Gaming clubs Suffolk - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming Clubs Advertise your Wargames Club or Gaming group here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-04-08, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
The voices told me to....

Hudson's Flag is: England

Default Gaming clubs Suffolk

any gaming clubs in suffolk? I Live near Lowestoft -out in the sticks!- and gaming clubs seem to be hard to find!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-04-08, 01:59 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Actually, I'd like to know too. Ipswich has nothing that I'm aware of

post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-04-08, 06:48 PM
Darth Druchii

Druchii in Space's Flag is: Wales

I'm much in the same boat, In Rendlesham, which is about 10mins from Woodbridge.

Sadly it seems all the what I'd consider 'proper' clubs are further out, there are one or two in Beccles but that is too far north for me, and the other GCN club in Suffolk is west of Ipswich by a fair distance. I know theres a Vet night at GW Ipswich, but its still got all the associated stigma of being a GW store, so not everyones cup of tea, and I can't get there anyways.

Real problem being in a place like this and not having your own transport.

My only saving grace is my wife plays and I've found one guy in the village my sort of age (early 30's) who plays, but its only once every couple of months.

Come and join us by the fire, to chat about the games that matter to you at the Roleplay Games Forum
---------------
"I feel I was denied. Critical, need to Know information!"
post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-04-08, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

Yeah i've tried to contact the beccles ones but get no reply, probably my own fault sent out adverts for my warhammer store last week so they more than likely think i'm just trying to sell them something. GRR can't a guy have more than one objective!

post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-04-08, 07:32 PM
Darth Druchii

Aye thinking about it I think its one GCN club in Beccles but two gaming stores, not sure if either store has something to do with the club though.

As to your store, do you have a shopfront?

The reason I ask is my mate was round for one of bi monthly games a couple of weeks back and he mentioned a store that was discounting GW stuff in Lowestoft and was suggesting I go with him sometime to have a look. I think he mentioned it had a gaming table as well,is that anything to do with you?

Apologies if it isn't, oh and I'm not 100% on the gaming table, my memory is hazy at the best of times.

Come and join us by the fire, to chat about the games that matter to you at the Roleplay Games Forum
---------------
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-04-08, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Nope not me I am in lowestoft and do discount prices (around 25% off!) but my store is online only (cant afford the bricks and mortor these days!).
hmm competition eh?
But no i've only just started my estore and only sent emails out last week so someone is by the sound of it beating me to the posts. However if you ever are in the lowestoft area check out my website first and see if there's anything on there you want and that way postage is not needed!

post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-04-08, 08:07 PM
Darth Druchii

Actually no your fine.. my brain melted, the dangers of posting on the fly while at work... hehe.. Lowestoft is east coast.. I just realized he was talking about Felixstowe.. my apologies for confusing you.

Oh and aye, certainly pm my your estore details, I was planning to go to Lowestoft sometime during the summer.

---------------
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-20-08, 11:58 AM

artemic's Flag is: United Kingdom

Heya, As it turns out I live in lowestoft suffolk too! I tried to turn up to the GCN club in Beccles the other week at the time they gamed according to their website. But unfortunately the hall where it says that they play was filled with people for a dancing class!

The nearest club ive found is in Norwich, which is a bit of a trek. Id be more than happy to meet up sometime for a few games though.
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-27-08, 01:55 AM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

MIGHT be getting something sorted for playing in Ipswich at some point over the next few months. No promises though, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-12-08, 07:18 AM

Hi, We have a member that travels in from Ipswich who comes to our club on a friday night at www.4tk.co.uk, I know it is about a 20 mile journey buut you might be bale to jump in the same car or something, if not have a look at the site for directions, New members welcome as we have about 12 tables for warmachine,flames of war 40k and are getting new scenery as well on 19th July to replace the old scenery we had.

www.4tk.co.uk The 4tk (For the Knowledge) Gaming site is dedicated to enhancing the gaming experience of Warhammer 40K, although throughout the site you will find other items, references & techniques that can be used adapted to any type of Table top games. The 4Tk (for the knowledge) Gaming site main purpose is in demonstrating how flexible Warhammer 40K can be & with a little knowledge your gaming experience can be even better.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Wargaming Clubs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode