Space Marine Demo - Page 10 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 112 (permalink) Old 08-25-11, 11:28 AM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

September's not that long off - I'm gonna see if I can pre-order the game of Amazon . Nobody knows how much I want this game. Although Doelago probably wants it more .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 112 (permalink) Old 08-25-11, 11:45 AM

Ultra111's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhainiteAssassin View Post
the MP might be amazing, might suck, it comes down to how they make the maps and the 'modes'

if they try any stupid modes that dont fit 40k it will be a shame
According to the many multiplayer vids I've watche don youtube there will only be two game modes: annihilation (team deathmatch) and seize ground (basically domination).

I was a bit disapointed there are only two modes. They both look amazing though, but I was hoping for a wide range like gears has. A Guardian style mode would have worked so well I think. Then again I haven't played the MP so I could be totally wrong.
post #93 of 112 (permalink) Old 08-25-11, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

I would not be surprised if they gave us more game modes later on, since they have promises both paid and free DLC. I mean, free for all or something. Capture the flag. Everything is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane_of_Kings View Post
Nobody knows how much I want this game. Although Doelago probably wants it more .
On that one, your correct.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #94 of 112 (permalink) Old 08-25-11, 12:38 PM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

I reckon something similar to the 40k missions would be nice, like a spin on ones either in Battle Missions or the Core Rulebook, adapted to suit multiplayer gameplay.
post #95 of 112 (permalink) Old 08-26-11, 12:33 AM

Igniskhin's Flag is: USA

why i cant stop playing the demo... its cleared the same 2 levels 6 times...
post #96 of 112 (permalink) Old 08-26-11, 01:06 AM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igniskhin View Post
why i cant stop playing the demo... its cleared the same 2 levels 6 times...
I was on my 20th this morning for both.

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
post #97 of 112 (permalink) Old 08-26-11, 07:59 AM

Takizuchi's Flag is: USA

Been playing the demo all day and man do i love it. for me the controls feel pretty tight (ps3) and i think the weapons feel perfect. The bolter feels powerful, and yes ive read what some people have said about it, but it feels right, espically when orks are meant to be tough sons of b****s and even in the books and fluff it takes a few bolter rounds to down them. The blood and gore help the combat feel satisfying. Watching a ork turn into chunky giblets as i unloaded bolter rounds into a group of them never gets old. The melee combat wasnt too bad. While i do hope the actual game gives some more variety when it comes to both melee weapons and the moves then ill be happy. It also didnt feel like you needed to rely on combat to win. I was able to ether mix and match ranged with melee. I was able to just shoot my way through one play thru of the first level, even with the nobs. While yes it is a bit linear, but as everyone else has already said, what shooter isnt these days. I also like all the small things that make the game truly great for me so far. Like how the controller vibrates slightly which each step and with each bolter round fired. It helped with the immersion because it seemed to reinforce the weight and power of both Titus and the weapons. All in all the demo was fun, which for me is the only true factor to liking a game, if its fun or not. And man am i ready for the full game to come out.

Some days i swear my dice are trying to get me killed.
Is it bad sportsmanship to cackle evilly during ones game?
post #98 of 112 (permalink) Old 08-26-11, 11:17 AM
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!

komanko's Flag is: Israel

Well I have it preordered already :D So now I am wasting my time with darksiders that I got for free because I pre ordered on steam lol.

There is only one thing which irritates me about Space Marine. Customization, seriously more than a billion options? Urgh!!! I will never play the game in this rate, I will be customizing forever!!!
post #99 of 112 (permalink) Old 08-26-11, 11:23 AM

Igniskhin's Flag is: USA

best moment for me was in the middle section of the ground level, when your walking around the planking theres a right turn and an ork at the top of the platform, after lighting up the other ork across the open space, i turned around the corner with the "sniper bolter" zoomed in on the orks head and ended him, which causes a glorious gory explosion, then i noticed that there was a bullet dent in the wall behind the ork, that made the weapon feel real to me... I cant remember what calliber the bolter is supose to be... but heres a fun video of .50 calliber used on a watermelon
post #100 of 112 (permalink) Old 08-26-11, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igniskhin View Post
best moment for me was in the middle section of the ground level, when your walking around the planking theres a right turn and an ork at the top of the platform, after lighting up the other ork across the open space, i turned around the corner with the "sniper bolter" zoomed in on the orks head and ended him, which causes a glorious gory explosion, then i noticed that there was a bullet dent in the wall behind the ork, that made the weapon feel real to me... I cant remember what calliber the bolter is supose to be... but heres a fun video of .50 calliber used on a watermelon 50 Cal vs Watermelons Super Slow Motion - YouTube
Standard bolter is .75 heavy is 1.00

I want storm bolter and powersword naow.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode