BlizzCon - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-21-11, 09:07 PM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

i wont touch that game again with a 100 ft pole, even if it gave me a free game.

140 for the 12 months, 60 for the practically required expansion = 200 dollars for a free D3.

they know they are going to lose alot of subs come Dec 20th and are panicing to try and save some cash.

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-21-11, 09:30 PM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

to add: really blizzard? stealing force choke?

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-21-11, 09:34 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Problem is it really does look like Kung Fu Panda, the graphics are the same, even the music is similar it really looks stupid.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-22-11, 12:24 AM

Lubacca's Flag is: USA

So are we saying that Blizzard jumped the shark finally with WoW?
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-22-11, 06:26 AM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Fuck World of Pandas. There are actual good games to look at.

For instance, Diablo 3.

Not entirely sure how I feel about the Starcraft changes. If the Thor is becoming a unique unit as is suggested, I can live with that to say the least. Single player only would be far, far better though.

-The Warhound sounds quite Goliath-esque. This isn't a bad thing, but it definitely needs to be MUCH weaker than the frankly ridiculous Thor. Being cheaper to balance this should make everything even, though I don't doubt the facerolling Terran masses will cry as soon as they lose their advantages.
-The Battle mode for the Hellion...Okay, it turns it into a Firebat. Nice. Hopefully, this is balanced properly. That is to say, the transform mode is researched and the Hellion as a unit finally costs gas. As it stands, no other race can project such strength from the early game into the late game with zero concessions made earlier on in the match, against Zerg especially.
-The Shredder turret intrigues me, but I don't see why it's really needed or where it fits from a gameplay or balance perspective when Terrans already have bunkers for area denial. And let's face it, bunkers are so iconic to Terran gameplay they couldn't possibly be removed.

All that said, I'm not exactly knowledgeable about Terran from the player's standpoint. I know how to counter them, but that's it.

The Zerg are looking to get some love to put them on even footing with both Protoss and Terran in the late game, which is nice for the bug lovers.

-The Viper seems interesting. The ability to pull massive units is hopefully only in the early builds and will be removed ASAP, and/or the range should be made ridiculously reduced. Ideally, the Viper should be ridiculously low on the health/defence side of things if this is the kind of shit it can pull. The giving detection to a unit doesn't exactly fly with me, though. Not entirely sure how I feel from a competitive standpoint about how it's been portrayed so far. If it's permanent as is rumoured, that is potentially gamebreaking unless only certain units can have this applied to them. Queens getting such an ability would be horrible and take away a vulnerability they really do need. The CC potential could be hilarious against mass marine armies though.
-The Swarm Host looks like it might be a laugh, too, but at present I can't see anyone shelling out a large cost for what it does at present when a couple of roaches will almost certainly be MUCH cheaper, more mobile and probably more survivable (Going by the stats currently on the Team Liquid detail thread).
I can, however, live with moveable burrowed banelings at last quite happily. Fix Hydras and we may be onto a winner here. Zerg really DO need some love, but balance should come a million times before favouring them in any way because it's 'their expansion'. If you think otherwise, fuck you and everything you stand for. You're wrong. That's not how multiplayer works.

The Protoss. Oh god, the Protoss. Where do I start?

-Firstly, apparently Carriers have been removed. This is interesting, as I am primarily a Protoss player and I didn't even know carriers were in the game. I mean, there were carrier shaped mineral sinks that took over a bit of your supply while being fucking useless, but never an actual Carrier. Seriously, though. Even if they were utter shit (Which they are/were in SC2), they're one of Protoss' hallmark units. I don't know how I feel about them being removed for that aspect alone.
-The Mothership removal I can kind of comprehend, but at the same time not really understand. I mean, for a long time they were horribly underused as they were frankly useless. The recent patch fixed them to make them not even viable, but so, so usable. They're still pretty useless as an attacking unit, but as a top tier game-changer, they've recently been proven to be one of the best high-risk clutch plays available if you have the skill and foresight to use them (See: IPL3 Kiwikaki vs Stephano). So that's kind of bittersweet.
-The Oracle looks brilliant. As it stands, Protoss have a real problem with harassment and utility options. Being able to hit Terran's supply lines especially is massive in this regard, being the long-since-needed hard counter to Mules, and takes away a small amount of the edge of having to probably lose a large cost's worth per-unit compared to other races in the all-important economic harassment side of things. Not that I'm complaining or anything. I mean, it's not like Protoss have it hard as soon as the ball gets rolling, but it would be nice to have some mobile utility.
-The Tempest looks like the counter to Mutas and Viking clouds. Enough said on this matter. Seeing as things seem to be getting much more 'Brood War'y in this expansion, the new Protoss Capital Ship is basically going to have to be Jesus in unit form to step into the shoes of the Brood War carrier. (Yes, I like Carriers in Brood War)
-The Replicant...This kind of depresses me in a way. Yes, it's cool that you can make a fully functional clone of a unit in a fair range, but it seems to be a sad state of affairs when the answer to 'make Protoss viable again as a whole!' seems to be 'Let them make the units that the other races have'. Will it be fun? No doubt. Not so sure I can see so much practical use out of 'for a laugh' though in most situations.
-On the upside, the Nexus now gets more abilities, such as the Mothership's Mass Recall. This is frankly brilliant news, as that ability is the most often used of the mothership's, and it gives a race usually somewhat limited in mobility much more defensibility. It also opens the route to some VERY potentially entertaining proxy Nexus situations. ;)

So that's my take on what's known so far. Yes, it's all based on incomplete and early information, and geared completely towards balance and competitive/high level multiplayer, but let's face it. Starcraft is one of the things that doesn't deserve and frankly can't afford to be dumbed down and made into a brainless faceroll of a game, and giving any race too much gameplay advantage is a surefire way to instantly destroy the competitive scene. And yes, there is more Protoss detail than anything else, but they're my main race so they're what I know best and have the clearest eyes for.

Last edited by WoRLoKKeD; 10-22-11 at 07:17 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode