Space Marine: The game that'll be epic. - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

View Poll Results: What would you prefer to play in multiplayer?
Chaos 22 37.93%
Imperium 36 62.07%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-07-11, 09:10 AM

Ultra111's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastik View Post
NANANANAH!ICAN'THEARYOUNANANA!

A.K.A My preordered hasn't arrived yet. Depending on the UK/EU release date it might only arrive next week, sigh. I wanna show those greenskins, human diplomacy at it's finest
UK release date is the 9th of of September mate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-07-11, 09:36 AM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen.ahab View Post
P.S. OH, and campaign is still too easy. So far I have gotten through the entire first half of the game without dying on hard.
There was this one review on the web, wherever it was, that gave the game a 6/10, complaining that its already way to hard on normal.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #43 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-07-11, 12:10 PM

Ravner298's Flag is: USA

The missions double in difficulty when you get past the orc nonsense.

MULTIPLAYER SPOILER

You customize your loadout for each class, and the game randomizes you between chaos and spehss mairhne. You don't pick which one. You pick your class at the start of the match, and can switch class anytime but not your loadout. If you die, you have an option to copy your killers loadout for 1 life (particularly useful for lower level people just starting out with no perks or unlocks yet).

I did an all day multiplayer with the roomate. Marine skins look 10x better than chaos. Got full relic armor (took forever) and lv32. (max level is 41, which unlocks Daemon Armor (chaos) and some flavor of space marine armor)

The armor unlocks by doing things in game. For example, one is total kills, one is assists, one is total kill streaks, one is dying a certain way, one for total victories etc. Each individual armor piece unlocks seperately the hardest to obtain being shoulders and helm, in that order.

It's PVP awesome in every sense, I only have 1 complaint. The starting weapons are the strongest. Your bolter gets kraken shells after 50 kills, and a targeter perk after 25 kill streaks that makes it accurate when spraying. It's incredibly powerful. The stalker boltgun (at lvl4) is crazy, and after 15 headshots it gets a perk to fire 2 shots at once >.>

As far as assault goes, the chainsword (or powersword if you preordered from THQ or beat the mission on kill team for xbox) beats out poweraxe by a little, and thunderhammer by alot (lv 18) simply because its faster. People dart out of your way constantly and if you're slow to swing you wont hit anything. You also get a perk after so many kills with it (it being the chainsword) that heals you when you hit someone, so the faster the better. Although if you can manage it, the thunderhammer pretty much 1 shots anything it hits....in an aoe.

So you guys in the UK still waiting for this epicness, level up your bolter or stalker bolter as a tac marine, chainsword as an assault.

Devestator you cant really go wrong, the lascannon unlocks at lv10, plasma cannon lv20. They're both kinda...'meh' simply because of how limited the devestator is in movement. However the control area maps they do well because the enemy HAS to go there and you can setup some mean fire lanes.

my 2c

edit; one last tidbit. The game comes default with an open mic, and to my knowledge there is no toggle for it. I had to unplug my mic and mute everyone that joined the game. It is pretty amusing at first hearing people talk and not know everyone can hear them, cracked up afew times with guys screaming out FOR THE EMPERAH or doing their battle cries, but I could only handle so much mouthbreathing and 14 yr olds saying how they 'pwned' someone. I hope they patch in push to talk.

Last edited by Ravner298; 09-07-11 at 12:41 PM.
post #44 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-07-11, 12:23 PM

Crimson Shadow's Flag is: USA

I haven't played the multiplayer yet. But I'm really enjoying the campaign. The 3rd person doesn't detract from the experience like I thought it would. (I'm on XBOX). The only thing I've noticed in my half-hour of playing, is that I need to up the horizontal sensitivity. He just doesn't turn around as fast as I like, which should be a quick fix later today.
post #45 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-07-11, 02:21 PM

DavC8855's Flag is: USA

Loads of fun. Played the game for like 10 hours after I bought it. Campaign-8/10 and I still haven't completed it.
Multiplayer was fun. After unlocking the customizer it was pretty cool.

I can't wait for "Exterminatus". If it is anything like Halo's FIREFIGHT and GOW Horde it should be a lot of fun.

It is NOT a Gears of War Killer.

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong
post #46 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-07-11, 04:18 PM
Unforgiven

gally912's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravner298 View Post
The missions double in difficulty when you get past the orc nonsense.

MULTIPLAYER SPOILER

You customize your loadout for each class, and the game randomizes you between chaos and spehss mairhne. You don't pick which one. You pick your class at the start of the match, and can switch class anytime but not your loadout. If you die, you have an option to copy your killers loadout for 1 life (particularly useful for lower level people just starting out with no perks or unlocks yet).

I did an all day multiplayer with the roomate. Marine skins look 10x better than chaos. Got full relic armor (took forever) and lv32. (max level is 41, which unlocks Daemon Armor (chaos) and some flavor of space marine armor)

The armor unlocks by doing things in game. For example, one is total kills, one is assists, one is total kill streaks, one is dying a certain way, one for total victories etc. Each individual armor piece unlocks seperately the hardest to obtain being shoulders and helm, in that order.

It's PVP awesome in every sense, I only have 1 complaint. The starting weapons are the strongest. Your bolter gets kraken shells after 50 kills, and a targeter perk after 25 kill streaks that makes it accurate when spraying. It's incredibly powerful. The stalker boltgun (at lvl4) is crazy, and after 15 headshots it gets a perk to fire 2 shots at once >.>

As far as assault goes, the chainsword (or powersword if you preordered from THQ or beat the mission on kill team for xbox) beats out poweraxe by a little, and thunderhammer by alot (lv 18) simply because its faster. People dart out of your way constantly and if you're slow to swing you wont hit anything. You also get a perk after so many kills with it (it being the chainsword) that heals you when you hit someone, so the faster the better. Although if you can manage it, the thunderhammer pretty much 1 shots anything it hits....in an aoe.

So you guys in the UK still waiting for this epicness, level up your bolter or stalker bolter as a tac marine, chainsword as an assault.

Devestator you cant really go wrong, the lascannon unlocks at lv10, plasma cannon lv20. They're both kinda...'meh' simply because of how limited the devestator is in movement. However the control area maps they do well because the enemy HAS to go there and you can setup some mean fire lanes.

my 2c

edit; one last tidbit. The game comes default with an open mic, and to my knowledge there is no toggle for it. I had to unplug my mic and mute everyone that joined the game. It is pretty amusing at first hearing people talk and not know everyone can hear them, cracked up afew times with guys screaming out FOR THE EMPERAH or doing their battle cries, but I could only handle so much mouthbreathing and 14 yr olds saying how they 'pwned' someone. I hope they patch in push to talk.
Very good summation.

My only complaints are that I feel the plasma cannon and lascannon fire a little fast for my taste.

That, and everyone is so silent. Just grunts when swinging and getting hit. Where are my "For the emprah!" or "Death to loyalist scum!" ?

In the Grim Darkness of the Far Future, there is no Common Sense.
post #47 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-07-11, 05:49 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

There are microphones for that purpose.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #48 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-07-11, 05:50 PM

Ravner298's Flag is: USA

Quote:
That, and everyone is so silent. Just grunts when swinging and getting hit. Where are my "For the emprah!" or "Death to loyalist scum!" ?
add your own Run into the fray yelling those things or a personal battle cry (I heard someone wagghhh....doesnt really fit a space marine but it was amusing none the less). Until they patch push to talk, have some fun with it.
post #49 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-07-11, 06:05 PM
Unforgiven

gally912's Flag is: USA

I would, but only your team can hear you.

In the Grim Darkness of the Far Future, there is no Common Sense.
post #50 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-07-11, 06:09 PM

Iron Angel's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doelago View Post
And Finland gets it on the 9th... Dont expect to see me around all that much on the web between the 6th and 9th... I am trying to avoid the interweb spoilarhz... What makes it worse is that if my local store does not have the Collectors Edition, I will be forced to order it...

*shudders at the concept of having to avoid spoilers for even longer*
SPOILERS:

You shoot a lot of dudes.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode