Annualized Battlefield games would kill the franchise - DICE - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-06-11, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Annualized Battlefield games would kill the franchise - DICE

Quote:
EA has positioned Battlefield 3 as its Call of Duty killer this holiday season, but don't expect the military first-person shooters to go head-to-head every year. In a new interview with Gamerzines, Battlefield 3 executive producer Patrick Bach said that annualizing the franchise would be a mistake.

"EA would never force us to release a game every year," Bach told the site. "I think that would dilute the vision of the franchise, and you will eventually kill the franchise by doing that."

He did acknowledge that it might be possible in theory for the series to be split between multiple studios to alternate releases (the way Activision does with Call of Duty) but said there weren't plans to do that currently. He also appeared skeptical that it could be done without a drop-off in quality.

"To us, we need the time to be able to create the next game that consumers will hopefully like," Bach said. "If we were to release another big Battlefield title next year, that would mean that we'd have less than a year to build it, and that would mean that we'd have to have another studio building it for us, which would mean it wouldn't have that DICE seal of approval, which would mean they'd just have to release a copy of the game we just released. Ugh, no."
- From Gamespot.com

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-06-11, 08:27 AM

Very good, a publisher with a modicum of sense, though I never thought I'd be saying that about EA.

Writer of crappy fics, I hope you might derive some enjoyment from them.

FictionPress.com: For original stuff.

FanFiction.net: For stuff that is part of an established universe.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode