Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Death Guard WIP: Pandemic (May 2 - more Defiler paintwork)

225K views 853 replies 237 participants last post by  Spoticus 
#1 · (Edited)
OK, the main body of this is over at Relicnews, but since I noticed there was a link to my Nurgle 101 tutorial at Relicnews already here I figured I might as well stick a few of my Nurgly works-in-progress up here as well. 'Pandemic', my Death Guard army, is my first ever army - so be nice :D

My Nurgle Sorceror:

A Terminogre (the idea is that they met this Ogre on their travels, liked the way he kicked arse, adopted him, found a 7XL set of Terminator armour in the stores and squeezed him into it):

A Possessed Terminogre (I'm rather proud of the sculpting on this guy):

Lord Kothaar The Putrescent, my HQ:

And finally one of my line Terminators from the 'Plaguewielder' Terminator squad:

...hope you guys like these, and that maybe it'll inspire some more Nurgle armies :biggrin:

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
WOW awesome wish my nurgle looked that good, would like to see more.

Edit: not to be mean to your work, but they remind me of the flood from Halo.

#7 ·
You are a totally SKILLED GS sculpter. Love the Ogre. Add more nurgle to him though.

#9 ·
All I can say is DAMN.

#13 ·
Thanks for the positive feedback, guys, you're making this noob feel happy about his first army :) I found some slightly better pictures of Kothaar and the Terminator...

And just for a change of colour, here's a Spawn I made up just in case the Sorceror's Gift Of Chaos spell works and I get to turn one of my opponent's minis into a Spawn :D

#20 ·
It's quite definitely my first army - I'm like the worst 40K player ever :biggrin:. To be honest, I'm still somewhat taken aback by just how positive most of the reactions to it have been...even though working with green stuff did seem fairly instinctive to me from the first time I tried to use it.

#19 ·
So, so , SO good.

#26 ·
what boxes did you use for the Terminogre? I know its Ogre Kingdoms body, but what about the head?
It's actually one of the Spawn heads; it normally has two big horns (which actually remind me of the Motörhead 'Snaggletooth' head :D) but I cut those off, using the stump of one as the basis for a big tumour that blends the head to the shoulder nicely.

#25 ·
Thanks again for all the positive feedback guys - here are the three Spawn I just completed for a squad-painting competition over at Relicnews:

Vet

Rhino

and Spiny

...I think they make a fairly nice trio of distinctive Spawn for the tabletop :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.