Starting a Gaming Club in north london. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming Clubs Advertise your Wargames Club or Gaming group here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-11, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Starting a Gaming Club in north london.

Hello all

I have been planning to start a gaming club in North London for quite some time now, and am at present in the process of getting every thing set up and started. the idea for the club is one that any gaming system can be played from D&D, Warmaster, 40K to Warhammer. i wanted to post some thing up here to see how many people would be interested in joining, I appologise to any one from this site if i have posted this in the wrong area and would be greatfull if you could move it to the rite place, seeing as i dont want to get baned from here for doing this!
if your intersted and i dont get in trouble for posting this here please let me no by adding a reply to this post.
again sorry if this is in the wrong place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-11, 02:44 PM
Febris Militarius

Medic Marine's Flag is: Australia

Prolly should be in the game club section bottom of site. Link. A mod will move it I am sure.

Life is all anatomy lessons and paint brushes
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-11, 03:45 PM
Slaanesh's Plaything

Talos's Flag is: United Kingdom

There are alot of gaming clubs in London already, I know of 4 that are near me in London. Although I have only been to one of them. None of them are very GW heavy, yes they have a number of GW players each gaming night but the non GW gamers outnumber them.

Maybe check out those clubs as you may not want to start a club if there is a large number already there.

Where abouts in North London you thinking ?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-28-11, 04:50 AM Thread Starter

it will be in Islington, i have not found any clubs in my area so far. just working out all the details for it at the moment.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-11, 08:01 PM

Heya, definitely interested, just started working in Islington so would be up for a week night in that area.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-11, 06:29 PM
Willyb0ne's Flag is: England

Hi Im in Islington too and dying to play some games. Count me in! I would love to play 40k, necromunda, D+D and whatever else is fun!

So whats the next step?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-11, 06:55 PM
Slaanesh's Plaything

Talos's Flag is: United Kingdom

Most of the London Clubs I know are based in pubs. Due to limited space in London this seems to be the norm. It does mean your club has to be 18+ but most people see that as a plus.

So see if any pub's locally have a spare room you can use once a week. The club I go to is lucky as the owner of the pub is a gamer to. Before we moved to that pub, we where in one that let us use there basement room for free once a week, other that at Christmas time.

Or have you already got a place planned ?
If so you need to get the word out, I would see if Dark Sphere could let you put up some flyers in there store.

As for clubs already near Islington, we have a number of gamers from Islington at my club. Our club is only at London Bridge so just a few tube stops from Islington.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-11, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

ok,
sorry for not posting any thing for a while but i have been a busy boy! i used to work for GW but have now moved onto bigger and better thing's. i am still going to be starting a gaming club in north London and am at present talking to a few pubs which have a large area which can be used for gaming of all kinds. however i am now running a Hugh bar in croydon so much of my time is taken up with that. However, i am going to giving up the hole pub to over 18's for gaming on saturday's, starting in the next 3 week's. i am already talking to one local club to see if they would be interested in coming in and using my bar, in all i should be able to host any and every kind of game you can think of, D&D, 40K, Warhammer role play ect, i'm not putting a limit on what systems are used as long as every one respect's each other and does not get beardy! i@m calling it "Bear hammer" were you come along and play as many games as you want and of course get hammered! :) as thing's progress i will be bringing it over to north London and having some interesting gaming idea's for mass games!
At present i think i should be able to host an apocalypse game of around 10 feet x 30 feet once i have every thing up and running properly. please let me no if your interested.
leave me an email at phibbers@hotmail.com ( moderators, my apologies if i'm not allowed to post a link like my email. :( ) i'll give you all more info as i get thing's sorted out!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Wargaming Clubs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode