Space Marine Demo - Page 8 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 112 (permalink) Old 08-23-11, 11:51 PM

Lastik's Flag is: Portugal

Finally the internet connection on my house got repaired after it died in a glorious last stand that also took out the phone line, and I got to download the demo.

I'm rather enjoying the gameplay so far. Both CQC and Shooting feel they have a oomph behind it, as a 3-4 meter tall super human on a power armour fighting a proper WAAAGH should be. The moves and weapon feel powerfull and heavy though not lacking in agility (unlike certain androginous characters wielding impossibly large swords like they were letter openers )

I would hope for some character costumization in SP like it was mentioned here before as I don't particulary like multiplayer games (DoTA made sure of that ). I had hopes for that since I got the Kill team XBLA game and enjoy playing the several classes.

At least I was hoping we could choose a class since I've always fancied more the ranged fighting of a scout or devastator rather than the CQC of an assault marine.

Still it's on pre-order and I'm looking forward to it

Last edited by Lastik; 08-23-11 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Sentence structure went out the window :P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 112 (permalink) Old 08-23-11, 11:59 PM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

yeah you wont be choosing a "dev" style of fighting per say in SP. but if you check the weapon loadouts you get the sniper bolter as your "4" in the first one. the jumppack level... well... its a jump pack level.

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
post #73 of 112 (permalink) Old 08-24-11, 12:00 AM

Whiskey's Flag is: United Kingdom

How can any GW 40k fan even consider complaining about a GW ip computer game if we don't invest time and money into it they wont improve or make anymore of them.

I've been into GW war gaming and there CPU games since 1991, 20 YEARS!! i grew up with 2 button games like Mario and sensible soccer. Friends and myself always dreaming of some awesome 40k computer games. Dawn of war series was a godsend and now Space Marine, our dreams are coming true and the world is seeing our favorite Universe first hand with all the aspects of it. I am loving the demo and cant wait to play the real game and get into multi player. The melee system is great and the shooting is perfect for me in fact i love how the orks use cover and move about, and remember this isn't tabletop. Its fully loaded gorilla strength 7ft 5" superhuman in Power Armour wailing though hordes of lesser beings like there meant to.

Anyone younger then me can go play some 2 button games on a Nes or even a Atari and start thinking how lucky we are.

I want to see more GW ip games and products that's why buy the game even with some flaws. Space Marine is pure win.

All i want now before i get old and blind is a 300 million pound 40k movie to knock a title like avatar off the shelf.

Last edited by Whiskey; 08-24-11 at 12:03 AM.
post #74 of 112 (permalink) Old 08-24-11, 12:06 AM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
How can any GW 40k fan even consider complaining about a GW ip computer game if we don't invest time and money into it they wont improve or make anymore of them.

I've been into GW war gaming and there CPU games since 1991, 20 YEARS!! i grew up with 2 button games like Mario and sensible soccer. Friends and myself always dreaming of some awesome 40k computer games. Dawn of war series was a godsend and now Space Marine, our dreams are coming true and the world is seeing our favorite Universe first hand with all the aspects of it. I am loving the demo and cant wait to play the real game and get into multi player. The melee system is great and the shooting is perfect for me in fact i love how the orks use cover and move about, and remember this isn't tabletop. Its fully loaded gorilla strength 7ft 5" superhuman in Power Armour wailing though hordes of lesser beings like there meant to.

Anyone younger then me can go play some 2 button games on a Nes or even a Atari and start thinking how lucky we are.

I want to see more GW ip games and products that's why buy the game even with some flaws. Space Marine is pure win.

All i want now before i get old and blind is a 300 million pound 40k movie to knock a title like avatar off the shelf.
*points to NINJA GAIDEN 1, the original one, not the one on xbox* love old school low button number games. everything was simpler back then and yet, much harder for some unexplained reason >.>

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
post #75 of 112 (permalink) Old 08-24-11, 12:08 AM

Fire Tempered's Flag is: Serbia

Dude, you really don't think there is no room for complaint just because this is GW ip game? I see fault in that logic. I don't say we shouldn't buy game, and it's good to support it even if it's not perfect, but I can't see logic in not seeing room for improvement. And if you can justify buying game just because it's GW, you should not judge other people that don't do so.
post #76 of 112 (permalink) Old 08-24-11, 12:22 AM

Quote:

Bro...

<------ 30 year old bro here, like spectrums, ataris, B&W brick sized, dot matrix gameboys and whatnot.. Don't you be making me rain down my mid-life crisis on you!

Like I said I loved the demo and it just confirmed my pre-order. I merely pointed that I'd like some more options in gameplay style and that that observation is based solely on a demo that's hardly representative of the final game.

If anything I'm really hyped for the game now
post #78 of 112 (permalink) Old 08-24-11, 01:05 AM

Quote:
ill be 32 in 6 months and what pre-order did you get? i cant even decide because some have armour sets some have weapons etc.
Regular edition from Game IIRC. Was going to order the collectors edition but since it's me and two more mates ordering from the same credit card, I opted out of the collectors since one of my mates is -really- looking forward to the Gears 3 collectors and the other has to pay university fees.

It's not like we're ever in debt to him as we pay him as soon as the stuff arrives (or sometimes even before), but 2 collectors plus the fees is really taxing on the card and obviously the university comes first.

Also it's bloody depressing when ordering games from the UK I get better service, quality, selection and even with transport fees and taxes I still save more than half if I where to buy it on the shopping mall-.

Point in case, Sims 3 10 on amazon or game uk. On the big-bad eletronic store with ZOMG BEST DEALS EVAAAH... 70. I shit you not!
post #79 of 112 (permalink) Old 08-24-11, 01:07 AM

Oy since when did I become a senior member?! Bloody hell even Heresy is calling me old dangnabbit!!
post #80 of 112 (permalink) Old 08-24-11, 04:04 AM

nestersan's Flag is: Jamaica

On my second playthrough.

First I did mostly CQC, then while I liked it I kept getting hit too many times. Next playthrough I adjusted my sensitivity, played the way I play, long distance head shots type gameplay.

Ambush atacks, choke point attacks. Enjoying it more. I like the fact that I can mix up the combat styles.

There seems to be some damage to the environment which is good, though not enough to satisfy me.

Playing it on Xbox and it looks good, really good. I'm gonna play it on PC when I come off work and compare the two.

Some executions cycle too often, but the variety is there to be found.

As far as being linear, it's an action game not Grand Theft Auto. I do not want nor need to be running around endlessly trying to find some key or switch, or do fetch/carry missions.

Every single amazing 3rd person shooter has the same tight design, the emphasis is on action not really exploration nor massive levels to wander around bored in.

From Bayonetta to Vanquish to GOW there is a commonality to the 3rd person shooter and they work for pretty much the same reasons.

If this title can stand with Bayonetta/Vanquish, maybe not shoulder to shoulder, but at least share the Podium, I am well satisfied.

I want variety in how to accomplish the tasks, whether CQC or Run n Gun, or Distance Shooting or a mix of those, and I have that in spades.

Very good effort in all. Definately a buy.

'Death is nothing compared to vindication.'

Let them HATE, so long as they fear.
The Imperium is as a gargantuan creature, dying slowly and in great pain, too massive to realise it is as yet a lumbering corpse.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode