Skyrim, getting closer every day. - Page 9 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-08-11, 10:06 AM
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Spikey View Post
Levelling quickly?

Smithing- Create Iron Daggers, only requires 1 Iron Ingot & 1 Leather Strip- I had my smithing at 100 before i was even Lvl15.

I dont even know how you could do this game in 20hrs, I've spent well over 140hrs split between 2 characters and I've still barely started the main story line.

Marathon training non-combat skills is a stupid idea.

And to Khainite: Yes, the 360 has the same problems as the PS3, but the PS3 starts feeling them at 60 hours, and the Xbox 360 at 90 hours in. A PC meeting the minimum spec will probably never feel it because the game eventually clears dummy headers from the save games when you've rested/waited in one place long enough.

You can clear up some lag doing this, waiting inside for 3 days, although it will be a temporary solution.

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-08-11, 10:48 AM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

you do know you can clear the ram cache of both the PS3 and 360 to clear up those issues right? but the problem is fully that the game is not designed to be limited to 2 GB of ram, but for some reason, it is.

and for the record, aslong as you dont go wtf stupid and go from like 1-30 without doing any quests just speed leveling with Non combat skills, you wont have much of a problem.

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
post #83 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-08-11, 03:43 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

@ KA - just restarting the console will delete the RAM Cache. Until of course you go through the a different area which will of course trigger the game to access the memory - either to dump the current game info, while attempting to load it.

Despite what many PC players complaining about it being a console port, it's obviously not - the world spaces are much too large. Only when I'm outside are there lag issues. We're fine - last night, tried to complete the First Dragon Priest Quest. Was absolute murder trying to get up to the dungeon, but once I was in there, the only bug was the was the strobe dungeon, but no lag.

And the Daedric Quest "Night to Remember" - I loved that. Hangover much? It was also a major help - I'd focussed on the east, and had a ton of quests in the Far West, and I really cba walking - next thing I know, I wake up as fast west as you can go and within 5 minutes walk of anywhere. Beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #84 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-08-11, 10:01 PM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

Vas, you do know you can take a carrage from any major city to any major city (so markarth) right?

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
post #85 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-09-11, 07:21 AM
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhainiteAssassin View Post
you do know you can clear the ram cache of both the PS3 and 360 to clear up those issues right? but the problem is fully that the game is not designed to be limited to 2 GB of ram, but for some reason, it is..
Khainite, please don't talk about what you obviously don't know about. The lag is linked to the size of the save game, which increases over time as you make more changes in the game world. Everything you touch, kill, steal, loot etc is a line of hash strings in the save game file, and when that save game file hits 12MB, the PS3 croaks. 15-18MB for the Xbox360, unknown for PC (it depends on RAM)

PS3 Has 482MB RAM shared between GPU and system
Xbox360 has 512MB RAM system (GPU has it's own GRAM)
PC, as you know, has 2GB listed as minimum spec, and you can force the game to use 4GB

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo
post #86 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-09-11, 02:00 PM
Vaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhainiteAssassin View Post
Vas, you do know you can take a carrage from any major city to any major city (so markarth) right?
And you do realise that moving from an area simply means a transition from one area to another.

Checked my cousins this morning - he's on a 14K save with 35 hours in, and I had trouble after 20 minutes progressing simply through Morthal to get to the next village.

It gets worse near mountains, snow, water, fog, and trees - of which Skyrim as a whole is full of, significantly worse in certain places - Whiterun is about the only place you can actually survive - but if you just bosh onto the main quest without much recourse to exploring (hence likely upping the game save file quickly) - you've already cleared out Whiterun of most tasks and need to explore otherwise.

Did feel very Matt MCCoughny today. Had a bow with Fire, and was standing on a promontory over at the huge waterfall in the Reach when a Dragon came up, and breathed on me. Took a bead with it, waited for the next pass, and fired did some damage, but not enough, then because I forgot to equip my Fire Immunity Armour, I decided to "fuck it", and jump off with my axe. Needless to say, got swatted out the sky and took a satisfylingly long time to hit the ground.

Quote:
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
post #87 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-09-11, 02:48 PM

TheSpore's Flag is: USA

So this is a bit left field, but I wanna share it with you all anyway.

Often times many never understand how well composed music in videogames is, nor do they ever realize how complex that music is.Check this out!!

post #88 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-09-11, 08:22 PM

Champion Alaric's Flag is: Canada

Vaz said -> Despite what many PC players complaining about it being a console port, it's obviously not

Its a console game. Mebbe not 100 percent but it is. In Daggerfall, you could write on the map, there were alot of skill and you could even write in a journal. you could drag and drop items and the armor had more pieces. THAT made it a PC game. Consoles were still finding their way. Now...well the game looks great and IS great to play. But long gone are the things that PCs could really take advantage of. All PCs have left now are MMOs sadly. I just wish that consoles didnt dictate game design so much...but then we would never get any decent games. Consoles rule the video game world now and PC users have to accept and let go.

OK, stop me if you heard this one..The Emperor, Horus and an Inquistor walk into a bar...
post #89 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-10-11, 12:01 PM

Fire Tempered's Flag is: Serbia

While Skyrim is pretty good game(still Morrowind is best of last 3 installments, havent tried ES1 and 2), interface is so terrible that after first try I was thinking about not playing it anymore. And interface is 100 percent made for consoles. Thankfully, I did continue playing, and spent 100+h on first char.

But interface is really, really bad, they should made separate UI for PC, scrolling through hundreds of items in your chest/inventory is really painful.

I don't agree that more pieces of armour and such things make something PC game, but simplification in newer part of series is apparent. Though I'm still not sure do I like or not removal of attributes in Skyrim. Good thing is that you can raise your magicka a lot more then before, and that you don't need to raise your endurance related skills ASAP in order to maximise your health.

All in all, some things are real improvement, like perks and combat, but as this is fifth installment in the series, they don't seem as big as they could. Skyrim is what Oblivion should be, and we best forget that part of the series.

Last edited by Fire Tempered; 12-10-11 at 12:04 PM.
post #90 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-12-11, 08:58 AM
Vaz

Come and play Skyrim on a console, and tell me it's a console game.

I've had the luxury of playing on both, and aside from odd gimmicks like the drag and drop (which can be easily sorted with a mod), it's a PC game.

The kit is hardly that much. Complete each quest as and when, alch your alchables, smith your smithables, and sell the proceeds to pick up your next level of equipment, go to an enchant table and disenchant to learn the new skills...

I think I've gone over weight only because I loaded up with about 20 Dragon Bones and Scales after going on a run to find the Dragon Altars.

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode