Space Marine @ Game.co.uk - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-11, 12:18 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizBe View Post
Whats all the hate with Game?
*cough*steam*cough*

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-11, 12:27 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Steams all well and good, but I like having a hard copy and actual people with faces I can complain to if I have to.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-11, 12:42 PM
I am Alpharius.

Quote:
Steams all well and good, but I like having a hard copy and actual people with faces I can complain to if I have to.
Yes, but quite a lot of people in the UK got upset by the fact that thanks to Game they could not get Space Marine via Steam.

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-11, 01:08 PM

Actually thats GameStop. They're a completely different company to Game. Game owns the Game Stores, and the Gamestation stores. Neither have anything to do with GameStop which is a US company, and the ones that stopped Space Marine being on Steam.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-11, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Actually thats GameStop. They're a completely different company to Game. Game owns the Game Stores, and the Gamestation stores. Neither have anything to do with GameStop which is a US company, and the ones that stopped Space Marine being on Steam.
Not according to my (several) friends who work at GAME. In the UK at least, they lay the blame firmly at the feet of the company they work for, and are now hacked off at because they wanted the Blood Ravens multiplayer stuff from the Steam pre-order. Damn thing still uses Steam to authenticate the DLC too, which is ironic.
BTW, if only an American company was responsible for the de-steaming, how come the UK Steam demo got pulled, and the US one didn't? We had to do sneaky ninja tricks even to get that.

My own order has apparently got lost in their system- they claim it is now on its way, and that they're giving me 5 in compensation. Of course, the site still claims that it's 'unshipped' but it's clearly not working properly. We shall see.

Armies and other stuff:
http://majere613.deviantart.com/
Short stories and writing:
http://thetheleniccurriculum.blogspot.co.uk/
My novel, The Wake of Manadar, on Kindle:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...=1&*entries*=0
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-11, 03:13 PM
I am Alpharius.

Quote:
Why the fug would a US company demand Space Marine not to be sold in the UK via Steam? Dude, its Game that is to get the blame here.

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-11, 03:13 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Personally, I prefer Steam's customer service to just about anything else.

Politely email them to ask about something that's wrong (eg. Game not registering or something), usually end up with the problem solved, profuse apologies and a free game or something.

post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-11, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doelago View Post
Why the fug would a US company demand Space Marine not to be sold in the UK via Steam? Dude, its Game that is to get the blame here.
Same reason they had the leaflets pulled out of the Deus Ex: HR copies that gave people a free cloud copy of it. They don't want competition for their own service they're launching.

@Majere: Well I know the managers of my both local Game Store, and my Local GameStation stores, and they're both telling me they're getting really pissed off being GameStop being a bunch of dicks is giving them a bad rep as people are confusing GameStop with them when they companies have nothing to do with each other.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-11, 03:23 PM
I am Alpharius.

Its Game. Cant find THQSledgehammers post, but he obviously had a pointing finger pointed in the direction of Game.

But here is another post: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/111...team-in-the-UK

post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-11, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Same reason they had the leaflets pulled out of the Deus Ex: HR copies that gave people a free cloud copy of it. They don't want competition for their own service they're launching.

@Majere: Well I know the managers of my both local Game Store, and my Local GameStation stores, and they're both telling me they're getting really pissed off being GameStop being a bunch of dicks is giving them a bad rep as people are confusing GameStop with them when they companies have nothing to do with each other.
Well, we've clearly got a 'I said he said she said' situation here, in that there's pretty much no way to check the facts. Regardless, your argument about GameStop's streaming service is clearly irrelevant to the UK version, and the discrepancy with the demo remains the elephant in the room.

Armies and other stuff:
http://majere613.deviantart.com/
Short stories and writing:
http://thetheleniccurriculum.blogspot.co.uk/
My novel, The Wake of Manadar, on Kindle:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...=1&*entries*=0

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode