New Club in Brisbane, Australia for fantasy, 40k and other games. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming Clubs Advertise your Wargames Club or Gaming group here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-09, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

maddermax's Flag is: Australia

Default New Club in Brisbane, Australia for fantasy, 40k and other games.

Hi all, just putting the word out about our newish club in Brisbane, Australia, meeting at the Centenary Tavern in Middle Park (west Brisbane - see map) every Sunday night from 6:30 until 10:30 or so.

We're a small group at the moment, though we usually have about a dozen players in a night, but we're looking to expand, so more players are encouraged. Our location is at a pub, so please note this is a licensed venue - beer is available on tap, and flows pretty freely.

A few notes about us:
  • we play Warhammer fantasy and 40K, usually 1500 or 2000 points in a game, though games of higher or lower value can be arranged.
  • We play other games including D&D, Warmachine and Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader.
  • We play friendly games, and try to keep powergaming and rules problems to a minimum.
  • There is a $10 entry fee, but that gets you a pretty good feast of chips, wedges and other snacks.
  • We have the function room there, with quite a few tables, and we can provide ample terrain - so we can play quite a few games at the same time.

Generally, its just a lot of fun, a bit of beer, gaming and talk - whatever you feel like. If you're interested, or have any questions, please post in this thread, or PM me and I'll get back to you.

PLEASE NOTE: It is a licensed venue, so we can only allow people over 18 - this isn't dissing the younger crowd, but is to do with liqueur licensing laws.

PubHammer Brisbane
It's all in the name.

Looking for a club in Brisbane, Australia? Come and enjoy a game and a beer at our friendly club in a pub, Sunday nights from 6:30. All brisbanites welcome, don't wait, check out our Club Page on Facebook for details or to organize a game. We play all sorts of board and war games, so hit us up if you're interested.

Update:From the 25th of May 2014 we'll be Meeting at The Junction pub in Annerley, opposite Ace Comics and Games Still playing 40k, Warmachine and board games of all sorts!

Last edited by maddermax; 11-18-09 at 11:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-09-09, 12:22 AM

Sweet you would probly see me there
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-09-09, 01:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgutz View Post
Sweet you would probly see me there
hey hey! gah, I have to update this thing! we've actually moved from the bardon bowls club to the centenary tavern! I'll try to update the info tonight (have to go out now), and I'll send you a PM if you're interested

PubHammer Brisbane
It's all in the name.

Looking for a club in Brisbane, Australia? Come and enjoy a game and a beer at our friendly club in a pub, Sunday nights from 6:30. All brisbanites welcome, don't wait, check out our Club Page on Facebook for details or to organize a game. We play all sorts of board and war games, so hit us up if you're interested.

Update:From the 25th of May 2014 we'll be Meeting at The Junction pub in Annerley, opposite Ace Comics and Games Still playing 40k, Warmachine and board games of all sorts!
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-21-09, 11:29 AM

mrshl9898's Flag is: Australia

Default i'm up

definatly interested, send me the details.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-10-09, 05:48 AM

Dark Assassin101's Flag is: Ireland

sounds good could u send me the details I've been looking for a new group to play with

Quote:
"The consensus seemed to be that if really large numbers of men were sent to storm the mountain, then enough might survive the rocks to take the citadel. This is essentially the basis of all military thinking." Eric By Terry Pratchett

Marines-Wins: 3 Draws: 0 Losses: 1
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-09, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

Ok, the thread has been updated, all details are current as of now, and I've gotten back to everyone! yay!

As for the club, it's still going strong, and there is an open invitation to anyone to join us there, come, take a look around, decide if you want to be associated with this bunch of crazies

As for what the clubs been doing recently, we've been getting out the Warhammer Fantasy a bit more, with dwarves, goblins, Bretonnians, Ogres and Skaven (as well as a few others) getting a good run. Raisty's new Skaven force especially seems to be constantly looking for a battle, as he hones his new list!

40k continues strong, with an experiment by a few players last week to get an apocalypse sized game with run though in a night - I'll update on that when I hear more about it this weekend (as I was unfortunately away this week!), but it sounded like a lot of fun!

Our super-heavy tank bash the week before last went down well, with a Gargant overcoming and killing a baneblade and shadow swords and a few land raiders.

Anyway, don't be shy, if you're reading this, you're probably someone who should come along, so drop me a PM, or just come along for a look and a meet and greet!

Hope to see you there!

PubHammer Brisbane
It's all in the name.

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-09, 01:44 PM

Damn right my Skaven are always ready for a fight, running away or blowing themselves up, whichever the roll prefers
So normally blowing themselves up...

But yea my Space Puppies and Skaven make appearances most weeks
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-10-10, 09:42 AM

Talonis's Flag is: Australia

Hello,
I've been looking for a good regular club in brissy! I'm pretty interested.
Hmmm... sunday nights... its sunday now! still have a few hours to get there!!

Seriously, beer, 40k, good times.... I'm Keen!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-14-10, 09:44 AM

Leper Messiah's Flag is: Australia

Finally having my first game this Sunday at home, but once I've got a few games under my belt, and a few more minis painted, I'll come down with a mate. Lovin' that its on the westside.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-14-10, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
Finally having my first game this Sunday at home, but once I've got a few games under my belt, and a few more minis painted, I'll come down with a mate. Lovin' that its on the westside.
don't be too shy, we don't stand on ceremony at the club, so if you just want to come take a look, that would be awesome I'm sure we can give you a few tips for a new player as well!

Send me a PM whenever you feel like coming along, weather it's this week, next week or whenever

PubHammer Brisbane
It's all in the name.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Wargaming Clubs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode