Looking For gamers in the nowra area to play - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming Clubs Advertise your Wargames Club or Gaming group here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-08, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
wez

wez's Flag is: Australia

Icon Looking For gamers in the nowra area to play Australia. PLEASE REPLY, FEEDBACK Except

Hey, if anyone wants to play there is a games club at the pcyc from 12PM to 6PM on sundays on Park road. There are players for warhammer,40K and lord of the rings. So come on!! In Australia NSW Thanks and sorry everybody. I know now it takes longer than a chatroom now for a response. could someone tell me how to change the title of the thread please before i look more stupid.

Last edited by wez; 10-11-08 at 11:38 AM. Reason: extra info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-08, 01:43 PM
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

First off, this is a Message Board, NOT a chatroom. It takes time for people to respond to threads. 12 hours is nothing.

Second, if you want people to respond to your threads, PUT THEM IN THE RIGHT PLACE

We have a Whole FORUM just for wargaming clubs and meet-ups, which is where I am transferring your posts now.

Also, bear in mind the fact that there might not BE any Heresy members within easy reach of you. Nobody is going to post just to say they;re nowhere near you. So if you don't get any replies, it might be that nobody is nearby.

Next time, before you throw a tantrum, show a little patience and wisdom and take the time to create a thorough, thought out thread and put it in the right place.
Though if this is your normal attitude, I wouldn't be surprised if nobody wants to respond.

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-08, 12:18 AM Thread Starter
wez

sorry, just bored so i wanted someone to answer cause i had nothing to do. And secondly a thought this basicly was a chatroom? sorry for the ignorence but could someone please explain that to me? P.S thanks for moveing my thread for me.

if this is your normal attude no wonder no one is responding Not my normal attitude smiles dont work.

Last edited by wez; 10-11-08 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Smiles
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-08, 01:22 AM
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

It's a mesage board.

You leave a message and wait for someone to reply, just like leaving a message on someone's voicemail isn't the same as talking to them directly.

We have a chatroom (the Live Chat button up top), and an Arcade (another of those buttons up top) if you're bored.

Forums are slow, but they offer a lot more depth and exposure than a there-and-gone chatroom conversation.

Also, if you have something to add after you post a message, PLEASE just use the 'edit' button and add it to your post, rather than making a second post right after the first.

There's also a 'quote' button if you want to quote or reference all or part of someone else's post.

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-08, 01:22 AM

Daneel2.0's Flag is: USA

Good to see it isn't your normal attitude

Actually there is a chat kind of function that you can use. I don't use it myself often, but it's under the Live Chat button at the top of the page.

Oh. . . . Welcome

EDIT: DAMN Beaten to the punch. Oh well

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse View Post
[Necrons]shoot, shoot, teleport, shoot. win
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-12-08, 01:46 AM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

Welcome to the board and good luck with recruiting members. I hope you luck in getting poeple for gaming.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-08, 09:29 AM

slaaneshy's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm nowhere near you.

I am the White Knight!

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-08, 10:51 PM

chromedog's Flag is: Australia

I'm also nowhere near you, being on the opposite side of Sydney than Wollongong. I'm also not aware of any other gamers in your area.

Have you tried putting up notices in the 'Gong GW store? We did this for my club (Newcastle store, not 'gong), and got a few people in that way.
Have you tried joining Wargamerau (another board like this one, but closer to home.) and looking for new blood there.

The other issue could be the PCYC thing. My club used to be a PCYC club, but we couldn't get new blood because we were REQUIRED to charge them a years' membership to PCYC just so they could step in the door, on top of any meeting fees (for the hire of our hall). We've moved to the Rugby supporters club close by (across the road from the PCYC) and have had several new people join as a result.

Hey! Where'd ... Everybody ... go?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-09, 12:40 AM

Default Shoalhaven Dice Rollers

Hey all,

My name is Sam Bahnert, I am the Current President of the Shoalhaven Gamers Club that Wez, mentioned.

We are always more then happy to have more members.

Our website is www.dicerollers.org (please be aware this is under construction)
But our forum is up and running
Hope fully we will see some of you there, some time

Thanks for you time

Sam

Last edited by lemas; 03-13-09 at 12:41 AM. Reason: spelling error
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-09, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
wez

I thought we were quiet riot?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Wargaming Clubs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode