Chaos in 40k vs Chaos in Warhammer - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-05-12, 05:15 AM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

That might be true of WoC, but its daemons that are the real power of chaos in WFB. WoC and Skaven are just by-products of chaos... daemons are the real thing. If you want to know just how powerful then read the Defense of Itza in the lizardmen book: Kroak splits opens the land, floods rivers and generally lays waste to everything anywhere near him, killing tens of thousands of daemons.... and yet still they come. Currently its only the HE's portal sucking magic/chaos from the world that stops the daemons from invading on mass and killing everything...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-05-12, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtraCrew View Post
I disagree that they are the biggest threat. Time and time again they attack united under the Everchosen, yet they are cast back again and again. I would saw that they are actually very similar. In both they are the one that are thought to be the greatest threat to the established Order. That being the Imperium, or Empire.

As for who is the biggest threat in Fantasy it would be Skaven. It is in the lore of Fantasy that if they were to unite then the world would not be able to stop them. Just like 40k Orks.
I think the whole united they over run the world applies to a lot of races. Orks, Ogres, beasmen, chaos worshipers, and of course skaven.
Especially if all of the VC unite and elect a single leader the empire and all life is screwed 5 ways to Sunday.

Last edited by locustgate; 03-06-12 at 01:14 PM.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-12, 02:44 AM

Therizza's Flag is: USA

I do believe it is kind of odd when we talk of the chaos uniting. Chaos =/= order, right?

But semantics aside, the crucial point of divergence I see between 40k CSM and WoC in fantasy is that the Warriors of Chaos were never "good" to begin with like the traitor legions, there was no heresy, they betrayed noone, nor were they tricked into betrayal. They kill and pillage because it is in their twisted sense of morality to do so. And it is for that reason that I enjoy their fluff so much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putch. View Post
All I can say is holy meltafuck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
a massive mess of incorrect information and patrotic p@$%s wiggling.
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...81#post1273781

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode