Describe your Gaming Club - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming Clubs Advertise your Wargames Club or Gaming group here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-08, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

Default Describe your Gaming Club

This topic is to highlight what you like and dislike about your current gaming club. If you do not have one please feel free to post what you would like in a gaming club. This includes membership fees, perks to being in the club, club name etc.

This is not a recruitment thread, this is a discussion thread about for others clubs to look at and see what they can do to their clubs to make them better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-15-08, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

I will start this off. The first gaming club I belonged to was the Lunatic Fringe based out of the store, The Danger Room, Inc in Andeson Indiana. As a club member we had our own private room in the back with a couch and stuff that we could hang out in. We also recieved a 10% discount on all products, but not including food/beverage. Once every six months we ran elections to vote for club president, and vice president.

The club raised money for the various games that the store offered. Normally the club would chip in X amount of money per person in a tournament to allow bigger prizes to be offered. While the club did not raise tons of money we raised enogh to be able to offer product demo material, prize support, etc. The best part of the Lunatic Fringe was the fact that the store owner, while he was nominally in charge of the club, very rarely stepped in, we ran the club ourselves and voted on issues. Membership fees ran $10.00 a month.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-15-08, 04:40 PM

Leatharnak's Flag is: USA

Two guys in a basement. Gaming ain't what it used to be in Colorado. Now everyone want to go outside and see mountains and hear birds and play ultimate frisbee. God...so many hippies!

Currently Painting: Noffin'...yet
Currently Modeling: Cybork Nobz with Kromlech Legs and Torsos

"For Gork...or possibly Mork."

"Though my guards may sleep and ships may rest at anchor, our foes know full well that big guns never tire."
--Lufgt Huron, the Tyrant of Badab

"Sir, do you know they've cut us off? We're entirely surrounded."
"Those poor bastards," Puller said. "They've got us right where we want 'em. We can shoot in every direction now."
--From Marine! The Life Of Lt. Gen. Lewis B. (Chesty) Puller USMC (Ret.) By Burke Davis

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-08, 07:34 AM

surreal-mind's Flag is: Australia

mine is grotz,in eltham, free first time and $5 every time you rock up. it pretty good for gaming and trading stuff, its on every sunday, however my friends are a big enough community to make our own (about 10 people) and im considering starting one.

Seven, That is all.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-08, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Running can be time consuming but a lot of fun and very fulfilling. While free seems like a good idea to get people into it, a membership fee is a must, you can not do anything cool with said club if you do not get any funds from it and last time i checked a bunch of gamers doing a car wash will not generate money....

I would also set up a snack and drink fund, charge the normal .50 cents and all the profit is put into a bank account (while it wil lnot be a great amount of money it builds up).
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-08, 10:09 PM

gwmaniac's Flag is: USA

i usually make it free for the club nights unless we order pizza, then we all pitch in for the food. i have a jar for club donations in case anyone wants to donate so the club can buy club armies and make new battle boards, and after a good amount has been donated, the donors can vote on what the club should buy with the money.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-17-08, 10:16 AM

Lord Sinkoran's Flag is: England

I go to the cros swords gaming club in lee mill near plymouth. its great 16 6'X4' table below a pub so we can order food and drink whilst gaiming. 3 a night, money goes towrds new terrain and the renting of the bar.

Violence is never the answer, it is the question, to which the answer is, yes
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-17-08, 04:51 PM

magician847's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default school club

my club doesnt really have a name, but what the hey!

I currently run the club at my school (private school! yay...),

we have about 15 members ranging form year 7-11 (me being the oldest)

players play:

marines,
IG,
Eldar,
Necrons,
Tau,
and nids.

atm we have no funding whatsoever and the club is free (has to be), but the school may give me some money to either buy terrain or get materials with which we can make some! :D

thanks for "listening"

M

Apostles Of Vengeance Truescale Space Marines:
Sergeant Sigorn: 99%
Tactical Squad Themis: 10%

Follow them here

Void Miniatures Commissions Service

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Wargaming Clubs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode