11th July Campaign final 2 places sign up
As you probably know we have an overnight campaign running on the 11th/12th July.
We are currently 2 people short of the full numbers and need your help to make sure we have the full compliment of teams present on the night.
Therefore if you can answer yes to all of the following please put a post in this topic to sign up!
Are you over 18?
Can you field a 500pt, a 1250pt and a combined 1750pt army according the rules laid out in this forum topic(http://4tk.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=62)?
Are you free from 11:30pm on the 11th July through until at least 9am on the 12th?
If you can answer yes to all of the above, or you know someone else who can answer yes to the above then please post your (or get them to post their) details in this forum topic. We need real names, not forum logins (if you're uncomfortable about this then post in the topic and then follow that post up with a private message to 4tkadmin and "Ice Lord") and it will be first come first served as far as deciding who gets the final two slots. Please only post your details if you can definitely attend, no maybes!
It promises to be an excellent night's gaming and most importantly of all, there *will* be pizza!
Now, stop reading this and get us some fresh meat for the grinder! Oops, I mean sign up already! Go!
Last Night of Terror…….
‘As the long night starts on the cursed planet of Bilbious IV the natives huddle in fear. Firewood has been stockpiled and kept dry for as long as possible, walls and huts reinforced to withstand attack, tall outposts and watchtowers guard the corners, ever vigilant against the creatures of the night. As the last sunset for 6 months falls, so does hope. Only the sky god can help them now, so they pray, they pray hard to see the dawn’
Welcome to a team campaign, designed to allow 4 teams of 4 players to battle against each other for control of the planet of Bilbious IV. The basic idea is to play 4 rounds against various opponents and with different point based games to earn campaign points. This in turn can be spent to buy favours, gain blessings, spy on your enemies and most importantly take control of land before the long night sets on Bilbious IV.
Things you need to play;
• 3 friends or random people who you can stand to be near.
• 1250 point army, chosen from one force organisation chart.
• 500 point border patrol army. Note; which must be from the same army list as your main force, and with the models being different from the main force. IE; both forces are Space Marines, or Necrons, or Tyranids, and you have enough models to make both forces, so you can field both on the table at the same time.
• Red bull, coffee or similar….. and maybe pizza, oh ok, definitely pizza!
Before the campaign starts label each player in your team either A, B, C or D. This makes very little impact; it just determines the order of your games. The campaign plays three different styles of game over 4 rounds. In each round you will play against another player from a different team. Depending on your success in the games you earn campaign points, which during the rounds you and your team can spend as you see fit…..
500 pts, border patrol, 4x4 board; your forward scouts, these poor fellows look out for new territory for your team to take. Using the boarder patrol rules (no 2+ saves, no model with more than 2 wounds, no vehicle with combined armour of more than 33, no ordnance, 1+ troop choice) play skirmish (unlimited rounds, when your force is under 50%, take a LD test at the start of turn on the highest LD in your force, if you fail, you lose). One model in your force MUST be nominated as your force leader, this model counts as your HQ. As the games are small and quick, you play 2 games in this round.
Campaign points; 3 for a win, 1 for a loss (note; you can’t draw in this mission), 1 for killing your opponents HQ, 1 point for keeping your HQ alive.
Part 2 - The update:
‘Johna looked upwards, he had to stretch his neck as far back as possible to look the sky warrior in the eye. It was a scary look, the look of total and raw power, the look of a god. They had walked into his village two days ago, the sun slowly setting, and the hustle and bustle of another year coming to a close. 5 of them, 5 walking gods, their heavy footsteps causing the very ground itself to shake and shudder. They had immediately taken over, the prime warrior who had dared challenge them, had been cut down, as if he was nothing more than a child. His skull is now hanging from a belt. Johna received his instructions, he ran off, eager to please before the sun finally set.’
This will hopefully answer a lot of common questions about the forth coming all night campaign. It goes through and picks out sections that could do with expanding, and give more details of what everything is all about. If there are any questions about it, please feel free to ask.
• Both your 500 point and 1250 point armies MUST be chosen from the same codex. So if your 1250 army is Blood Angels, so must be your 500 point army.
• Your 1250 army can only be one force organisation chart.
• Yes, this does mean that when you combine your 2 armies you can field over a force organisation chart. For example, you take 2 chaplains in your 1250 army and a captain in your 500 point army you will have 3 HQ’s for your 1750 combined game.
• Obviously you need 1750 points worth of models.
• Models do NOT have to be painted, but MUST be built to be accurate. If you want a melta gun in a squad, make a model with a melta gun.
• You will need 2 copies of your army list, for both armies. One to keep for your games, and if needed one copy to be checked by the GM.
• Note on forge world….. as forge world never tournament play test their rules, there will be NO forge world models allowed. If space marine dreadnoughts were meant to have plasma cannons, then plasma cannons would be in the codex! You can use forge world models to use models that GW haven’t made yet, such as drop pods, and for things like extra armour etc…
• Hmm, yep, I made a mistake with the team descriptions, sorry.
• There will be 4 teams of 4 players.
• The Teams will be labelled A, B, C and D. Tho please feel free to have a suitable cool name to hand!
• The Players will be numbered 1, 2, 3 and 4.
• Hopefully the Round chart makes a little more sense, and below is a chart showing the Player rounds;
Team. Player. Opponents. Game Type.
A 1 B1,C1 C4 B2 D1 BP SM CG SM
A 2 C2 D4,B2 B3 C3 SM BP SM CG
A 3 D3 D1 C4,D2 B4 SM CG BP SM
A 4 B4 D2 C1 D3,C2 CG SM SM BP
B 1 A1,D1 D3 D4 D2 BP SM SM CG
B 2 D2 C3,A2 A1 C4 SM BP CG SM
B 3 C3 C1 A2 C2,D3 SM CG SM BP
B 4 A4 C2 D2,C4 A3 CG SM BP SM
C 1 D1,A1 B3 A4 D4 BP CG SM SM
C 2 A2 B4 D3 B3,A4 SM SM CG BP
C 3 B3 B2,D4 D1 A2 SM BP SM CG
C 4 D4 A1 A3,B4 B2 CG SM BP SM
D 1 C1,B1 A3 C3 A1 BP CG SM SM
D 2 B2 A4 B4,A3 B1 SM SM BP CG
D 3 A3 B1 C2 A4,B3 SM SM CG BP
D 4 C4 A2,C3 B1 C1 CG BP SM SM
• As of this time, teams are proving to be a little tricky in the making, we have lots of interest in the campaign, but actually forming teams is not as easy as I first thought. We can ‘make’ the teams before the evening, and try to get everything ready or we could try doing completely random teams on the night itself….. maybe something for the forum….?
• Each game round will be 2 hours long. So you will have 2 hours to determine mission, set up and play. The game ends after 2 hours, regardless of where in the game you are. Although 2 hours sounds like a long time, it isn’t. So get ready for some furious gaming action!
• Border Patrol games, in these rounds the idea is you play 2 games, each game an hour long. These games are usually very quick and brutal. In the first pack I say that you can’t draw in this game and it has been pointed out to me that actually you could play for time. So the rule is, if after the hour one side hasn’t fled, the side who took the first LD test loses. In my experience, these games never take an hour to play.
• Combined Game, in this game escalation is used. Your Border Patrol force starts in full if you wish, allowing you to have vehicles, jump and bikes all starting. These elements are allowed to be deployed up to 15” in from your table edge.
• Scenery, will be placed before the campaign starts and shouldn’t be moved, unless some really good reason can be made.
• Hmm, received a lot of feedback about how these will be used and displayed in the games. On the night I will have a recording sheet that each player will use, and during the games there will be some markers to denote how many you have. At the start of the games you will need to inform your opponent of how many CP’s you have to use and show the pile of counters/markers.
• Cunning, can be used after the roll has been made, and both players can use it. So to modify the roll by +2/-2 or to cancel out the other players use. The person who rolled the dice must declare first if they want to use this.
• Comms, must be used before the roll is made.
• Dumb Luck, can be used for ANY single dice (including scatter dice), used after the roll has been made (Obviously, lol). Note, you can not re-roll a re-roll.
• Iron Will, used after a LD test has been made, can be used to re-roll a successful LD test as well.
• Shadows, used after an enemy unit has successfully spotted a unit, only affect one unit at a time.
• Hippies, used before any cover saves are rolled, applies for all cover saves taken that turn
• Steel Nerves, used before the test is made.
• Rage, used at the time of assault, before any dice are rolled.
• Momma’s Special, used before to hit rolls are rolled.
• Master of Battles, used before dice to see what mission is played is rolled. If your opponent wishes to use this as well, then you both pay the CP cost and roll normally.
• Divine Favour, can be used after all saves are exhausted, it ignores a single wound (useful for when force weapons are around)
• Assassinate, this is used before the game starts; pick any unit in the opponent’s army, even those starting off table.
• True Faith, can be used at any time, lasts one game turn. So if you use it at the start of your opponents shooting phase, it lasts until the start of your opponents next shooting phase.
• Native Spy (re-named Government Bribe); useful for teams that aren’t sure how much they are behind or in front even. Used in-between games.
Just remember the campaign winners is determined by how much territory they have!
• Sky-God Help; if any team loses all of their games in any round, they can appeal to the Sky-God for aid in their forth-coming battles. This helps costs 4cp. The team gains the useful skills and abilities of the GM for the next round. The help given is unknown………
Campaign start time; 23.30 hours!
‘Johna was pleased with his work, he had been working for days now, without food and water, but now the task was complete. It wasn’t until the screaming started that Johna finally realized what he had made. As he looked upon it, his eyes bled and his sanity was shattered, and his last sound was of the sky warrior’s horrible weapons being fired.’
1250pts; standard missions, 4x4 board; your main force, stationed and garrisoned at your base, this force reacts to attacks and threats. Play the games as from the rulebook for deciding missions, using Gamma level rules.
Campaign points; 3 for a win, 2 for a draw, 1 for a loss, 1 for each HQ independent character killed (so you would get 1 point for killing a chaplain, but nothing for his command squad, they don’t count)…. Plus the following depending on the mission played;
Cleanse; 2 points for each table quarter owned.
Secure and Control; 2 points for each Loot counter owned.
Seek and Destroy; 1 point for each choice from the force organisation chart destroyed.
Recon; 2 points for each scoring unit in opponent’s deployment zone.
Take and Hold; 1 point for each scoring unit in the centre of the board.
1750 pts, combined game, 6x4; in this round your forward scouts and main force combine (1750 pts) to crush a major foe, and take control of a major area of Bilbious IV. Play Secure and Control as from the rulebook, using Omega level rules and all 5 loot counters. In this mission your border patrol force can deploy in full, and may set up 15” into the board. This round represents a major gamble in gaining territory for your team, as such campaign points are doubled in this mission…. So 4 points for each Loot counter, 2 points for killing a HQ etc…..
R1 BP-1 BP-2 SM-3 SM-4 SM-5 SM-6 CG-7 CG-8
Player A1/B1(A1/C1) C1/D1(B1/D1) A2/C2 B2/D2 A3/D3 B3/C3 A4/B4 C4/D4
R2 BP-1 BP-2 SM-3 SM-4 SM-5 SM-6 CG-7 CG-8
Player A2/D4(A2/B2) B2/C3(C3/D4) A1/C4 B1/D3 B4/C2 A4/D2 C1/B3 D1/A3
R3 BP-1 BP-2 SM-3 SM-4 SM-5 SM-6 CG-7 CG-8
Player A3/C4(A3/D2) B4/D2(B4/C4) A4/C1 A2/B3 B1/D4 C3/D1 A1/B2 C2/D3
R4 BP-1 BP-2 SM-3 SM-4 SM-5 SM-6 CG-7 CG-8
Player A4/D3(A4/C2) C2/B3(B3/D3) B2/C4 C1/D4 A1/D1 A3/B4 A2/C3 B1/D2
BP; Border Patrol. SM; Standard Mission. CG; Combined Game. -1/2/3 etc; Table No.
So, you fought hard and earned lots of campaign points….. what can you do with them? Obviously the best bet is to buy territory for your team, as that what determines who wins the campaign, but there are other options too…. After each round the teams can decide what they want to do, either buy up territory, horde them or assign them out to the players for other uses….
Round 1 and 2 territory; 1 campaign point (cp)
Round 3 territories; 2cp
Round 4 territories; 3cp
All territory bought is kept secret, so that the other teams have no idea how much you have……
Cunning; modify choose a mission roll by +/- 1, 1cp
Comms; +1 to a deep strike or escalation roll, 1cp
Dumb Luck; re-roll a single dice (can be used at any time), 1cp
Iron Will; re-roll a LD test, 1cp
Shadows…?; unit can have any successful night-fighting spot roll re-rolled, 1cp
Hippies; unit gains +1 to cover saves for one turn, 1cp
Steel Nerves; automatically pass LD test (declared before roll is made), 2cp
Rage; one charging unit gains Furious Assault for that charge, 2cp
Momma’s Special; one unit gains Tank Hunter for one shooting phase, 2cp
Master of Battles; choose the mission played, 3cp
Divine Favour; ignore a single wound, of any type, 3cp
Assassinate; choose one unit in opponents army, rolls to hit against this unit (shooting and assault) can be re-rolled, 4cp
True Faith; for one turn, any unit makes its armour saves invulnerable, 4cp
Native Spy; you can gain knowledge of the all the other teams territories, 4cp
Obviously CP’s are very important. You must write down how many CP’s you have before a game, and record their use. Each team must be able to explain what has happened to each and every CP their team earns and spends.
At the start of the campaign, each team will have a small stock pile of CP to use. Each team starts the campaign with 12 CP’s, to use as they see fit.
To win the campaign, all you need to do is have bought the most territory. The team that has, wins the campaign. This will hopefully bring up some difficult choices, buy territory or use the points to help win the games. As the campaign moves through the rounds, territory gets more expensive, saving your points till the end… pointless. May the gods of fate bring you luck and your foe misery.
‘the long night of Bilbious IV is murder to every creature, days are pointless to count, time has no meaning, and dreams are all nightmares. The only hope is to survive, and to do that you need land. Only those who can control and hold land will make it, all others will fade away…..’