Space Marine: The I knew it/ Told you so edition. - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-10-11, 10:13 AM

World Eater XII's Flag is: United Kingdom

Its been many months since ive truly had fun with a game.

The MP is so much fun, Tactical marine ftw.

Combat is pretty epic, im on normal and cant say im breezing or struggling with it.

Let the Galaxy Burn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-10-11, 11:34 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

I finished the campaign yesterday on normal in about seven and a half hours, and that was with a lot of sight seeing. While it's not a world beater, it is enjoyable, especially for fans of the universe like us. You get it all, Jump packs, thunder hammers, melta(shot) guns, riding door gunner in a valkyrie, taking out chaos marines with head shots from a las cannon, blight drones, a warlord titan and a demon prince. They all look fantastic as well.

It is very linear though, and some of the weapons aren't exactly as they should be, but any changes are more for the benefit of the game mechanics than an ignorance of the fluff.

However, I am somewhat pissed off by the fact I have to pay to go beyond level 5 on multiplayer just because I was unfortunate enough to be too late to preorder an elite edition. I just shelled out €50 to find out I have to shell out more mere hours later if I want to enjoy it online to the fullest.

KF's Journey Through His Plastic Crack Addiction. 40k, Flames of War, Bolt Action, and more.

01001111 01101101 01101110 01101001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101000 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01100001 01101001 01110011 01100101 01100100 00100001
post #53 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-10-11, 11:40 AM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
However, I am somewhat pissed off by the fact I have to pay to go beyond level 5 on multiplayer just because I was unfortunate enough to be too late to preorder an elite edition. I just shelled out 50 to find out I have to shell out more mere hours later if I want to enjoy it online to the fullest.
Waaait, what the fuck? Every new copy *should* come with the Elite Pass printed on the back of the manual?

Ouh, anyone else noticed that you get a 15% discount code for the Ultramarines movie in the manual as well?

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #54 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-10-11, 02:18 PM

Ultra111's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doelago View Post
Waaait, what the fuck? Every new copy *should* come with the Elite Pass printed on the back of the manual?

Ouh, anyone else noticed that you get a 15% discount code for the Ultramarines movie in the manual as well?
Thanks for the heads up, I may actually get round to watching it now.
post #55 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-10-11, 07:52 PM

Rinso's Flag is: Bulgaria

Wow, this game is awesome.

I'm still not done with the campaign, but then again, I always take my time when going through singleplayer.

I think the game captures 40k's atmosphere and spirit perfectly. It's larger than life, in your face and just a bit over the top - in other words, just what a 40k adventure is supposed to be!

I think that the seamless and smooth transition system between ranged combat and close melee fights works perfectly. It gives you a lot of freedom in combat and allows to be quick on your feet (so to speak...) and react efficiently.

I'm so-so on the arsenal. The melee weapons are all cool, but I'm far from convinced on the efficiency on the ranged ones. So far I think that only the sniper rifle and the... grenade launcher? are trully useful. The bolters are pretty much useless unless in really close range, and the plasma gun overheats way too quickly to be of any real use.

Speaking of useless, the two companion smurfs are... wow... Seriously, they are about as accurate marksmen as the Star Wars stormtroopers and seem to do very little damage whenever they chance to hit a target. Could have gone without them.
But then, your character is a powerhouse! Not that he is invulnerable, but still, he kicks some serious ass. He even made me feel cool to play as a loyalist Astrates. How is this possible?

The only thing I dislike is the checkpoint save system... I loathe it in every game that has had it. Also, the squig kamikazes are... annoying

All in all, a very nice game. It's always a treat for a 40k geek to play such a cool 40k game.
post #56 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-10-11, 08:04 PM

Levendus's Flag is: United Kingdom

I've been playing this all day on the PC and it is somewhat Lacklustre, I can't but think you're all going to be a little biased, and some of your reasoning is appalling, it's the same reasoning and defence I hear for diet coke movies like Transformers...

We should expect more from our art (yes it's art Roger Ebert) our films, music and games...

This game is just keep pressing mouse button 1, when the orks are close enough start hitting mouse button 2 then occasionally hit mouse button 4 for an execution attack.

I'm bored already and thinking of just uninstalling it.

Could have been so much more, could have been squad commend orientated, more cover, different weapons having a different effect... etc
post #57 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-10-11, 09:28 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levendus View Post
Could have been so much more, could have been squad commend orientated, more cover, different weapons having a different effect... etc
Yes, because what we need is another cover based squad controller.... because that would be new and different.
post #58 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-11-11, 01:02 AM

nestersan's Flag is: Jamaica

The weapons work great for me. They have enough variety that I am always switching out while playing. My only gripe is the Power Axe, and that's cause it doesn't suit my play style.

I play long distance soften up then up close finish, and the weapons play to that. Stalker Pattern Bolter and Kraken Bolter for long range, then Melta and Chainsword/Thunder Hammer for CQC.

I am loving it, I look at each scene tactically and flank and funnel the enemy and it works, I dont rush in blindly.

Also I am not quite sure which build you guys have, but while the AI teammates leave you to do the bulk of the killing, I have seen countless cases where they take out targets, take out as in kill, terminate, blow up, not just shoot randomly.

Don't leave them behind and run ahead. Play like you playing co-op, stick with them, set up fire lanes, let them melee provide support. You will have a different experience.

'Death is nothing compared to vindication.'

Let them HATE, so long as they fear.
The Imperium is as a gargantuan creature, dying slowly and in great pain, too massive to realise it is as yet a lumbering corpse.
post #59 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-11-11, 05:47 AM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

I found that that A.I were quite useful, yes, they do actually kill stuff, but they do also draw fire.

Heck, that one moment when you are stuck in that one room basically pinned down by a squad of CSM, I dont think I would have made it if that bastard scum Leandros would not have drawn their fire. (I died four times on easy )

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #60 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-11-11, 06:49 AM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Just played the demo, I'll be picking it up when it's a fiver. It's a Warhammer game so I feel I should support it, and it does look pretty, and is decent stress relief, but at the end of the day I'm mashing right-click with the odd f-e keypress. Not the most interesting thing ever. If it had RPG elements in single player, maybe. As it stands, bargain bin only I think.

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode