Deus Ex 3 released in two weeks. Anyone else excited? - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-01-11, 12:00 PM

Fire Tempered's Flag is: Serbia

Well, headshots don't instakill with 1 shot if enemy has helmet. Also, if you re using tranq rifle or crossbow as I, you need to aim little above the head cause it doesn't shoot in straight line.

So far, it's looking good. I'm playing full stealth character without killing anyone, and I just finished Montreal TV station part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-01-11, 12:09 PM

SGMAlice's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Tempered View Post
Well, headshots don't instakill with 1 shot if enemy has helmet. Also, if you re using tranq rifle or crossbow as I, you need to aim little above the head cause it doesn't shoot in straight line
Obviously.

Circumstances were: Body Armor/No Helmet/10mm Pistol used.
As you can see; It was an appropriate action and my aim is perfect. It seems implementation is poor. My special Sniper Rifle does the trick though, helmet or not. I got the pre order bonus stuff (Sniper/Double Barrel Shotgun/Ten Thousand Credits)

SGMAlice

PC/Laptop Problems? Post Here: Heresy Online's PC Hardware Help Thread
WIP Custom Chapter Fluff: The Children Of The Dragon
WIP Bio-Mechanical Tyranids: Hive Fleet Giger
post #33 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-01-11, 12:21 PM

Fire Tempered's Flag is: Serbia

It may be bad implementation, I mostly use stuff like xbow and tranq rifle, which mostly down enemy in 1shot. 10mm I only used against boss, so I really don't know.

Btw, do you feel there are some unnecessary augs? Those stealth enhancer things seems needless, if you know how to sneak. Also, that hack analyzer ad on etc. Hacking and breaking walls on the other hand are must have. I found so many nice things that way.

Last edited by Fire Tempered; 09-01-11 at 01:37 PM.
post #34 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-01-11, 12:30 PM

Some seem to be yes, reducing fall damage, for instance, as i don't intend to be falling anywhere or from a height. I have the one that shows enemy view distance limits and extended radar, i think that one is under Stealth and it has been handy on numerous occasions. I have mostly upgraded hacking/armor/batteries so far. Also found Mark&Track has its uses too.

SGMAlice

Last edited by SGMAlice; 09-01-11 at 01:26 PM.
post #35 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-01-11, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMAlice View Post
So far its looking good, however your attitude isn't necessary, there are better ways to voice opposition to anothers opinion.
Incorrect, this is the internet so he was perfectly correct.

Also the first Deus Ex was genius.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
post #36 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-01-11, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

My only real complaint is that Hacking is mandatory unless you are deliberately trying to cripple yourself in terms of items, XP and effective time management (i.e. not searching whole levels for a code, which are sometimes not even in the same geographical area). It would have been nice to give the "Smash through walls" Aug the option of "Smash through Doors" as well, which would net you no bonus XP (which hacking does) and be incredibly unstealthy, but allow you to open doors which otherwise remain unaccessible to non-hackers.

So far I've done the entire game with the 10mm pistol, takedowns and stun gun - I like how you get an extra 10XP for non-lethal kills to give you some motivation to play that way besides "because I can". I've only done one boss fight (about to come up on second, I think) but I have to agree that the one I've seen was really really bad. The guy just shoots you with a minigun a lot and throws a random grenade from time to time. I spent that entire fight dancing in a circle around a pillar, waiting for him to stop firing, popping out and shooting him like three times in the face with the 10mm and then ducking back again. Repeat ad infinitum et nauseum. I don't get why they even exist.

A minor niggle is that upgrading beyond two batteries seems pointless - just get the recharge upgrade and since your initial battery never runs out, you can just eat a candy bar whenever you need more than 1 battery (almost never).

Apart from those few little things - amazing game. Glad I got it on release and can't wait til I upgrade to something better than a Dual Core + X1950 Pro so it will run at something resembling max specs.

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.
post #37 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-01-11, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramoro View Post
Incorrect, this is the internet so he was perfectly correct.

Also the first Deus Ex was genius.

I see the ignorance rife on said internet pervades even here in amounts. Shame.

It was genius, yes, for its time, now though any reasonably intelligent person can see its overly simplistic ideas.

SGMAlice

post #38 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-01-11, 03:29 PM

Quote:
I see the ignorance rife on said internet pervades even here in amounts. Shame.
Welcome to the internet. If a stance is worth taking it's worth taking to the extreme.

Quote:
It was genius, yes, for its time, now though any reasonably intelligent person can see its overly simplistic ideas.

SGMAlice
Deus Ex's problems were it's map geometry not the idea presented in it. If it was genius then, it is genius now as the technicalities of the game, which are now outdated, are unimportant.

Aramoro

post #39 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-01-11, 03:32 PM

We obviously have very different ideas on what counts as 'genius' in this day and age.

SGMAlice

Edit: And while we are on the subject: I don't recall ever saying Deux Ex 1 was a bad game, nor about the second one either.

Last edited by SGMAlice; 09-01-11 at 03:37 PM.
post #40 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-01-11, 03:40 PM

Quote:
We obviously have very different ideas on what counts as 'genius' in this day and age.
Deus Ex is a story driven game, if the story was good then, it's good now. A great story doesn't have an expiration date.

That is all before you get to the ground breaking game play elements in the game. Elements which few games even now have bettered.

It is let down by it's archaic engine, poor models and basic level design, but they were poor for the time as well.

The second game was awful though.

Aramoro

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode