Wtf Blizzard?????? - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-01-11, 08:09 PM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpore View Post
from what I was gathering form my research I was under them impresion that your Char. data will be saved on their servers and not on your Hard Drive to keep hackers and cheaters from importing an hacked char. into the multiplayer areas, well if that is the case the only way you can play the game at all is with a net connection.
well they already know the outraged cries from SC2's singleplayer. they will probably set up a "solo" and "multiplay" toon allowances like they did in D2, so the outcry of required net will not burn them.

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-02-11, 01:32 AM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

It is online only, no offline at all. This is to prevent cheating/duping gear.

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2011/08/01/50572/

Edit: Above link is source of my info.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #23 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-02-11, 02:24 AM Thread Starter
Banned
Azkaellon's Flag is: Canada

Scso sadly its the same style as SC2 and you need to have a internet conection to save progress or somthing.
post #24 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-02-11, 03:17 AM
Making Vidya Games

ThatOtherGuy's Flag is: USA

RIP Blizzard North and Ensemble Studios.

(I threw in Ensemble as a worthy notice.)

post #25 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-02-11, 03:56 AM

Anfo's Flag is: USA

Quote:
It's also worth noting that you will also be able to sell loot for money, and transfer that money outside the game.
...uhhh...not sure what to say to this...I don't see how they can make a profit if they let you just take their money

I'm glad I stopped playing Blizz games now.

post #26 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-02-11, 04:58 AM
Curiouser and Curiouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfo View Post
...uhhh...not sure what to say to this...I don't see how they can make a profit if they let you just take their money

I'm glad I stopped playing Blizz games now.
Blizz gets a cut of the profit in more than one step of the auction process. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that they get money when you post an auction, when an auction sells, and when you try to cash out your money.

I think I've changed my mind as to how I feel about all these issues. After finding out that the game will lack any sort of offline play, will have no mod community, and the way the economy will work, I'm not going to purchase this game.

Torchlight 2 it is!
post #27 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-02-11, 06:38 AM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm no Blizzard fanboy, as anyone who knows me can tell you. But what they're doing here with the auction system makes sense.

After all, only a few weeks ago, an item in D2 sold outside of the game for approximately 1000. Imagine if someone got stung for that and the reaction it'd have for their enjoyment.
This way, the same things that have always happened around Diablo will still be happening, but through a Blizzard-sanctioned system that protects both sides of the deal and also rakes an amount from the money made to pay for server maintenance.

post #28 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-02-11, 12:12 PM

TheSpore's Flag is: USA

I see nothing wrong with Blizz using a a real money auction its just them simply trying to get there money because technically when you see an item or whatever on ebay for one of their games, you are technically selling there property without their permission.

As for the online thing I don't think its going to affect their sales too too much simply because the demand for a D3 is quite high out there and since they are still so far away from releasing the game, they could even get way too much negative feedback on that issue and realize that the idea may be a bad move, I'm looking at it as they want to charge us to buy their game and then control how and when we use their game, which is BS many ways. I'm looking at all the poeple out there say when they go travel on a plane or they have to be somewhere where they can't have net access on their computer and they want to play D3 on single player. Well now those people can't do that even if they wanted to. Hell your lucky if Steam will even allow you to play DOW offline, because that POS porgram ha;f the time won't even let you do that.

Online gaming is ruining the gaming market big time. Developers care less about content and quality and more about what kind of crap can we do to force players t play online and how many ways can we control the use of our product. I see ther point greatly when we speak of preventing cheating and hacking, but I think the wya it was done on D2 was perfect. It makes total sense to keep the single player section completely seperate form the online side. People are always gonna whine and complaign no matter what is done, but at the same time logically and business wise what they are doing here is going to hurt their business, because once players experiance how F-ed up it is how this system wil work then they will in turm deter others from buying the game.

post #29 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-02-11, 12:31 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

I personally have no issues with the changes they have made. Hell I looked at it and went 'oh, I just found a way to fund my GW plastic crack addiction.'

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #30 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-02-11, 12:32 PM

TheSpore's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
I personally have no issues with the changes they have made. Hell I looked at it and went 'oh, I just found a way to fund my GW plastic crack addiction.'
So you see the business side of things as well.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode