Forbidden Colours - A Lahmian Army Plog - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-19-17, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
To The Dark Tower Came

The Gunslinger's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Forbidden Colours - A Lahmian Army Plog

So I thought it was time to take stock of my growing Vampire Counts army and give them their own plog. Especially considering how old my general one is and how clustered it is.

As the title suggested I am going for A Lahmian army, so some stunningly beautiful and dangerously ambitious female vampires at the head of this Khemri style army of the undead.

I plan to introduce some tomb kings elements into my force, mixing it with the more traditional vampire counts models, lets hope eBay will be kind to me.

The Undead were my first love in Warhammer, and have been something I have been collecting since I was in primary school, so Im very excited to finally be able to bring together a completed force that I can use. Age of Sigmar has given me that push to get something playable together and finally start exploring that side of the hobby.

Anyway I have decided to open with the first unit I painted in this new version of my undead, The Legion of Nehek:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-19-17, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
To The Dark Tower Came

The Gunslinger's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default The Legion of Nehek

A unit of spear armed skeletons, I made and painted these guys from scratch rather than re-paint my older models, something I will do later. At the minute I have finished 20, but plan to add another 10. They will be joined by another 30, also with spears, and a spare command group in case I wanted to play them as three units of 20.

The bone is pretty simple, Zandri dust with a Seraphim Sepia wash. Followed by a drybrush of Praxeti white. Now I decided to add another wash of SS, because I felt the bone was far to white without it.

The Turquoise armour is actually from a necron painting tutorial, but I like it for an Egyptian blue colour. Sotek green with a skink blue and tyrant skull drybrush, followed by a wash of SS again. I love that wash.

For the metal, I use a screaming bell base followed by runelord brass. I also used a very watered down turquoise to oxide the metal, giving it that ancient look. Also washed with Sepia.

All the bases for my army will be painted following the guide I found here:
Realm of Warhammer 40k: Basing Your Miniatures (the basics)

Dustbowl
Basecoat: Tallarn Sand.
Highlight 1: Karak Stone.
Highlight 2: Ushabti Bone.
Rim: Steel Legion Drab.
Scatter: Dead Grass.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-22-17, 11:37 AM

Loran's Flag is: Finland

Looks good! Suitably vibrant colour for the turquoise, but still having that worn-out and used look. And the bone has that "left out in the sun for too long" -feel Good stuff!

[Hyarion] Warning! Loran may cause addiction to mindless online games.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode