:
--Khorne (+20 points), Slaanesh (+10 points); Tzeentch (+30 points), Nurgle (+35 points)
Nice one! Have you playtested this or was it written on the fly?


Nonsense is our Salvation

Serpion5 is offline  
post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-12, 02:33 AM
The Hebrew Hammer
 
The Son of Horus's Avatar
The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 6,471
Reputation: 56


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
Nice one! Have you playtested this or was it written on the fly?
Totally on the fly.

ASK ME HOW TO GET 20% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!
My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

The Son of Horus is offline  
post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-12, 06:20 AM
Senior Member
 
blackspine's Avatar
blackspine's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 478
Reputation: 1


Default

Beastmen

[SIZE="4"] Hound masters[/SIZE]
-special-
Quote:
The bestial hordes draw many to their ranks with the prospect of slaughter and bloodshed. Shadowing the herd and stalking the campfires are the warhounds and giant chaos beasts. The weak are culled by these beasts and ungors are slaughtered for food for the packs. Come time for war, those Gors with steel resolve and brute strength lead the only the most fierce hounds to war, chasing down foes and swarming the enemy.
-Mixed Unit- (similar to Kroxigors & Skinks)
The Warhounds fight in front rank. Any Gors are in second rank and can not be targeted, allocated. All wounds are off the hounds. Once there are no more hounds, wounds are taken off of the Gors.

M WS BS S T W I A LD
Gor Hound Master 6 4 3 4 4 1 3 2 8
Ravenous hound 7 3 - 3 4 1 4 1 8

Unit size: Gors 5-15, Warhounds 10 +
Rules: Primal fury, Ambush, tracker, Stubborn, swiftstride, Pack mentality, ruler of the pack

Unit price: 90 points
Cost: Gors: 8 points Ravenous Hound: 5 points
Equipment:
Gors: Heavy armor, Halberds
- May replace Halberds for Great Weapons: 2 points each
Musician: 5 points
Champion: 8 points
-may not take banners-
- may take up to 20 points in magic items
Ravenous Warhound:
- unit may take Scaly skin (5+ armor) for 20 points
- unit may take poison attacks for 15 points
  • Tracker: Unit may Re-roll their ambush result. In addition, they may march move when they come on the board
  • Pack mentality: when attacking from the rear or flank, all hounds may attack
  • Ruler of the pack: Once all warhounds are destroyed, the gors must take a leadership test. If they pass, they are enraged at the loss of their pack and gain frenzy and unbreakable. If they fail, the unit is removed and the unit that removed them from the game gains stubborn for one round.


Fury, Gore and Ruin

http://thenerdalsorises.wordpress.com/
-Beastmen 72-4-13
- Druchii 15-1-7 (rip)
- Rusted Ruin; WoC 25-3-8
- Chaos Dwarves: TBD
- Ogres: ?
blackspine is offline  
post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-21-12, 10:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Aramoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,879
Reputation: 5


Default

0-1 Warwolf - Field Trebuchet

M -
WS -
BS -
S -
T 7
W 5
I -
A -
LD -

Points - 200
Crew : 4 Peasants and 1 Master Craftsman

Special Rules
Ludgar - The Warwolf is a fearsome machine capable of leveling cities by itself, hurling huge rocks, unfortunately this requires much more time than normal to fire. If the Warwolf did not fire in it's previous turn then it uses the Large Round Template.

Master Craftsmen - Once per turn you may re-roll the Artillery Dice when firing Warwolf. If Warwolf is destroyed by shooting or the Misfire Chart the Master Craftsmen may attempt to repair it. Remove all the other Crew and leave Warwolf and the Master Craftsman in play instead of removing it as a casualty. Warwolf cannot fire for the next D3+1 Turns as the Craftsman rushes to repair it. If the game ends before the Warwolf is repaired remove it as a casualty. If repairs are successful the Warwolf may be fire as normal the next turn but counts as having fired.

I just want bigger Trebuchets.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog

Last edited by Aramoro; 02-21-12 at 11:19 AM.
Aramoro is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome