Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Scratching The Miniature Itch.

8K views 42 replies 11 participants last post by  Hellathos 
#1 ·
Just thought I'd start a new project log to help motivate me to paint steadily, so without further ado... It's a Space Wolf riding a bear! Let me know what you think :)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow nice work! Planning to do a whole lot of these guys or just individual models like this?

#7 ·
If I can get the cash together, there are two other variations (one of the bears has cybernetic bits) then I'll be painting them in the same scheme so they can count as Thunderwolf Cav. Not sure that's the right size base for Cav though.

#5 ·
Realization is excellent. Color choice not so good...but i'm a slaaneshi cultist so what do i know?

#15 ·

Ok, been slogging through to get these guys finished amongst a myriad of different projects and now, with the exception of painting some script and ringing the bases with paint, they are finally finished. Sadly, as an over critical painter striving to become better, I know that I've rushed this project to complete it and it shows; in the lack of highlights, edging, and an apparent over spray issue when trying to do osl with ghost tints. I tried a many new personal theories with this project and it has been a great learning experiment, both in the painting and conversion aspects, so overall I'm satisfied with them in their current state. Hope you enjoy them! Next project will come to the log much quicker :)

#21 ·
Well thats quite a coincidence, just got my old set out about an hours ago. In the prosess of repainting them myself. Keep it up.

This is the original scheme from 10 years ago. That is actual grey plastic

My current progress.

Such a strange thing that you've also started doing recently.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Via TapaTalk

#22 ·
Yeah, but it was a shame that I couldn't find that small wing bit, bummed I didn't get to paint the full set. I'm sure the closet holds many more secrets. Ill have to look harder. Those are looking great btw, definitely am improvement and I'm a sucker for red heh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.