Space Marine Upcoming Patch Details - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-15-11, 06:38 PM
Senior Member
 
James Tiberius's Avatar
James Tiberius's Flag is: Japan
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: england
Posts: 313
Reputation: 1
Default

funny how you'd pick out th one highest from the mass average of 7-8
gamepro 81% (8.1/10)
PC GAMER 82 (8.2/10)
gamershell 7.5/10
Joystiq 4/5 (8/10)
eurogamer 6/10
joystick division 3/5 (6/10)
gametraliers 7.6 GT score (not gonna count the 9.3 fanboi score)
gaming excellence 9.7 (seems badly judged considering 8.2 has been the highest)

average of 7.63/10
so its an above average game, but not anything special

Last edited by James Tiberius; 09-15-11 at 06:43 PM.
James Tiberius is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-15-11, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.
 
Doelago's Avatar
Doelago's Flag is: Finland
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,321
Reputation: 9


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Tiberius View Post
Blah, blah, blah
Lol? He had mainly read bad reviews, so I gave him a positive one?

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
Doelago is offline  
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-15-11, 07:26 PM
Senior Member
 
James Tiberius's Avatar
James Tiberius's Flag is: Japan
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: england
Posts: 313
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doelago View Post
Lol? He had mainly read bad reviews, so I gave him a positive one?
bad reviewS being multiple
A positive being singular
kinda paints a picture of where the game is going if the review market is awash with poor to average with 1 positive struggling to be noticed
James Tiberius is offline  
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-15-11, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.
 
Doelago's Avatar
Doelago's Flag is: Finland
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,321
Reputation: 9


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Tiberius View Post
bad reviewS being multiple
A positive being singular
kinda paints a picture of where the game is going if the review market is awash with poor to average with 1 positive struggling to be noticed
You fail to see that everything from 7 upwards is a good review?

Checking Metacritic the game has not gotten a single negative review.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know

Last edited by Doelago; 09-15-11 at 07:41 PM.
Doelago is offline  
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-15-11, 07:50 PM
Senior Member
 
James Tiberius's Avatar
James Tiberius's Flag is: Japan
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: england
Posts: 313
Reputation: 1
Default

to me 7-8 is just where they put games that are too good to be average, and too poor to be good, gears of space marine war certainly looks that way, it adds nothing new, its no different from what we have available at the moment, its come out at a time nearing more popular releases and based off a companies game not many have heard or, don't want to hear of or not a fan of with a chapter the majority of players despise anyway

7-8 may not be bad but why would I buy it if its just not bad?
James Tiberius is offline  
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-15-11, 07:52 PM
Member
sonn's Flag is: Canada
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 31
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Tiberius View Post
funny how you'd pick out th one highest from the mass average of 7-8
gamepro 81% (8.1/10)
PC GAMER 82 (8.2/10)
gamershell 7.5/10
Joystiq 4/5 (8/10)
eurogamer 6/10
joystick division 3/5 (6/10)
gametraliers 7.6 GT score (not gonna count the 9.3 fanboi score)
gaming excellence 9.7 (seems badly judged considering 8.2 has been the highest)

average of 7.63/10
so its an above average game, but not anything special
By your logic the 2 6/10 scores are also badly reviewed since they are the lowest scores.
sonn is offline  
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-15-11, 07:56 PM
Senior Member
 
James Tiberius's Avatar
James Tiberius's Flag is: Japan
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: england
Posts: 313
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonn View Post
By your logic the 2 6/10 scores are also badly reviewed since they are the lowest scores.
not really, the difference between 6-7 game wise is tiny, it still shows an above average score, the difference between 8-9 is bigger, as 8 is just a high above average, 9 is verging on excellence but not quite making it, and nothing involving GW could verge on excellence
James Tiberius is offline  
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-16-11, 12:41 AM
Dazed and confused.
 
Khorne's Fist's Avatar
Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 7,402
Reputation: 92


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathios1337 View Post
I got into a Hacked game on space marine last night, There was no score limit!! (got the thunderhammer Perk in ONE game)
The very first multiplayer game I played was like this. The scores had frozen, and I ended up with over 70 kills. The game went on for 40 minutes or so. I have come across it since as well, with the score frozen at exactly the same as the first one.

I have to say though, I'm not too hot on the multi player. Too many glitches and too much freezing, migrating hosts taking an age, and the actual loading of a match taking forever. Also I'm sick of bashing the back of someone's head in with the power axe only for him to turn around and kill me with a burst from his bolter. Hope the patches fix this.

KF's Journey Through His Plastic Crack Addiction. 40k, Flames of War, Bolt Action, and more.

01001111 01101101 01101110 01101001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101000 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01100001 01101001 01110011 01100101 01100100 00100001

Last edited by Khorne's Fist; 09-16-11 at 12:45 AM.
Khorne's Fist is online now  
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-16-11, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.
 
Doelago's Avatar
Doelago's Flag is: Finland
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,321
Reputation: 9


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Tiberius View Post
not really, the difference between 6-7 game wise is tiny, it still shows an above average score, the difference between 8-9 is bigger, as 8 is just a high above average, 9 is verging on excellence but not quite making it, and nothing involving GW could verge on excellence
Seriously, did you join this forum for any other reason than to troll GW?

Also, the differences between 6-7, and 8-9 are identical. None of the differences is bigger, or smaller.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
Doelago is offline  
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-16-11, 11:24 AM
Senior Member
 
Ultra111's Avatar
Ultra111's Flag is: England
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spixworth, Norwich
Posts: 3,545
Reputation: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Tiberius View Post
to me 7-8 is just where they put games that are too good to be average, and too poor to be good, gears of space marine war certainly looks that way, it adds nothing new, its no different from what we have available at the moment, its come out at a time nearing more popular releases and based off a companies game not many have heard or, don't want to hear of or not a fan of with a chapter the majority of players despise anyway

7-8 may not be bad but why would I buy it if its just not bad?
This game is nothing like Gears at War. Seriously, it runs of a totally different concept of battle. If you think this game is like Gears, then you must be seriously shit at Gears. Seriously...(2.0)

I think you contradicted yourself to be honest. You said 7-8 is too good to be average (hence an above average game) but too poor to be good (Which I would rate as average). That sounds to me like you're saying it is an above average, average game.

At the end of the day, you shouldn't just base your decision on a game on someone else who has played it. I bet Doelago would give it a very high score, but I bet my little brother would give it a very minimal one. It's down to personal preference.
Ultra111 is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome