WoW goes Pokemon - Page 7 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-27-11, 04:54 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

I don't know what you were looking at, but Diablo III looks amazing. Also, rumour is that Warcraft 4 is planned at the very least. I was also very critical of SC2's issues at launch, but can now say that it's shaping up to be an excellent game. The single player might be okay, I don't know. As far as I'm concerned, though, SC2 is a purely multiplayer game.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-27-11, 08:02 PM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
I don't know what you were looking at, but Diablo III looks amazing. Also, rumour is that Warcraft 4 is planned at the very least. I was also very critical of SC2's issues at launch, but can now say that it's shaping up to be an excellent game. The single player might be okay, I don't know. As far as I'm concerned, though, SC2 is a purely multiplayer game.
I have to agree with warlokked on D3 actually looking to be a good game.

this is in part why I think WoW is going to bomb so badly, because for a full retail price game, why would you give it away for free with the purchace of 12 months of your mmo, when practically EVERYONE would be willing to pay for it, if your not planning on losing alot more money from your MMO?

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
post #63 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-27-11, 08:13 PM

Lubacca's Flag is: USA

Blizzard has always been intelligent with how they promote their stuff and how they give stuff away.

They know that people have been waiting for Diablo III for a long time now and the fact that many of the people waiting for D3 are WoW players makes it a smart move to say, "Hey commit to WoW for a full year and we'll GIVE you D3!" because regardless of wether or not those players come back to WoW, ever, they will get that monthly subscription payment regardless.

I KNOW that WoW is on it's way out. The devs said at the last Blizz that they saw a few more expansions in WoW...MAYBE and then the lifespan would be over. And we know they're working on a new MMO.

So, really SWMMO coming out maybe great for the community. Either people will have something to hold them over until the 'next big thing' or they'll try the new MMO, find it to not be what they were hoping and return to WoW once again. It's a cycle that's happened for years and as others here have stated: Until something comes around to knock the king from his throne, it won't change
post #64 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-27-11, 08:20 PM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubacca View Post
Blizzard has always been intelligent with how they promote their stuff and how they give stuff away.

They know that people have been waiting for Diablo III for a long time now and the fact that many of the people waiting for D3 are WoW players makes it a smart move to say, "Hey commit to WoW for a full year and we'll GIVE you D3!" because regardless of wether or not those players come back to WoW, ever, they will get that monthly subscription payment regardless.

I KNOW that WoW is on it's way out. The devs said at the last Blizz that they saw a few more expansions in WoW...MAYBE and then the lifespan would be over. And we know they're working on a new MMO.

So, really SWMMO coming out maybe great for the community. Either people will have something to hold them over until the 'next big thing' or they'll try the new MMO, find it to not be what they were hoping and return to WoW once again. It's a cycle that's happened for years and as others here have stated: Until something comes around to knock the king from his throne, it won't change
to be honest, dude, unless the person is playing WoW, they probably wont take blizz up on that offer, as 60 dollars for D3 vs 140 dollars for 12 month Sub.

The ideal thought process here is that D3 is popular enough to sway people to stay with WoW over SWTOR, which in theroy could work, but I doubt it will work for a great many people who are not staying for the 12 months anyway.

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
post #65 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-28-11, 09:56 AM

Roninman's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhainiteAssassin View Post
blah blah blah, GW2 this, GW2 that, seriously, GW2 means nothing in this kind of conversation as its not based upon subscriptions, and like its predecessor, I think I can safely say that it will be lacking the objects in which the subscription pays for, IE: heavy content updates, balance patches, customer support.
People on different MMO forums alone which i have visited almost past 10 years, rank GW2 over SWTOR right now. SWTOR held spot as most awaited list, until last videos of gameplay of both games. People are more interested in actual mechanics and many thought SWTOR would make someting new. Its still can be very good game, but so will GW2 be. And dont say GW1 didnt have any of those things, you clearly not played it enough. GW1 had more balance patches 10*times that WoW ever had, since its arena style PvP wiped floor with WoW. And makers didnt even category GW1 as full blown MMO game. Its sequel will be.

SWTOR will have an impact on its playerbase and further more when GW2 gets out. But you cant say WoW is dieing just because it still has huge amount of players. Year from now things can look totally different but as of now, its still there.
post #66 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-28-11, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

From my experience Guild Wars doesn't have a prolonged experience, not something you can continue playing and tbh if its closed world like the original guild wars, it won't be very exciting.
post #67 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-28-11, 11:23 AM

Roninman's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
From my experience Guild Wars doesn't have a prolonged experience, not something you can continue playing and tbh if its closed world like the original guild wars, it won't be very exciting.
You should read more and check previews. Its totally different on this aspect and now it will be considered 100% MMO and still will be free. Thats why its no.1 on awaited lists and those videos from last 2 years conventions show it.
post #68 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-28-11, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

I was just saying from my experience having played guild wars 1. If it's changed then great I look forward to giving it a go.
post #69 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-28-11, 11:47 AM

TheSpore's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
Im not saying D3 wont be any good, but all Ive seen so far about is a money making scheme, for one you will have to be online just to play a single player campaign, thats complete BS, and 2 now they are attempting to sell in game shit for real cash.

The DLC thing is making companies lazy and its becoming a money making scheme. Now developers can easily release some shovel ware 50 to 60 bucks and then patch it up later, after that they put things that are already in the disc and just sell that shit to you later by putting out a patch to just unlock the content. Its ruining the gaming industry about as bad as online gaming.

post #70 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-28-11, 03:56 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpore View Post
Im not saying D3 wont be any good, but all Ive seen so far about is a money making scheme, for one you will have to be online just to play a single player campaign, thats complete BS, and 2 now they are attempting to sell in game shit for real cash.
The first matter is no problem whatsoever. All four people who actually played Diablo single player will be outraged, I'm sure, but as they weren't playing the good version of the game nothing of value is really lost here.

As for your second point, I'm assuming you're talking despite doing no research or actually knowing what you're saying. Don't worry, though, for this is the internet and such attitudes are common. You're in good com-Well, you're in company, at least.

Blizzard are not selling items at all through Diablo's new system. PLAYERS are.
You may want to think about that for one moment.
Diablo 2 had a massive loot table, all randomized on a drop. As such, many people will have to spend a LOT of time to find the item they need to complete a certain build or set. Diablo 3 has been confirmed to have more items than the predecessor by a large margin. That means even more time spent.
Back in the days of Diablo 2, if people didn't want to spend all this time farming in the hope of a random drop giving them what they needed, they could go onto certain websites and simply buy the item they wanted for a small amount of money. Was this condoned by Blizzard? No. But they couldn't stop it, so it continued and players were at risk of being scammed or ripped off with real money. I never did it as I was never all that seriously into the game, but some people clearly didn't want to spend time farming up 'good enough' items when they could pay a small amount for something that would sort them better. Just think of it like Valve's TF2 Mann-Co store.

With the new game, Blizzard have decided to incorporate that system directly into the game. Using the in-game auction system, people can now buy items with gold OR real money, depending on how it's listed in game. Every player will get a certain amount of free real-money auction slots per week according to the Blizzcon feature panel, meaning that nobody's missing out, and their system will allow a person to keep money in Diablo to pay auction fees for additional ones, OR drop it out to a Paypal account.

It's not really unfair, either, as everyone has the same odds of any specific item dropping. They're not selling an advantage. They're just allowing people to sell convenience. I can't see myself buying anything with real money, instead sticking with gold, but if I can make a little bit of cash playing a game that I was going to anyway, I can't really complain, can I?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode