Wanted : Weekend 40k Club in Cheshire, UK - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming Clubs Advertise your Wargames Club or Gaming group here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-11-13, 01:13 PM

koppo's Flag is: England

Yep, Callands to be precise (Near the Ikea).

When i do go to a club (which is nowhere near as often as I'd like) I go to the Northern Warlords on a Tuesday (they meet every week now), but I've not been for something like three months.

Your mother cooks socks in Hull!!
If somthing is worth doing, it's worth taking too far, "We set our motley puppets on the clouds and call them gods...","Ah! Now we see the violence inherent in the system!" "Come see the violence inherent in the system!" "HELP HELP! I AM BEING REPRESSED!"

"Quick! Poke it up her "wrongun" before it's to late!" Jezlad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-13-13, 04:29 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppo View Post
Yep, Callands to be precise (Near the Ikea).

When i do go to a club (which is nowhere near as often as I'd like) I go to the Northern Warlords on a Tuesday (they meet every week now), but I've not been for something like three months.
I've been in Penketh for the past ten years, although I was in Old Hall before that
If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

Did you ever go to the club at the scout hut in Penketh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.

"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-13-13, 08:40 PM

Don't mind at all, I'm in my early 30's.

I never went to the scout hut club.

To be honest a weekend club in Warrington would suit me down to the ground. The problem I have is that I work long hours in Liverpool and have a dog to walk so my week day evenings are a little too crowded.

By the way the Northen Warlord have a forum and such, the blog is here...http://northernwarlords.co.uk/

I'm the 2nd chap from the right.

If somthing is worth doing, it's worth taking too far, "We set our motley puppets on the clouds and call them gods...","Ah! Now we see the violence inherent in the system!" "Come see the violence inherent in the system!" "HELP HELP! I AM BEING REPRESSED!"

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-13-13, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppo View Post
Don't mind at all, I'm in my early 30's.

I never went to the scout hut club.

To be honest a weekend club in Warrington would suit me down to the ground. The problem I have is that I work long hours in Liverpool and have a dog to walk so my week day evenings are a little too crowded.

By the way the Northen Warlord have a forum and such, the blog is here...http://northernwarlords.co.uk/

I'm the 2nd chap from the right.
I'm 31 myself
So you'll know Tom then?

Quote:
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.

post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-13-13, 10:24 PM

I'm amazingly bad with names, but yes, I believe I know Tom.

I wonder if there enough people in the area to set up weekend meet of the club?

post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-14-13, 01:34 PM

Possibly, there's me and two others to start with

I've got a lot of work to do on my army projects atm and it's been that long since I gamed you could probably class me as a noob

Quote:

post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-22-13, 11:56 AM

Rob Highlighted this thread to me a while ago so sorry it has taken me a while to reply.

The club is open every Tuesday from 7 and usually closes somewhere between 10:30 and 11:00. Late games are not a problem but to save a wasted journey you might be best sorting them out in advance. We have gamers of all different types of levels so people just coming into the game or even getting back into it after a long period away are more than welcome. If you are able to make it down your first time is free and then its £2.50 every visit but you don't pay if you don't play.

We could only really run games on weekends if we had enough of an uptake as we need to cover room costs. If you can generate some interest from other club members or maybe other gamers we can sort out the room booking.

Tawa - Tom is still around when he can fit it in with work. There are 1 or 2 people from the club that was at the scout hut but not many (Pete and Maybe Sai). If you can remember what the club was like back then i think you will find that there has been a lot of changes over the past few years.

Also just to add i live in Great Sankey.

Last edited by Stucorb; 10-22-13 at 11:59 AM.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-22-13, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
um...yup

Northern Warlords are in penketh

Wargame Tournaments Website lists alot of tournaments and warrington is on there with both singles and doubles

Tournament wise we try to run 1 or 2 small tournaments a year as well as our large GT event which is every September. We will hopefully be announcing next years event either late December or early January. Information can usually be found on our forum first and then on TWF although i will now start adding it on here as well.
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-22-13, 12:13 PM

Just realised, I've not actually seen Tom in person for over a year

Quote:

post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-22-13, 01:31 PM

Tom turns up whenever work permits which at the moment isn't too often (Although i have to admit my attendance is dropping off for a while due to real life as well).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Wargaming Clubs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode