Space Marine Upcoming Patch Details - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-16-11, 12:15 PM
Slave to Heresy!
 
Jezlad's Avatar
Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Essex
Posts: 9,419
Reputation: 26


Default

I happen to think the game is shit. Despite this though ill continue to play it when I get it for pc, xbox controllers are shit for 3rd and fps.

I do think its above average for a game though based on the fact it held my attention for an hour.

On a side not is there any way to lock your facing onto an opponent like saints row 2 or red dead?
Jezlad is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-16-11, 01:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Lubacca's Avatar
Lubacca's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Idaho
Posts: 386
Reputation: 1
Default

Gears and SM are pretty similar in game design and gameplay. Stories are obviously completely different but otherwise? It's not a Gears killer by any means of the imagination but not conceding that there are more than passing similarities would be disingenuous
Lubacca is offline  
post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-16-11, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.
 
Doelago's Avatar
Doelago's Flag is: Finland
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,321
Reputation: 9


Default

In Gameplay? Gears=Hide behind that thing.

Space Marine = Hide in the midst of enemy army, or wait, that was a pretty hard place to hide in...

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
Doelago is offline  
post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-16-11, 06:28 PM
Senior Member
 
James Tiberius's Avatar
James Tiberius's Flag is: Japan
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: england
Posts: 313
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doelago View Post
In Gameplay? Gears=Hide behind that thing.
you could hide in gears?, what was the point when you could just run your power armoured ass at a group of enemies and dispath them quick enough with cinematic death scenes using your chainsword...OOPS, sorry chain bayonet
James Tiberius is offline  
post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-16-11, 09:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Ultra111's Avatar
Ultra111's Flag is: England
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spixworth, Norwich
Posts: 3,545
Reputation: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Tiberius View Post
you could hide in gears?, what was the point when you could just run your power armoured ass at a group of enemies and dispath them quick enough with cinematic death scenes using your chainsword...OOPS, sorry chain bayonet
You were either clearly playing on easy, or were the host on mulstiplayer
Ultra111 is offline  
post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-16-11, 10:14 PM
Senior Member
 
James Tiberius's Avatar
James Tiberius's Flag is: Japan
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: england
Posts: 313
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra111 View Post
You were either clearly playing on easy, or were the host on mulstiplayer
I only ever play on easy to get used to controls for games, and admire the game (can't really do that on harder modes), after that its normal difficulty and then hard, I rarely go higher as it makes the game boring, and really I spent less time in cover on GOW than any game I've played, and if I was in cover it was either because you had to be for some reason, or while literally bugger all was happening

and I only played multiplayer twice on gears, got bored of nobody ever being around, at least the good thing about space marine is you won't have to endure the piss poor multiplayer because nobody in there right mind would bloody play it...well except 1 lone person ;)

Last edited by James Tiberius; 09-16-11 at 10:21 PM.
James Tiberius is offline  
post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-16-11, 10:32 PM
Senior Member
 
DeathJester921's Avatar
DeathJester921's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,269
Reputation: 9


Default

Hopefully Relic will add a few more game modes, maps, and possibly new weapons. That way, people will actually be interested in playing multiplayer a bit more. With just 4 maps and 2 game modes, things will get a bit boring after a while. I'm good with the available weapons, but i'd like to see a flamer for the assault marine or something. Would be fun

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
DeathJester921 is offline  
post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-17-11, 07:05 AM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.
 
Doelago's Avatar
Doelago's Flag is: Finland
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,321
Reputation: 9


Default

Maps packs have been mentioned...

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
Doelago is offline  
post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-17-11, 08:58 AM
Senior Member
 
Ultra111's Avatar
Ultra111's Flag is: England
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spixworth, Norwich
Posts: 3,545
Reputation: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Tiberius View Post
I only ever play on easy to get used to controls for games, and admire the game (can't really do that on harder modes), after that its normal difficulty and then hard, I rarely go higher as it makes the game boring, and really I spent less time in cover on GOW than any game I've played, and if I was in cover it was either because you had to be for some reason, or while literally bugger all was happening
I wouldn't say it makes the game boring, if anything it makes it more interested. I completed Gears 2 in around 3.30 hours on easy. On insane it's actually somewhat of a challenge. The reason you spent less time in cover is, as you say, playing on a lower difficulty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Tiberius View Post
and I only played multiplayer twice on gears, got bored of nobody ever being around, at least the good thing about space marine is you won't have to endure the piss poor multiplayer because nobody in there right mind would bloody play it...well except 1 lone person ;)
You're mistaken here. I get in to games on Gears much much quicker than on Space Marine. And I'm level 100, so clearly my word is going to be more reliable than someone who has only played it twice. People are always playing Gears. It's one of the best multiplayers out there, please don't assume your biased opinions reflect the opinions of the whole gaming community.
Ultra111 is offline  
post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-17-11, 11:59 AM
Senior Member
 
James Tiberius's Avatar
James Tiberius's Flag is: Japan
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: england
Posts: 313
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra111 View Post
I wouldn't say it makes the game boring, if anything it makes it more interested. I completed Gears 2 in around 3.30 hours on easy. On insane it's actually somewhat of a challenge. The reason you spent less time in cover is, as you say, playing on a lower difficulty.
not for me thank you, I play games to piss around after hard days, not to spend half of my time hugging a wall praying for my health to regen quicker before a boomer booms my asshole open, I generally only play on normal for that reason.

plus why complete it on harder?, other than maybe a handful of gamer points?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra111 View Post
please don't assume your biased opinions reflect the opinions of the whole gaming community.
I don't, but it reflects me, and in the end thats the only gaming community I give a shit about, me, myself and I, I couldn't care if billions think is amazing, I thought it was crap, and thats enough to change my opinion
James Tiberius is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome