Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

The army of Herr Aldor Der Ritter (updated 11th May)

13K views 82 replies 20 participants last post by  Charandris 
#1 · (Edited)
hi,

Recently i decided to start playing The Empire, a pet hope of mine in fantasy. 2 days after i bought the book i saw that the empire were rumored to be updated so i decided to wait until the new models and book came out.

I joined the tale of 4 gamers(seen here) to keep me going with the project

3 weeks later (today) I went to the Derby GW and bought this :

the army book, 2 wizards, a witch hunter, 20 handgunners, 5 pistoliers and a celestial hurricanum/luminark of hysh.

i will update the list for the tale of 4 gamers in a while, when i have read the codex :p

bye for now

khrone

[EDIT] list incoming:

battle wizard with level 2 upgrade 100

20 handgunners/crossbowmen 180

See less See more
#6 ·
here are pictures of the celestial hurricanum/lumicark of hysh.
i decided to assemble it in loads of pieces so i could paint them all without interference from other bits

the carriage sub assembly

the celecsital hurricanum sub assembly

as it is held together :p

the luminark of Hysh sub assembly

as it is together

the light wizard that you get free :biggrin:

the acolytes

so.... there it is :p

khrone

#15 ·
the unpainted models look better than most of my tomb kings and the test model looks good
also who the hell is aldor schulz?

#17 ·
that makes sense but light wizards of hysh dosent as hysh is the wind of magic for light isnt it?
anyway are u going to post tommorrows battle?

#18 ·
Cool project Khrone. I really like the colours but then I have a soft spot for blue and white together. Kind of reminds me of paladins. Have you based this in white because the blue looks quite vivid and the white looks slightly dirty(?). Though the scheme looks good! I'll be following this :)

#19 ·
thanks for the comments :p

i painted it by undercoating the cloth in astronomican grey, painted the blue bits with enchanted blue then with 1:1 enchanted blue to ice blue, then 1:2 enchanted blue to ice blue. the white was a 1:1 astronomican grey to white then pure white in 2 layers.

i have "undercoated" the cloth and done the blue on the other 10 handgunners, pics will follow tomorrow morning :p

khrone

#25 ·
and i hate the lore of light that one wizard killed almost half of my army when are u going to put the report up? also why have u changed the name?

#26 ·
I love light wizards :p

i changed the name because it didnt sound Empire-y enough

Battle report, between me and Kavyanshrike (i will sketch some pictures of the board and add them later)

Lists:
Empire: 10 handgunners with 5 man handgunner detatchment. light wizard with level 2 and channeling staff (he had shems burning gaze and pha's protection)

Tomb Kings: 21 warriors (not sure on equipment), liche priest with level 2 (had the movement and killy wind spells), tomb scorpion

set up: light bits of terrain around the board. handgunners set up right in the middle with the light wizard. warriors + liche set up on the far right (from my perspective)

Empire turn 1: the handgunners were out of range, so moved them forward towards the centre. the light wizard cast the boosted shem's burning gaze and a whole rank of skeletons were wiped off the board :p

Tomb king turn 1: skele's move forward, the liche casts desert wind (a movement spell) with irisistable force, and suffers a wound from the lashback.

Empire turn 2: no movement, why would i :p?, the hangunners hit and wound well, but 5 of the wounds are stopped from the regeneration from the lich, and they only kill one. the wizard is outwitted by the liche while casting shems.

tomb king turn 2: the tomb scorpion turns up and rolls a 25 to scatter!!!!!! then we realized that we were using the wrong dice :( and it only scatter 2", damn. the warriors moved forwards, and liche again cast desert wind.

Empire turn 3: the detachment of handgunners turn to face the scorpion, as does the wizard (coming out of the unit), the main handgunners shoot at the skeles and kill 4. the light wizard casts boosted shem's at the scorpion......irisistable force........11 hits.......8 wounds.........1 saved :victory:, loose 1 wizard level from irisistable, and looses pha's protection

Tomb king turn 3: warriors now down to 5 men, move forward, cast desert wind, move forward.

Empire turn 4: light wizard casts boosted shem's.......kills 1 (makes up for his brillient display last turn i suppose). the rest of the handgunners execute the rest of the warriors and the liche.

250-0 victory points. Win for the Empire.

Khrone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.