Space Marine: The I knew it/ Told you so edition. - Page 10 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-13-11, 01:26 AM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Yeah, I should really get that melta gun perk, even so I hate going for "I Win" configurations, just cheapens it to me, most I'll do is go assault, and even then I won't use the hammer/maul.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-13-11, 04:00 PM

Ultra111's Flag is: England

Is anyone up for some boosting then? We only need 3 players, as far as I know.
post #93 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-13-11, 06:33 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

I am up for some boosting. Any time, anywhere. I need those darn multi-kills. -_-`

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #94 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-13-11, 11:57 PM

AK74Bob's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
Yeah, I should really get that melta gun perk, even so I hate going for "I Win" configurations, just cheapens it to me, most I'll do is go assault, and even then I won't use the hammer/maul.
Yeah I use chain axe/power axe whenever I play assault class.

"Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons, and they will follow you into the deepest valley". - Sun Tzu

"My rule is: If you meet the weakest vessel, attack; if it is a vessel equal to yours, attack; and if it is stronger than yours, also attack..." - Admiral Stepan O. Makarov

"A brave man may fall, but he cannot yield" - Roman proverb
post #95 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-13-11, 11:59 PM

AK74Bob's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doelago View Post
I am up for some boosting. Any time, anywhere. I need those darn multi-kills. -_-`
Use the plasma cannon, it is the best for getting multi kills cause of its aoe. And pick the game mode where you are taking points since you can get more kills on that one and it doesn't end the game.

"Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons, and they will follow you into the deepest valley". - Sun Tzu

"My rule is: If you meet the weakest vessel, attack; if it is a vessel equal to yours, attack; and if it is stronger than yours, also attack..." - Admiral Stepan O. Makarov

"A brave man may fall, but he cannot yield" - Roman proverb

Last edited by AK74Bob; 09-16-11 at 05:12 AM.
post #96 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-14-11, 03:48 AM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

This game was exactly what I was expecting, and I couldn't be happier. Multiplayer is great; a couple well-designed maps and three balanced classes with a decent selection of balanced weapons and perks. Space Marine multiplayer is easily the most fun I've had playing online in the past few years.

5-6 hours on the campaign is fine. It was short, sweet and to the point. I was not expecting a 40+ hour JRPG. I wanted a linear game where I killed everything in front of me. You want complexity and depth, read a book.

post #97 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-14-11, 04:49 AM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by gally912 View Post
OK, I don't know how you brits do it, but...

It's ZEE-NOES not ZEE-NOSS

It comes from the root "xeno", which means alien or foreign. See also, "xenophobic" (or philliac, if thats your shtick) Acceptable pronunciations are Zeh-no, or Zee-no.

(Finally got around to single player. Fluff-nerd critiques abound, but this one bothers me... a lot.)
The irony of an American picking holes in the chosen pronunciation of an established language is almost thick enough to stop bullets. Just sayin'.

post #98 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-14-11, 09:40 AM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK74Bob View Post
Use the plasma cannon, it is the best for getting mutli kills cause of its aoe. And pick the game mode where you are taking points since you can get more kills on that one and it doesn't end the game.
Yea, plasma is doable. Try getting it with the melta gun.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #99 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-14-11, 01:09 PM
Innovative Forge-Lord

Cypher871's Flag is: England

I have to say right off the bat that I had no pre-conceptions as to what this game would be like. I watched one or two of the hype vids but didn't follow it anymore closely than that.

Having played my way through the majority of the campaign I have to say I have rather enjoyed it...bit repetitive but then I wasn't expecting anything earth shattering. The attention to detail of the locations, the movement of the Marines and the sound effects are all very nicely done and for me personally are the best of all the 40K themed games I have ever played.

The multi-player on the other hand is, to be perfectly honest, a pile of shit. I have made it to level 11 and I am so fucking bored with it it's not funny.

There has been no thought to it, it's just the same tired old Domination or Team Death Match re-hash. I don't know what I was expecting but I thought there may have been a little more inventiveness to it.

You have your rush CC players and your Heavy weapon sniper players and everyone seems to love spawn killing...tedious tedious tedious. God help you if you just decide to play as a Tactical Marine. If I had wanted a console mp experience I would have bought a bloody x-box.

Even when you compare it to older MP games like the original Modern Warfare it's dire, I don't really see the free DLC making it any better and what the hell is with the auto matching system? Didnt Relic see the complete abortion that was MW2 multi-player?

Once upon a time games were sold on the strength of the single player storyline with MP content an added afterthought. Nowadays the flip side is true with a games true replay value tied heavily to the MP aspect. I don't see this game having a long run to be honest, not with BF3 and MW3 just around the corner. Nice try Relic but ultimately just another console fanboy port.

As I bought the collectors edition hopefully the extra's should be worth something on ebay in time. Once I've finished the campaign I will give it another go on Hard then uninstall it and go back to playing Half Life 2 again...lets hope MW3 isn't a turkey too.

Last edited by Cypher871; 09-14-11 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Whoopsy...piss poor spelling lol
post #100 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-14-11, 01:31 PM
Unforgiven

gally912's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
The irony of an American picking holes in the chosen pronunciation of an established language is almost thick enough to stop bullets. Just sayin'.
It may very well be...

but damnit, I don't understand how a company can say it one (mind, correct) way in the Dawn of War series but change it for this game. Pronouncing it zee-noss makes it a different word- an entirely made up word.

Of course, it wouldn't bother me if this wasn't a big, mainstream release. Relatively minor fluff changes and errors end up creeping their way into cannon. Throughout the campaign you end up ditching multiple assault packs off in random places due to being "out of fuel" and there are power-axes, thunderhammers, and bolters by the truckload lying around.

My inner-nerd cries at the thought of one day running into a young lad who says "I mostly play zee-noss armies".

In the Grim Darkness of the Far Future, there is no Common Sense.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode