Space Marine: The I knew it/ Told you so edition. - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-08-11, 12:47 PM

It's all versions, although most people seem to be highlighting PC and PS3, not seen many 360 complaints but it could just be 360 users have trouble using words to express the problem.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-08-11, 01:01 PM
Febris Militarius

Medic Marine's Flag is: Australia

I have had ZERO issues with multiplayer, no lag quick load times and host migration has been quick and painless. I love multiplayer after not liking it out of the shoot. I emjoyed the campaign, I did rush it on easy casue I suck at 3rd eprson shooter so I have a normal and hard play through waiting. I like the customizer its a nice twist, I am worried about the Lvl 41 cap.
W/o some DLC this will get stale quickly.

Life is all anatomy lessons and paint brushes
post #23 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-08-11, 01:12 PM

Gluttoniser's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by gally912 View Post
I agree with Dark Reaper on most of his points. The game from a mechanics standpoint is fine for me.

If I had a wishlist/things I dont like:

-No way to even set a preference for which side in multiplayer you play. Why include achievements/unlocks for getting X while chaos/imperial if you can't choose which to be?
-Dedicated Servers
-Just dropping the Assault pack in a random location. Captain's Master of the Forge would be *pissed*
-Some more emotes from multiplayer characters beyond random grunting
-WHERE IS MY POWERFIST. Really, if there was an iconic close combat weapon above the chainsword...
-The lascannon feels a little small and fires a little fast, and you should probably have to set yourself when you charge a plasma cannon.

so, nitpicks really.
I wouldn't say dedicated servers are a nitpick. It's 2011 for christsake!

RUNES OF WARDING Y U NO LEAVE?!

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ar#post1057655 <--- My Word Bearers log
post #24 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-08-11, 01:48 PM

Ultra111's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramoro View Post
Well in a normal game there's a dedicated server you look at the game list, you see which one looks best for you, you tell your buddies you all join that game, woo, fun times.

In Peer to Peer matchmaking the game looks for players hosting games for you and ranks them according to your speed to the host, then joins the one it thinks best, your friends may or may not get into the same game as you. The game is being run from the Host computer, so everything depends on how good his connection is really.

That's why there's a 12 page long 'Matchmaking issues' thread on the forum, with it taking 10 minutes to get into a match for many people.
This sounds exactly like Gears of War 2's multiplayer. As the game is running from the hosts connection, does this mean that the host is really OP compared to the rest of the players like in Gears of War 2? Please say no.
post #25 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-08-11, 02:22 PM

Ravner298's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Peer to Peer, the game matching method that makes games universally awful in multiplayer.
There is no real match making. I'm almost max level and I get thrown into games with nothing but sub Lv10's constantly. I don't see why people complain, saying that high end weapons and perks are OP and its unfair for them.....the best weapons are the ones you start out with. Hell the bolter is lethal after you manage 50 kills with it (takes no time at all). The chainsword for assault doesnt get exponentially better as you level, you just get a perk that heals you when you hit with it (after....50 kills.....see the pattern?)

The weapons that unlock at 10,16,18,20 are rubbish in comparison. The best perks in the game you get below level 10, except like iron halo for devestator that makes you abit more durable.

A level 5 that plays smart and is good at shooters will beat anyone, with a standard bolter.

So beyond that what is the point of matchmaking exactly?

edit; i've had no issues with looking for matches for 10+ minutes or lag as some have, I do notice people warping around every now and then in game...Also, after a match people with connections in the red are dropped or removed automatically.

Last edited by Ravner298; 09-08-11 at 02:39 PM.
post #26 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-08-11, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravner298 View Post
So beyond that what is the point of matchmaking exactly?
To find you a match....

Aramoro

post #27 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-08-11, 02:49 PM

I misinterpreted the gripe about the way the system connects you to games, vs the gripe about the way players and teams are balanced. Oops.
post #28 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-08-11, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravner298 View Post
I misinterpreted the gripe about the way the system connects you to games, vs the gripe about the way players and teams are balanced. Oops.
I think you'll get the balance gripes after more people get the game, the connection grips could be down to the player base being too small. For P2P to work you need to have a critical mass of players first, which it doesn't have yet.

Aramoro

post #29 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-08-11, 02:58 PM

Ive played it since release and have never waited for more than 15 seconds to get into a game. It might be because my connection is incredible all the time?

edit; when people drop for whatever reason, the game fills back up and starts again in little to no time
post #30 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-08-11, 05:18 PM

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

Quote:
This is faulty reasoning at best. Games are short because the writing teams for CoD and Space Marine are pitiful compared to the effort put into the Graphics etc, the new Dues Ex suffers from the same thing, good graphics, short games. CoD is produced on the back of franchise, bad games are really meaningless there will still be people in camo queuing at midnight for it.
I've played through plenty of older games that were designed to be 60+ hours and beaten them in under 10 (games like Chrono Trigger non new game plus, Suikoden I and II, Final Fantasy IV and VI to name a few). In the "good old days" of gaming publishers had a new title coming out once a year so their games needed to be longer to keep the publishers name fresh in your mind. Now that most publishers have a new offering every 4 weeks (generally) they need you to be done with their game so you can buy a new one.

Most of the older games weren't even long because of the story, but because of older game play mechanics designed to make you play longer (like the level grind from old school RPGs). Cut those out and all games become shorter.

Quote:
Space Marine is a bit of fun, some fluff, no one will be playing it 6 months from now really.
I agree with you here. in 6 months this game will be selling for $30, maybe even $20.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode