Battlefield 3 will be divided on 2 discs on the 360 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-11, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Default Battlefield 3 will be divided on 2 discs on the 360

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/119/1192548p1.html

Wont bother me. Hopefully it is campaign on one, and multiplayer on the 2nd.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-11, 03:40 PM

MrHuk's Flag is: United Kingdom

Wouldn't bother me, once you complete the campaign it's unlikely you'll want to do it again any time soon, and most people only play MP anyway. I'll be getting it for PC though, I just need to find the cash for a GTX 580 :D

http://wh40kpainting.blogspot.com - Watch me progress as I learn the basics and beyond.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-11, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Nice! I would also be getting it for the PC, was it not for the fact that I doubt my laptop would be able to run it properly. So Xbox for me then...

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-11, 08:54 PM

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

What year is it again? 1999?

Oh Xbox, you so old school.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-11, 09:28 PM

James Tiberius's Flag is: Japan

as long as single player is long and is good, and multiplayer is good, battlefield has never been very good for multi play in my opinion, so much potential ruined by poor design and very poor sportsmanlike players
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-11, 10:27 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Tiberius View Post
as long as single player is long and is good, and multiplayer is good, battlefield has never been very good for multi play in my opinion, so much potential ruined by poor design and very poor sportsmanlike players
You realize that campaign in Battlefield is a recent development, right?

The entire series is designed SOLELY around multiplayer. The campaigns are incidental and to market the game to all six people who haven't got a connection capable of playing online yet.

As for poor design...What game are you playing? Battlefield 2 probably had some of the best level design, spacing and tactical variety a game has ever had. Yes, Bad Company and BC2 were lacklustre, but that's what you get when you try to market something primarily to the console crowd. Luckily, Battlefield 3 has been designed properly (In respect to the origins of the series) and ported TO consoles, not from.

As for sportsmanship, I hardly see how the attitude of the players is the fault of the developers. Not to mention that sportsmanship is overrated. Camping, grenade spam and BMing in global chat are part of the metagame, and it's the duty of a player who doesn't like this to adapt to it if it bothers them, not the other way around.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-11, 10:37 PM

James Tiberius's Flag is: Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
You realize that campaign in Battlefield is a recent development, right?
so because its recent I can't hope its good?...I didn't realise it worked like that, should I hope its crap instead then?, I dunno what to hope for if both are wrong.
Quote:
As for poor design...What game are you playing? Battlefield 2 probably had some of the best level design, spacing and tactical variety a game has ever had
thats certainly not how I feel.
Quote:
As for sportsmanship, I hardly see how the attitude of the players is the fault of the developers.
I don't actually recall mentioning how sportsmanship was the fault of the developers, lemme check
*checks original post*
nop sorry, no connection to developers and sportsmanship there, you my of been reading someone elses post though I'd assume
Quote:
Not to mention that sportsmanship is overrated.
no its not, sportsmanship lets everyone enjoy the game, being a douche spoils it for everyone, a 40k forum should have a perfect understanding of a douche spoiling things for everyone I'd of thought, plenty of them after all
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-11, 11:59 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

1) You can hope it's good, but it's sure as hell objectively the least important part of a series that has always had its roots in multiplayer

2) There's always a minority

3) My point was that the devs have no control over the players, so you can't hold that against the game.

4) If someone's crying and whining and calling 'unsportsmanship' because they're too bad at a team game to get some coherence and a tight counter attack to defeat whatever's happening, they deserve to lose. While this may not be exactly what you're talking about, it's a major point in the Battlefield series. Example and fact: Only whiny little bitches complain about 'baserape' instead of actively doing something about the people pinning them in.

That might seem cold, but I'm fully of the belief that if someone can't take something for themselves in a game, they don't deserve it.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-12-11, 01:01 PM

Machiavellismx's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Tiberius View Post
I was quite surprised to read this, as I've always felt that BF has some of the best multiplayer around. I was disappointed with Bad Company 2's single player, not that it was bad but that it had gone from open-world levels to COD style linear, but the multiplayer was still excellent. The different classes with unlocks, objective based gameplay, squads, and different vehicles gave it a much deeper and much more fun element than other online shooters.

Also, I've never found it to be particularly unsportsman like, in Bad Company One you would get team killed sometimes if you were using artillery that someone else wanted, but it wasnt common and certainly no worse than other games.

On the other hand I usually play with a squad of friends which defiantly makes it much more fun, as you actually communicate, Cod is much easier to jump into and play alone or with mates.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-12-11, 06:31 PM

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

Quote:

3) My point was that the devs have no control over the players, so you can't hold that against the game.
If the games main focus is online play, and the online community sucks, then the game sucks. FPS games tend to have the worst online communities among all other games. The general player base runs very hot and cold, when they win they're "the best playas evah" and when the lose it's because of "haxs" or "cheese." They will mock players openly with whatever language they feel like, until that player starts beating them, at which point then shut up like nothings happened.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode