World of Warcraft subscriptions dropping - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-05-11, 06:25 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

When I said 'ma and pa' players I mean the off and on couples that will play only a few hours a week as a couple thing. There is a lot of them in WoW and they will not dump the investment of time they have in the game for the latest fad as they will see it.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-05-11, 06:43 PM

TheSpore's Flag is: USA

If I recall this what began to happen with EQ right before WoW was released and well we all know what happened to EQ...

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-05-11, 08:44 PM

Thing is EQ sucked dick and was unplayable to the average 'whee I have a computer!' crowd. WoW is not and the huge player base is mostly these types, the same types that go 'whee farmville is awesome!' SWtOR will have to be even more retard friendly for it to hurt WoW, and if they do that the real hardcore players will play it a month then quit again.

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-05-11, 09:42 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

I recall reading somewhere else on the forum about Starwars Galaxies being ruined by ex-WoW players because they bitched about the game not being to their liking. If the 300,000 subscription drop is indeed WoW players preparing for the game, then the game might be screwed early on. We'll see.

I personally think its because the players got bored after cataclysm. Its what happened to me. Soon as I hit 85, I played off and on for a while, then I just quit playing altogether and cancelled the subscription.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-05-11, 10:04 PM
Slave to the Brush

InkedDnA's Flag is: USA

Agreed with deathjester. WoW was the shit, but after all the patches and expansions....cataclysm for example, things just start to get all strange. They attempt to make things easier and better, and they succeed with certain things, but fail with others. WoW will be around for years to come and will still be successful, it just might take a little hit, along with all other MMO's when Old Republic releases.

"YOU CAN DO IT! CUT HIS FUCKING HEAD OFF!"
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-05-11, 10:08 PM

It has become a loot pinata, you faceroll your kb and the epics rain from the sky. Then they patch and you have to do it all over again. The raids have gotten more complex but all they did was make it where you have to rub your belly while chewing gum and hope lag doesn't kill you.

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-05-11, 10:26 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
It has become a loot pinata, you faceroll your kb and the epics rain from the sky. Then they patch and you have to do it all over again. The raids have gotten more complex but all they did was make it where you have to rub your belly while chewing gum and hope lag doesn't kill you.
Its mainly centered around how good your stupid gearscore is. They don't care about your skill with your Class. Its all about the gear you have. So I never got to go on very many raids. Hell, by the time I got my Gearscore close to the mark where I could run the Lich King raid, cataclysm came out and no one ever ran it after that. Said it was too easy.
The Lich King raid was the only raid I really even wanted to run too. That was also one reason why I quit. I got bored trying to get my damned gearscore up, so I just said fuck it. I mainly pvped from that point before I cancelled my subscription.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-05-11, 10:51 PM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathJester921 View Post
Its mainly centered around how good your stupid gearscore is. They don't care about your skill with your Class. Its all about the gear you have. So I never got to go on very many raids. Hell, by the time I got my Gearscore close to the mark where I could run the Lich King raid, cataclysm came out and no one ever ran it after that. Said it was too easy.
The Lich King raid was the only raid I really even wanted to run too. That was also one reason why I quit. I got bored trying to get my damned gearscore up, so I just said fuck it. I mainly pvped from that point before I cancelled my subscription.
to be fair, "gear requirements" went from needing non set gear for whole raids (IE: Fire resists for Molten core) the perfect starter stats in BC, to just needing a number that was the sum of Ilvl gear you had equipped.

it really degraded in my opinion but if you dont have that equipment whoring people just get bored for some reason, or complain about everything for no reason.

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-06-11, 12:10 AM
Banned
Azkaellon's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
Honestly I don't see Old Republic being the nail in the coffin for WoW. I have preordered and can't wait to play it but I doubt it will hugely impact WoW, it won't pull enough of the mom and pa players that WoW has.
You under estimate star Wars fans a fair bit here good sir.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-06-11, 12:18 AM

Roninman's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathJester921 View Post
I recall reading somewhere else on the forum about Starwars Galaxies being ruined by ex-WoW players because they bitched about the game not being to their liking.
It was not by players, NOT AT ALL. Players didnt want it to be like WoW. People were really happy about game mechanics and wanted more polish and squishing bugs.

Decision came from Lucasarts and Sony when they saw subscription numbers of WoW and started cry that their known IP doesnt have as much. Biggest playerbase rape in MMO history and maybe best MMO game that has been ever released was dumbed down.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode