Gaming clubs Suffolk - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming Clubs Advertise your Wargames Club or Gaming group here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-31-08, 08:59 PM

solitaire's Flag is: England

I live in Norwich and the GW shop there is pretty good. If any of you are ever near or around the area then perhaps we could have a game at the store or something. . .

"Playing Warhammer is just like making love. It's usually done on a table and afterwards you always feel great shame. Plus like most fun things the older you get the less fun it becomes. So remember, always wear a condom while playing Warhammer - I've got mine on now."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-01-08, 03:51 PM
itsonlyme's Flag is: United Kingdom

would love to mate just a case of actually getting the time off work to get up that way in the first place Lived in Norwish for abit (worked in topman), for some reason never went into the store (didnt stay in norwich for long).
post #33 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-02-08, 11:31 AM

bishop5's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsonlyme View Post
oh ok cool mate, atleast you have a fair amount of stuff then you guys been playing long?
Been playing GW titles for most of my life; including the interactive adventure books that came out before warhammer. 40K is my love tho and we've been together since 2nd edition, taking a break for university. Now working hard full-time and enjoying spending my money / time on 40K.

How long have you been playing? Also, are you going to show us up by having a fully painted army? Due to the constraints placed upon my person by work, and being a lazy bastard, i've only fully finished one army (Necron - gotta love drybrushing) with several still very WIP.

Tactica: Infantry Platoons
Quote:
Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch.
Orson Welles
Forum Rules
post #34 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-02-08, 10:25 PM

been playing around 15 years myself started with 2nd ed 40k myself actually, not been so keen on 40k since 3rd (however as with 4th ed i will try 5th ed). Well if i bring my chaos warriors then yeah you can see a fully painted army (well bar the marauder horsemen which i cant be arsed to paint since the models arnt half as nice as the new ones).

Well i understand the restraints of work, i think since i bought my DE a month ago i have two half painted models (work 40-70hrs a week) and like yourself im a lazy bastard The only real reason i have a fully painted chaos army is because i went to the GT and had about 3 months unemployed when i moved back to ipswich and stayed with my gran for abit(had nothing else to do).

I dont ever think my marines will ever get painted, it was hard enough painting my chaos warriors (far nicer models), arg, bloody painting, its like a fulltime job!
post #35 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-10-08, 08:12 AM
Drachaos's Flag is: England

The Verdict!

Meet up with Itsonlyme, was ace. Great bloke and like minded. Worth a decent battle against even if your a beginner say on fantasy! Really made me think about my army choices again lol.

Fantastic looking army to say the least aswell, full 2000 points of khornate warriors is a sight to behold!

None the less looking forward to the 40k game next ;)

Next stop! GAMES DAY 08! Let me know if your going from the suffolk area and we can organise a meet up and a chinwag.
post #36 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-10-08, 08:05 PM

hey cheers man well im painting the marines atm so you might even see a fully painted marine army had a good time, just a shame i had work at 7am
post #37 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-13-08, 12:00 PM

bishop5's Flag is: United Kingdom

You left your tape-measure ;)

Come round for a game of 40K some time? I don't mind lending models for proxying, etc. Although i'm planning on painting my Deathwing in the next few weeks (still need to buy another 11 Terminators and a Venerable Dreadnought for a full army)

Tactica: Infantry Platoons
Quote:
Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch.
Orson Welles
Forum Rules
post #38 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-13-08, 04:00 PM

Yeah i thought i had, well then i will certainly be round for a game sometime, bought black reach yesterday so i might actually know the rules! (always a bonus ) I should be cool for models

I can do..

Thursday or saturday night, if you want just give us a call and we can arrange something

BTW, do you have a spare assault cannon arm?
post #39 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-14-08, 03:59 PM
Cambria's Flag is: Great Britain

Hi All,

I've just become a Heretic after coming across this thread. I recently moved back to Suffolk (I'm now living in Rendlesham near Woodbridge) & would like to try a game (I'm brand new to 40K & have only played with my son so far). I'll be keeping an eye on whether you get something regular set up.

Regards,
Richard
post #40 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-14-08, 07:59 PM

well if you want games of 40k or fanatsy just send me a message and i can pass you a phone number, i have a 8x4 modular board which i just setup in the front room.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Wargaming Clubs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode