Gentlecolts, Bronies, and pega-sises, I would like to talk about modding - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-03-11, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

VK-Duelist's Flag is: USA

Default Gentlecolts, Bronies, and pega-sises, I would like to talk about modding

Gentlecolts, I've been reading up on game design, reading several articles, and of course, have a passion of gaming. I honestly and without a doubt in my mind, heart, and metaphorical soul, I want to begin the long, hard, and slippery path of game development whether it'll make me even more of a black sheep in my family. Sadly, I have basic programming knowledge in the fields of Python and Visual Basic and have no idea how to begin. I already written down notes about my vision of making a single player survival horror FPS mod on CSS (Counter Strike Source) that combines game play elements of the original Resident Evil (Namely the puzzle parts), lack of ammo (mainly from Dead Space where I developed my love for pimp smacking Necromorphs), and some "old school" FPS staple such as having to hunt for health/ med packs, no regeneration, and of course, ridiculous amount of weapons you can have. I'm also hopeful that I could add in (though this probably will be hard as hell to code) enemies that appear to be part of the background/props but are actually waiting for you to turn around and then attack you. Namely dolls.... Yeah.... I'm going back to the types of enemies from the original Castlevania. (A freaking amazing platformer if you ask me.) Can anyone point me to the direction of a nice guide or something? Namely something on Counter Strike Source?

Of course I know 1 person can't make a mod, well... that's not true but a person at my skill level probably won't be able to handle this, but don't worry. I've met other people who are like minded and willing to collaborate and make a FPS mod together. These people are of course chaps whom I met from my friends who play 40k and proven to me that they are reliable and also interested in the world of game development, namely due to the fact they're planning to get an education in game design in our local college while I'm forced (due to financial and other reasons) to settle going to a different college and learn about IT soon. I've also finished getting used to the level editor for SDK.

Well, for now, here's my progress of finding a team around my area:

- Programming: Me, Mark (A rather plump fellow who is much more better at coding then me and a year younger!)
- Graphics: Jake (A skinny guy that has a eye for detail. He's not so thrilled about working on a Horror game but still does it because in his own words "Bored."
- Writing
- Public Relations
- Game Design: Me
- Music
- Sound effects production

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode