Dark Justicars - SM Chapter with mixed imperial allies - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-07-15, 12:57 AM

cirs85's Flag is: USA

You got a lot of good stuff going on here. Your basing has really improved. The free hand on the back of the apothecary is amazing as well. I struggle with those kind of details.

Food for thought, looks like your paints are a bit thick, try thinning them down some and apply multiple layers. Also the white looks a bit chalky, try using a glaze medium. Never tried the GW lahmian (spelling?) medium, but vallejo makes one in a drop bottle, and it's super easy to judge how much medium to paint your using.

Oh yeah keep up the terminator kit bash!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-09-15, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

Flatlinerunner's Flag is: Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmantis View Post
the colour scheme is ok...maybe try change the white to bone...it think it would fit well
You mean the white in the standard-scheme (chest and crosses on shoulder) or the medic-white? I've got a second medic here i'm giving a try right now. Will see how it looks on him. Changing the basic-white of the scheme is a bit of a problem, because it's beside the red my main-contrast. But i'll make a test-figure where i change it from blue/grey-shaded white to bone-shaded white. I hope that doesn't interfere to much with all the robes and paper-stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirs85 View Post
The free hand on the back of the apothecary is amazing as well. I struggle with those kind of details.
Thanks for the flowers These details are a pain in the .... for me ;) I'll keep them up until i can't evade them any longer. An easy way for black markings and text is a fineliner. For bigger or more complex stuff i try to sketch them with a pencil. Good thing, pencil-lines can be easily removed.

Due to the fact that i have right now 5-6 Tanks and 2 dreads in my army, there's definetively a need for a good mechanic. So here's the mechanical guy and his minions, finally based and ready for combat.
Soon they will become a converted rhino/razorback. I would love to make him my troop-comander for a fully motorized army.

Besides.... i know that the base is not rule-conform, but measured at the size and complexity of the techmarine, a normal base just seemed undersized ;)

Last edited by Flatlinerunner; 01-08-16 at 10:36 PM.
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-07-16, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

Back again after another longer break.

After all the marines here are finally some support-guys. Finished these ones some years ago, except for some missing details and decals. I'm not quite happy with the decals. It seems the shoulder-pads are too small to apply the decals smoothly, or i have to increase the vinegar-part in the water-vinegar-mix.

Maybe i'll add more of them if i find more from these old figures. Upgrading the chimera was quite fun and FW offers some nice kits too, but for now back to my Marines and still there are GreyKnights and SoBs waiting.

By the way, what do you think of the picture-quality? Got myself a light-box and try to get proper Pictures now.

Last edited by Flatlinerunner; 01-07-16 at 01:10 PM.

post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-07-16, 09:17 PM

DelvarusThePitFighter's Flag is: United Kingdom

That Inquisitorial Chimera is gorgeous! Puts mine to shame...
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-07-16, 10:03 PM
Unhinged Hobo

GrimzagGorwazza's Flag is: England

The Chimera looks great. Nice colour combos, sometimes inq troopers end up getting painted drab and boring. These have tons of character. Can't really comment on the improvement in images as it seems you've moved or deleted all the other images in your photobucket, breaking the links on the rest of your plog.

post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-07-16, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Yeah i started to sort the images in photobucket so that the links broke. Will fix that over the weekend while i also post more pictures. I finished some other long-waiting models over the months ;)
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-16, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

So i fixed the missing pictures in one post, but can't edit the older ones. Is this due to the board-settings?

Anyway, here's a link to the complete bucket full of older pictures ;)
All the pictures...

And as a bonus here is my Techmarine with his new ride.
Inspiration came from an old Painting-Guide (the blue ones, painting guide for space marines) where they showed a modified rhino. So i took that idea a bit further and added a lot of stuff i had lying around for ages.
I wanted it to look like a real wrecker. Also i wanted to place something in the trunk so i built some kind of movable torcher for the case, the Techmarine had to cut or fix something big. In normal games i want to use it as rhino or Razorback. A Melta-Turret does fit, although it doesn't have a very good line of sight in most angles ;)

Oh and i failed at the Mechanicum-Sign. Noted to late that i put the white and black wrong -.- Maybe i'll fix it bevore it gots the final coating.

Last edited by Flatlinerunner; 01-08-16 at 10:50 PM.
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-10-16, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

Something new on my workbench. Landraiders!!!!

So right now i have 13 finished termies and ten more only waiting for some paint. Some transport-solution and heavy support is needed.

At the fair "Spiel Essen" i bought a Land Raider Achilles Alpha Pattern. Allways loved the MKIIb pattern, so this one was a must have.
I build it together with a Land Raider Crusader, but wanted to modify both of them.

So here we go...

For the Achilles i only removed the upper tread-cover. The MKIIb-base is nice, but i wanted to push it more to a historical design. Looking at old WWI-Tanks i like the idea of the visible treads. Maybe i'll leave some small cover-parts around the Headlights and at the rear edge.

The Crusader allways seemed to small to fit 16 marines or 8 termies (is this rule still active?), so i tried to expand it. First i thought about inverting the kit, but then i tried my first scratch-built. Inspiration came from WWII-Landing boats. It's not much and on the top-front-edge i messed it up a but, but i'm okay with it. The next time i have to be more creative with the expanded top-side.

The second big slot on top of the Crusader is for the multi-melta because i never liked the original one.
Both got some decoration from old building-sets to make them more majestic.
So here's the actual state. Will finish the Achilles first and try to improve my gold-painting skills. Maybe there will be some free-hand decoration too.

C&C welcome

post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-10-16, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

So here are the finished Land Raiders. I tried to dirt them down, especially the Crusader, because he'll always will be in the line of fire.

I wanted it to look like an ancient and honored but also heavy-used vehicle. The Flamethrowers are not finished yet, because i need to make some shields for them. What do you think?

And here comes the Achilles. Also with magnetized weapons but with a bit less weathering.

The decals are a little failure. Next time i first give the whole tank some varnish, before i apply them and the same for the mud and dust.

I put high-res-Pictures in my tumblr.
Land Raider Achilles
Land Raider Crusader

Last edited by Flatlinerunner; 04-10-16 at 12:22 PM.
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-10-16, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

Also finished are the first four Assault-Squad-Marines. Just four of them because i have 8 of the old metal-minis.
Pimped them up with BlackTemplar-Arms.

What do you think of my first attempt at OSL in the Jumppacks?

And HiRes-Pictures here at tumblr:
Assault Squad

Last edited by Flatlinerunner; 04-10-16 at 12:27 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode