New to Age of Sigmar - High Elf Help - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Age of Sigmar All Age of Sigmar discussion in here. As the section grows we'll expand it into its own cateogory.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-19-17, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

EmbraCraig's Flag is: Scotland

Default New to Age of Sigmar - High Elf Help

Heya folks, I'm looking at jumping into Age of Sigmar.

I started picking up minis for a Sea Guard themed High Elf army back before the End Times started being a thing, and gave up before I had enough for a full WHFB army, but I've kept a hold of some stuff. I'm gonna pick up the re-released Island of Blood set for the elves from that. Once I've picked up the boxed set, I should have something like:

Prince on Griffon
Archmage
2 Skycutters (unassembled, so any option possible)
50 Sea guard
15 Reavers
10 Sword Masters
An eagle

I understand that thanks to the rules in the re-released box set, most of this stuff comes under the Swifthawk Agents, which is great - I can start out with the themed army I was thinking of back in WHFB. There's lots of fast harassment stuff there, and some infantry to back them up... seems like a decent start.

I'm not sure exactly how list building works for points matched games, but looking at the Age of Sigmar app, Swifthawk Agents seem pretty limited at the moment in terms of what I can add while sticking within the same faction. I'm guessing I can add more Sword Masters to beef up that unit... what would I be looking at after that?

In terms of rules, I guess I'll want to pick up the Generals Handbook, since it'll probably be points matched games I'm looking to play - what other rules should I look to pick up? Would it still be legit to use the High Elves pdf on the GW site from when AoS first came out? Or is the Grand Alliance - Order book the right place to find more up to date rules to use old HE units? If I wanted to use old Wood Elf units alongside what I've got, or Sylvaneth, how does that effect list building?

Thanks in advance

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Age of Sigmar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode