Dead Space 3? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-20-11, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Default Dead Space 3?

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/119/1195557p1.html

*shrugs*

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-21-11, 03:08 AM

Lubacca's Flag is: USA

I doubt that a show that gave a quick little glimpse like that is really something to bank on however, Dead Space is the only horror game that's really keeping the genre alive at the moment. Here's hoping for another go around
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-21-11, 07:42 AM

Durant's Flag is: United Kingdom

Guess I better try and finish the second one!

I messed up saving at a part with hardly any health or decent weapon ammo and I keep getting pwnd by the blobby thing in space.

Awesome games though. Both have pap yer pants moments

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it" - Erwin Rommel
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-21-11, 07:59 AM

HUMYN HYBRID's Flag is: Australia

dead space is one of my all time favourite games, especially for the horror genre. dead space 2 did a brilliant job with keeping a story and a great follow up on the first game. however, where would the end of number 2 (when isaac and ellie fly away) lead to another wreckoning? how many markers are actually in the universe? the second marker was man-made. i cant remember off the top of my head wether the first one was natural or man-made. and if it is, who survived (besides isaac and ellie) who know of that kind of tech, and then who would be stupid enough to recreate one? if there is a 3rd game, then i dont think it will be as good as the first 2. and necromorphs just turn into goo when the marker is destroyed. they cant survive without one. so, i would check out the game if it ever came out, but im not putting much hope in it at the moment.

If you can't amaze people with your intelligence... Confuse them with your bullshit!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-21-11, 10:26 AM

Durant's Flag is: United Kingdom

The gaming world is like Hollywood. They will find a way.

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it" - Erwin Rommel
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-21-11, 02:56 PM
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

Another posh & polished teen magnet that just won't. go. away.

Nah it's cool, I don't mind DS half as much as CoD and The Sims.

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-21-11, 09:43 PM
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!

komanko's Flag is: Israel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubacca View Post
Dead Space is the only horror game that's really keeping the genre alive at the moment.around
I must object, (this objection is valid only if you claim that dead space is a horror game) Dead Space is not a horror game. I can best describe it in movie terms, its an action thriller at best.

Dead Space can only startle you at best and that is if you did not notice the big many tentacled thing that crawls around you and then jumps on top of you and hacks you to pieces.

There are many decent horror games that are really scary and not that cheap oh my god multi armed alien virus thingy trying to kill me.

For example, Amnesia: The Dark Decent, this game can scare the fuck out of you. Depends on surroundings actually. At least for me, this game got my heart pounding like a bitch and I was utterly terrified most of the time while mumbling to myself, "they are everywhere!" although there was nothing there. The point is, unlike many recent games, this you might call indie horror game is an atmospheric one, something which really presents horror in an utterly scary way, unlike for example Dead Space or the Saw movie series which are cheap slashers.

On topic though, I think it was on an Israeli TV show when they saw that, so, don't believe them. Frankly I didn't even know that we have a show about games. *shrugs*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=M627-obxNzg If you want to see, not the same as playing it but gives you a taste.

Last edited by komanko; 09-21-11 at 09:49 PM.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-11, 08:32 AM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Dead Space is a horror franchise, and its genuinely scary unlike many games that try to be. I'm not saying its the only scary game, others have accomplished that for themselves, but Dead Space has done so as well and its definitely one of the best of the genre.

Dead Space 3 is fantastic news, DS 1 and 2 are both brilliant games that are always fun to play, when I can work up the nerve to play them. Looking forward to another nerve-wrecking campaign against the Necromorphs.

Lord of the Night

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-11, 03:15 PM
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!

komanko's Flag is: Israel

But... But... BUt... Lotn! Its not scary >.>
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-11, 04:18 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by komanko View Post
But... But... BUt... Lotn! Its not scary >.>
It very much is, its the atmosphere of the game, the fact that Isaac is very often alone against all the Necromorphs, and the shock elements that the Necromorphs use to attack him. Those are some of the things that make the game scary.

Lord of the Night

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode