Epic may ban those who spoil Gears 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-11, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Default Epic may ban those who spoil Gears 3

Good move.

First up at Eurogamer: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-spoil-gears-3

Then at IGN stealing from Eurogamer: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/118/1187890p1.html

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-11, 10:37 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

I agree. Funny how people at eurogamer were ragging on Epic for this stating, but the people at IGN supported this.
Douchebags shouldn't leak this kind of stuff because it ruins the game for people.
Wonder how they're going to ban the people that are leaking the game though. Hell, I wonder how they're going to find them.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-11, 04:16 AM

can't wait for the GOW3,and those who spoiled the fun shall die,those who...sorry,just came through an album name...
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-11, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathJester921 View Post
Wonder how they're going to ban the people that are leaking the game though. Hell, I wonder how they're going to find them.
Well, since the majority of people are completely retarded and forget to plug out the interwebs, it is not all that hard to be honest.

Heck, when I got Black Ops three or four days ahead of release I did not dare to have the wireless adapter plugged in due to the fear of ban. Thou it would not have been an all that big deal tbh.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-11, 01:28 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

SPOILER: Dom is still a whiny bitch, Marcus is still a shit protagonist and Unreal is still a better franchise.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-11, 01:31 PM

Ultra111's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
SPOILER: Dom is still a whiny bitch, Marcus is still a shit protagonist and Unreal is still a better franchise.
Joking yes?

I hope they sort out people who glitch the map like on Gears 2.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-11, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
Derp.

Ten limit.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-11, 02:06 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Good move! They did the same thing for George R.R Martin's A Dance with Dragons. I don't want to know how Gears of War 3 ends, who dies and who lives, anything to do with the game until I play and complete it myself.

Lord of the Night

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-11, 02:07 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra111 View Post
Joking yes?
Nope. Admittedly, I'm oh-so-slightly bitter at the recent decline in arena shooters, but it's really a shame to see Epic go from creating an amazing series of games that pretty much defined a generation of gamers to...well...Gears.

After all, the first game was a bit of fun with friends, but it was never more than that. Mechanically, it did nothing that Killswitch didn't do several years prior (and better). The story was one of the most non-engaging I've ever found in a series of supposedly story-driven games, and the multiplayer felt clunky and shoehorned in compared to the sickeningly fluid gameplay I'd come to expect from Epic.

Also, the real killer for me is the way that Epic spent little to no effort promoting Unreal Tournament 3 in favour of over-hyping the GoW franchise, then came out and said that UT3's launch was 'extremely underwhelming'. They create good games and frankly brilliant engines, but seeming to almost deliberately kill off the series that made the company what they are (and what got me seriously into gaming) is nothing short of depressing to me.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-11, 02:14 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Unreal Tournament 3 had good gameplay in concept but in practice it was weak. The same thing over and over, your in an arena with enemies, kill them. No story changes the levels, no real plot developments. And I felt the multiplayer was too "common", it felt like every other shooter multiplayer there has ever been.

Gears of War is Epic's crowning achievement, they've created a franchise that will perhaps one day join other franchises that have become colossal, like Halo, Star Wars or 40k. Gears has a great storyline that really shows humanity fighting for its survival, the strength they all have together, and the protagonists own stories that pull you in even further. And its multiplayer is rare in that it actually has good new ideas, in how many shooters can you pick up your wounded foe and use him as a bullet shield as so many badass characters in fiction have done?

Lord of the Night

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode