40k clubs in tewkesbury, cheltenham and Gloucester areas - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming Clubs Advertise your Wargames Club or Gaming group here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-12, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

the-ad-man's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default 40k clubs in tewkesbury, cheltenham and Gloucester areas

so, as the title says, in a few months time, i may have to move back to tewkesbury and get me a new 40k club.

so any of you guys know of any decent clubs in these areas? i'd prefer one that has a painting area too (i paint much more than i game at the moment)

if there are a few, i'll probably go to all of them for a couple of weeks.

cheers for any help :D

Ive started to update this project loge again, you should all check it out. it has some stupid things on it, and some fun things on it haha

Order of the Crimson Dawn (Rogue trader pirates, using Coteaz henchmen spam rules)

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=96746
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-12, 12:33 PM

infernalcaretaker's Flag is: England

The Gloucestershire Games Bunker

Facebook Group

Run by a friend of mine Chris Averiss - give him a shout!

~Thou Shalt Not Install A Fridge In Thy Rhino To 'Cool Down' Thy Plasma Guns~

Clan Draythar - An Iron Hands Project Log

PDC Gaming Webstore Now OPEN!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-12, 01:55 PM

Turnip86's Flag is: England

Moving back to flood central of the UK? good luck

As for clubs there's quite a few in the area. Cheltenham has 2 big clubs from what I remember and there's a club in Evesham (well, just outside) too that meet every other Sunday. There's also late night gaming on Thursday at total wargamer just outside Evesham and they run a lot of events there too - those are the ones I can remember. Any others would probably be too far out of your way such as Redditch, Worcester and Stratford.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-12, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

the-ad-man's Flag is: United Kingdom

cheers guys, ah yeah, i remember the cheltenham warchiefs now.

you wouldnt happen to remember the name of the other clubs?

Ive started to update this project loge again, you should all check it out. it has some stupid things on it, and some fun things on it haha

Order of the Crimson Dawn (Rogue trader pirates, using Coteaz henchmen spam rules)

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=96746
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-12, 06:56 PM

http://wargamers.worcester-county.org/ is the evesham club - used to be called Evesham Wargamers until recently

There's Cheltenham Warchiefs and the Cheltenham Wargames Association, the latter is more of a historical club if memory serves with the Warchiefs being a bit of everything.

As for total wargamer, they're located in Blackminster just outside Evesham and have loads of gaming tables with scenery to fill them all, a chillout area and painting areas. Most of the clubs within 20 miles or so use it as their local so I'm sure you'll end up down there at some point plus I'll probably be setting up 40k tournaments every time I'm back in the UK so get yourself acquainted with the place and sign up for the next one ;)
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-12, 08:07 PM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnip86 View Post
Any others would probably be too far out of your way such as Redditch, Worcester and Stratford.
Worcester doesn't have a gaming group: my friends keep trying to start one but it never quite happens... I'm not sure about a club in redditch, if there was one I might be interested in knowing more. As it is I head up to Rubery to the club there... but I've only been a few times and am struggling to bother to make the effort- I used to play at GW worcs a lot, especially on games night, but games night has been killed and I work away from home... leaving the weekend, when I'm, normally knackered.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-12, 08:27 PM

http://forum.redwarsoc.com/ that's the redditch site - from the guys I've met from there they seems pretty big on Malifaux at the moment and a few getting into Dystopian Wars (which is awesome by the way - simple, quick and fun) but they do quite a bit of GW games too.

Last edited by Turnip86; 05-21-12 at 08:37 PM.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-12, 09:31 PM
WFB Moderator

Damn, that sounds just about perfect... except I'm almost never at home on a tuesday. Feck ...

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-12, 09:30 PM

Hey Tim/Steve! I remeber you from GW Worcester. My names Ben Walker used to be known some times as 'baby ben'. I came down with Luke Price. Dunno if you remember us. Its sad whats happened to GW Worcester to be honest. I'm getting back into the hobby after a while and going back here to find no gaming night and the downstairs gaming room closed is really disheartening. Let me know if you find a decent gaming club in Worcester, because me and Luke would definitely be up for joining, or even trying to make one if it comes to that.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-12, 06:27 PM
WFB Moderator

Heya Baby Ben, sure I remember you and Luke: it was Lian who was planning on starting a club out on Bath road; think the idea died but it may be worthwhile you talking to him.
Alternately Norman opened a club at Manaleak on a Wednesday evening with Simon, Nagle, Jingles and a few other regulars... it is a bit anti-GW but I used top get the occasional game down there (but new job has stopped me going for the last few months)- I can add you to the FB page if you're interested.

Personally I'm getting into a club in Rubery (edge of Brum) on Sundays with Jon-Jo but I'm guessing that's much too far for you to go.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Wargaming Clubs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode