Club in Austin, TX? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming Clubs Advertise your Wargames Club or Gaming group here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-25-10, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

texcuda's Flag is: USA

Default Club in Austin, TX?

Looking for a club, etc in Austin, TX. Anybody know of one other than the meet up that happens at the North Austin Dragons Lair?

"The difference between heresy and treachery is ignorance." The Emporer
"Actually, if you speak up about something you clearly no nothing about, it kinda IS your fault. lol Feel free to ignore any questions you don't know the answer to." Courtesy of DeathKlokk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-08-10, 04:17 AM

philsminions's Flag is: USA

Default Looking for an Austin club as well

I just reignited the 40k flame after an 18 year break. I am in the process of getting all of my old stuff together and selling it on ebay. I spent the past month collecting an assortment of new and used Black Templar stuff. I am interested in finding a club around Austin so I can get back into the game. I have A LOT of work to do on my army before I can even think of playing, but I'd like to be around the games and relearn everything I have forgotten. Feel free to let me know if and when you get any info. I'll keep my ears open as well.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-08-10, 02:37 PM

Jae Namkyoung's Flag is: USA

Sup, I'd like to sit around for a few games myself. Pretty new to the hobby and I've seen stuff played when I was up in Lacey, Washington earlier in the year. I can be up during weekends.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-09-10, 01:26 AM Thread Starter

The only gaming I know of around here is at the Dragons Lair on Burnet Rd Mon/Tues nights.

I'd be interested in getting together and having something friendly learning games. I have about 600 pts of SM and 450 pts of Orks to play with atm. Drop me a PM if interested.

"Actually, if you speak up about something you clearly no nothing about, it kinda IS your fault. lol Feel free to ignore any questions you don't know the answer to." Courtesy of DeathKlokk
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-09-10, 12:54 PM

Arg, I am not off on Monday or Tuesday, however; I can arrange something in the near future. When I have the days and times, and I will let you guys know.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-09-10, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

sounds good, I work nights and go to school fulltime so getting up to DL can be tricky for me as well. Most afternoons I am available to play.

Last edited by texcuda; 09-09-10 at 02:07 PM.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-09-10, 04:17 PM

Yeah, lemme see, I'm pretty much in school full time, working on my A+ Certification right now, so every day in my class is like critical to me. However, maybe we can work something out toward the beginning of October?

Once I'm done though I'll be able to have more time.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-09-10, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

working on my bachelor's in engineering and I'm starting to get out of basic classes and into the higher levels which translates to more time studying. I would love to meet some like minded people to battle with occasionally. Let me know.

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-22-10, 12:54 AM
TheLambBread's Flag is: Germany

Default Austin Gaming Club

Yea, I'd definetely start a reagular meet so we can all play. Let me know when and where ya'll plan on meeting.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-15-11, 02:44 AM

philsminions's Flag is: USA

Hey guys. Sorry I've been out of touch for awhile. I just got off a stint on active duty and have quite a bit of time on my hands. I have a tough decision to make regarding the employment question...do I take a contract job in afghanistan, or do I wait until late this year to go with my unit? Still not sure what the choice will be, so until then, I'm trying to get this dang templars army up and running. I just sent off an email to Dragons Lair in Austin about starting up a 40k escalation league geared towards noobs like myself. I haven't played an actual game in over 18 years, so I gotta get back to the basics. I'm pretty sure the escalation league would start at 750pts and eventually go up to 2000 over a period of several weeks. I'm anxiously awaiting a reply from those dudes...hopefully, I'll have good news and y'all can come up for some fun. Otherwise, they always have open mini nights during the week and we could probably scrounge some space on an odd weekend here or there. I'll be in touch.

-Brother Phil

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Wargaming Clubs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode