Skyrim, getting closer every day. - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-11-11, 02:11 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Got the game at lunch and have played about an hour on it thus far. Its really damn good so far. Got to share Xbox 360 unfortunately so won't be on it again until later tonight.

Lord of the Night

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-11-11, 02:37 PM

TheSpore's Flag is: USA

I cant wait I get this game tomorrow and Im sure my life will be stolen away for a long time...

post #23 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-13-11, 06:26 AM

Lubacca's Flag is: USA

I just got a copy, played the first bit until I got to the first town.. very good. I am really enjoying it
post #24 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-14-11, 09:21 AM

Durant's Flag is: United Kingdom

My whole weekend, 5pm Friday to almost 11pm Sunday night (would have been later had I not been up early for work) on this game.

AWESOME!

So many moments that are just outstanding.

***SPOILERS***

The cart ride at start
First Time I saw a dragon.
First appraoching Bleak Falls Barrow during a snowstorm and realising the scale.
My first random dragon encounter, it started eating villagers!
Climbing the thousands of steps to the greybeards
Venturing into a cavern system thinking its just mutant goblin things only to end up being chased by a giant dwarven clockwork robocop type thing!

***END SPOILERS***

I have already worked out what character I am going build next and I have only just started the game with my current choice.

11/10 pure class.

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it" - Erwin Rommel
post #25 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-14-11, 09:54 AM

World Eater XII's Flag is: United Kingdom

reading reviews and stuff. Dont think i can wait till xmas for it.....Gears 3 keep me sane

Let the Galaxy Burn.
post #26 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-14-11, 02:26 PM

xNoPityx's Flag is: USA

I was not excited about this game at all, I didn't really like oblivion that much so I didn't care about this. It wasn't even on my list of games to buy this season. Having said that, BUY THIS GAME! Got it for my birthday and I've been playing for three days straight.

post #27 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-14-11, 11:38 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

From the time I got it around 4 p.m. on friday until the time I quit playing it sunday, my entire weekend was playing the game. Though I did take breaks for chores, food, and to use the restroom.

It shows too. I'm already level 20, killed around 15 dragons, one of which just happened to be flying around the Mages College. I was just sprinting past the courtyard and onto the bridge, when I saw a red dot on the compass at the top of the screen. I looked behind me, and what do you know? Theres a dragon trying to barbecue the arch mage. It died easily enough though, since there were a few mages helping me fight it.
Now i've also discovered around 130+ locations, cleared several of those, and have almost completed the main quest line. Also completed the civil war quest. I went with the rebels. Then there were several other miscellaneous and side quests that I completed.

Summary? The game is amazing. Combat system is greatly improved from oblivion. The level up and skill up system is greatly improved. The favorite system is definitely better than the hotkeying system in oblivion. Graphics is self explanatory. Weather system is greatly improved. There are also many other things that have been improved.

Cons i've found are glitches. Mostly minor that do not draw much attention from actual gameplay. Though I have found a few major glitches. Only between 1 and 3 from what i've seen though.

All in all, I love this game. Its my new addiction.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #28 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-15-11, 08:43 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

They're not glitches, mammoths really could climb trees.

I'm loving this game though. It's almost as good as Morrowind. Almost.

post #29 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-15-11, 10:19 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
They're not glitches, mammoths really could climb trees.
Havent seen that one yet. Major one i've found. Killed a dragon and followed the corpse down a steep cliff (i'm good at climbing up and down steep cliffs without dieing. Well, when the corpse finally quit rolling, I didn't get to absorb the dragonsoul. It was a sad day... then I went and killed another one, and got its dragonsoul. It wasn't such a sad day after that

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #30 of 90 (permalink) Old 11-15-11, 11:11 PM
Slave to Heresy!

Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

Something that fucks me off no end.

its blowing a blizzard. The snow is cutting horizontally across the screen from left to right, then some skinny looking guard chap walks past in a tshirt...

Nitpicky I know but it doesn't have the feel of a living breathing world to me.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode