Skyrim, getting closer every day. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-11-11, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Machiavellismx's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Skyrim, getting closer every day.

So who else, like me, is incredibly excited for Skyrim?!

Call me a huge nerd. Viking wannabe. Fanboy. These names are water off my duck-like back, if it was duck-like and your insults were water. Point is, i don't care, I'm so excited. Back on track: I've already been thinking about my character. As the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves guilds are confirmed, as are vampires, I think I'm going to take my Oblivion style character and play a similar role. Dark Elf, blade, bow, poisons and destruction magic, and play stealthily / murderously.

So have you guys given any thought to what you wanna play as? or what you're most looking forward to?

Some of the things that most stood out for me was - the new level up system, how it looks to the stars and you use them to guide your path. Thats a great idea, as the sky in Oblivion was incredible, and the star signs and stones were cool, but this makes a much better use. Secondly, the map is 3D now, that looks beautiful. As does the landscape and cities. The water flows, the mountains and forests look almost real. One thing I did read in a preview was how a guy killed a bandit then pushed his body into a river, and followed it for ages, until it went off a waterfall. The developer said he could've followed it much longer to, and it wouldnt just vanish. That sort of physics sounds awesome. Other things, dual wielding spells and weapons, each dungeon is unique, and improved cities. I'm hyped for it all.

Let the Skyrim discussion commence!

Ps, though I wish to play a Dark Elf, I'm so tempted to play a Nord with a huge freakin' axe and smash everything, that was a lot of fun in Oblivion. Space Wolf style.

My sons, the galaxy is burning.
We all bear witness to a final truth - our way is not the way of the Imperium
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-11-11, 01:14 PM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

Can't wait!
post #3 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-11-11, 02:33 PM
ChaosRedCorsairLord's Flag is: Australia

I'm pretty sure the deepest pit of hell is essentially the same as life on Earth, except Skyrim's release keeps getting delayed... Forever.
post #4 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-11-11, 03:13 PM

Durant's Flag is: United Kingdom

Someone once mentioned Oblivion to me during conversation in passing, and after enquiring as to what it was, becoming increasingly interested, I went out and bought it... and NEVER looked back!

So upon release Skyrim is essentially going to be my new whore, Oblivion used and thoroughly abused will be cast to one side never to be touched again...

I have actually taken the release week off work as I know I will be up till silly hours playing it through, realising mistakes, starting again and re rolling etc, days of fun (not hours, days)

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it" - Erwin Rommel
post #5 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-11-11, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Haha, that's what I did! I'd play a couple hours of Oblivion and start again just to change something. I might have to call ill into uni for a couple of days, I might go for the Midnight release.

post #6 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-11-11, 07:51 PM
Fantasy Rumors

revilo44's Flag is: United Kingdom

im really excited about this game,im so excited in fact that i preordered it and i never done it before

Sanity is for the weak

check out what im working on http://instagram.com/revilo444
post #7 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-11-11, 09:55 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

It'll be good when it's playable. Don't forget that this is a Bethesda game, and as such will be borderline unrunnable until the modding community get to grips with it.

I mean, the console versions will probably be stable-ish on release, but if you've only ever played an Elder Scrolls game on a console you've not seen how terrible they are compared to how the community can fix them and make them better than Beth could ever dream of.

post #8 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-12-11, 12:08 AM

Dawnstar's Flag is: New Zealand

My life ends when this game releases, as in I will probably clock about ~200 hours without stopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
Mate, bacon can do anything.
post #9 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-12-11, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
It'll be good when it's playable. Don't forget that this is a Bethesda game, and as such will be borderline unrunnable until the modding community get to grips with it.

I mean, the console versions will probably be stable-ish on release, but if you've only ever played an Elder Scrolls game on a console you've not seen how terrible they are compared to how the community can fix them and make them better than Beth could ever dream of.
I had oblivion on PC, and luckily whenever it bug-broke, I could fix it. The console version does worry me, as I recently had Oblivion and it pissed me off when two separate quests totally bugged,

Just have to hope Skyrims polished, and there's no stupid obvious bugs. But there is always is in games that huge. Time will tell, but following on from Fallout, they were fairly well polished without any real game-breaking bugs, or if there was they were rare as I didn't hear about any.

post #10 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-12-11, 12:56 AM
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

I can't wait. TES is my favorite series in any media in the history of the ages of man, and I'm simply giddy every time a new one comes out. But THIS time will be special for me, as they're doing Skyrim, which is pretty much like home for me (I'm a Nord IRL :D )

Anywho, what I am really looking forward to is the weather system, they promised it would be dynamic and there would be some coming and going to the snow, and I CAN'T WAIT to see if they can pull off a real-like snow storm.

Plus, now, whenever someone not from the North asks me what the Northern Lights are like, I can just say "buy Skyrim and see for yourself" :D

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode