Any gaming clubs in redditch or birmingham? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming Clubs Advertise your Wargames Club or Gaming group here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-09-10, 06:54 AM Thread Starter

Default Any gaming clubs in redditch or birmingham?

Hi,

I 've recently moved to Redditch, which is a town just outside of Birmingham (England) and I'm looking to get back into warhammer 40k, are their any gaming clubs in or around either redditch or birmingham??

Thanks for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-18-10, 07:53 AM

son of nocturne's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Lack of

Also from redditch and their is no clubs that i know of. GW birmingham has tables available for 40k on tues nights. im only a noob but would be willing to have a game maybe
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-16-10, 07:00 PM
Angelus (Deceased)'s Flag is: United Kingdom

I'd game! Though it's true that few people go to the Tuesday & Thursday evening game nights, they're all pretty good players (the older guys, ofc. You do, in fairness, get really young kids who don't really know the rules hanging about).
xx

But yeah, I personally think that Sutton Coldfield workshop has more range of tables/terrain, but I don't really know anyone there, personally. Now, Birmingham on the other hand...

xxx

"I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition!"

*looks around*

"...no-one? Really? Ugh...fine..."
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-10, 12:04 PM

Did you chaps ever manage to find a gaming club in or around Redditch? I know of a few people in the area who would be interested in getting something up and running if you're still interested.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-08-11, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooflux View Post
Did you chaps ever manage to find a gaming club in or around Redditch? I know of a few people in the area who would be interested in getting something up and running if you're still interested.
Sorry for my LATE reply. in short no, I work till 6pm+ weekdays and not driving meant travelling to Brum was out of the question as well.

So setting a gaming club up would be amazing. I don't have must spare time but would be VERY interested in helping set one up.

~Rob
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-08-11, 10:26 PM

OrdoMalleus's Flag is: United Kingdom

There is a gaming club that I attend on tuesday nights at Ladywood social club, right next to 5 Ways.

(Map
:http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...-8&sa=N&tab=wl)

Its every tuesday from 6pm-11pm, Just turn up and they are always very welcoming. The first couple of weeks are free, but after that its 2.00.

P.s I beleive GW sutton Coldfield has moved as is unfortunately a 1man band store apparently....
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-09-11, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Cool - out of interest - how close is the club to the 5ways train station?
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-10-11, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Gazer View Post
Sorry for my LATE reply. in short no, I work till 6pm+ weekdays and not driving meant travelling to Brum was out of the question as well.

So setting a gaming club up would be amazing. I don't have must spare time but would be VERY interested in helping set one up.

~Rob
Hi Rob

Definitely still interested in getting something going, even if it's just meeting up for the occasional game. If there's enough interest I'll look at trying to find a suitable local venue with a view to hosting regular game nights.

cheers
v.f.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-12-11, 06:31 AM Thread Starter

hi vf,

PM sent - i'm glad your still interested. i may only have possibly one other person interested at present... but even they only really paint from what i can gather...

so we'll see.

~Rob
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-18-11, 11:05 AM

Add another one to the list of interested players in Redditch.

I've been thinking of setting something up here for years, but with the arrival of kids I never got round to it. I'm back to the gaming now tho and would be interested in setting something up.

Not actually a warhammer player and before the kids were born I was playing LOTR. Just embarked on FOW to quench my thirst for ww2.

Be warned, I am pretty abysmal at playing but enjoy it none the less.

Si

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Wargaming Clubs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode