Dawn of war 3 - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-14-11, 12:17 AM

DOW3 is going to be simmilar to Trion's End of Nations from what I understand -- massive scale stuff w/ MMO infrastructure. Should be interesting...

That being said I dig DOW2 and rock out Retibution all the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-14-11, 04:13 PM

tau112's Flag is: United Kingdom

This is just rumors or it is being hinted at! Did you not read the end part?
Quote:
There are no solid Dawn of War 3 details just yet, but Relic have said that they’re planning a big announcement at Gamescom this year. What would you like to see them announce?

"For the Emperor and Sanguinius!"
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-14-11, 06:08 PM

TheSpore's Flag is: USA

announce that the blood ravens aren't in it JK

I know they are the ones driving the main story

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-14-11, 10:35 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Considering DoW3 is already confirmed and has been for a fair while now, I'd like (and kind of expect) the August announcement to be something to do with the long-neglected Homeworld IP, or something new entirely. Seriously, considering they've spent so much time hyping a 'big reveal' over the Gamescon announcement, it'd better not be "Yep, we're still making DoW3".
I'd also settle for a new CoH game, but what with the lead dev, who was also the heart and soul of the project getting killed last year, I don't see that happening.

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-15-11, 03:40 AM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

I didn't care for the retribution campaign. It seemed half assed to me. Dow 2 and Chaos Rising I enjoyed though. The possibility of large scale military actions in DoW 3 has me sold.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-15-11, 09:09 AM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Dawn of War II was a great game. It had a lot going for it, the universally crap feature of base building was removed, the factions were as they were meant to be, the lore was dead on accurate, and the story of the Blood Ravens was very good.

Base building sucks. It always sucks no matter how they jazz it up, make it more in-depth or try to convince people it can be fun. Build three turrets here, build a barracks and recruit a Tactical squad.. fuck that! Give me an Assault squad and tactical from the same HQ and let me wreak havoc on the enemy. Thats what time-strategy is, and what Dawn of War II gave us, combat and tactics, not resource management.

Dawn of War I's army sizes were good. But the factions themselves were crap. Eldar standing up to Space Marines in a straight fight?! Even heavy Eldar can't do that. Space Marine squads having more numbers than the Orks?! Units were basically the exact same archetype wearing a different skin. But Dawn of War II got it right. The Tyranids swamp you with numbers, the Eldar sneak around and strike with speed, the Orks overwhelm with brute force, the Space Marines and Chaos Marines dominate with sheer strength and staying power.

If Dawn of War III wants to get it right it needs to take lessons from both Dawn of War I and II. The army sizes can be increased but it must make each faction have appropriate numbers of units in squads, they must have the right strength/speed/power capacities. Base-building must stay away, Space Marines don't build barracks and vehicle factories! They charge in and shoot everything that moves. It was particularly stupid that the Dark Eldar built bases, they NEVER do that, their assaults don't even last longer than a day or two, why would they build structures for a lightning raider army?

Dawn of War III has great potential. Lets just hope they don't fuck it up. One thing that is a must, and if this is ignored then this sequel will be utter BS. I will NOT wait, I repeat NOT wait, for Chaos and the other factions to be released. This game must have Space Marines, Orks, Eldar, Chaos, Tyranids, Imperial Guard and another race added. if Chaos is not included I will not get this game, I waited two full years for Dawn of War II and then another year for the Chaos Space Marines. Playing Eldar was no substitute for the Traitor Marines. So bring on the full races for Dawn of War III, or be prepared to see a lot of pissed off fans.

Lord of the Night

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-15-11, 01:37 PM

TheSpore's Flag is: USA

I think they should do away with the boss battles they have at the end of the levels those were just kinda goofy to me and the maps should be alittle more in depth and teher should be more Obj. to be met rather than seek and destroy missions where you have to fight some big baddy in the end.

LotN has it right resource managemnt is annoying when it comes to 40k standards, now if this were game like starcraft or Warcraft than I could justify that sort of thing but its not.

Maybe they do it like in the real game say ok you have a choice of ... units and you can take ... units to achieve the mission that would make more sense and give each race there own single player campaign that is unique to them and not just the same missions with different faces in them

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-15-11, 01:48 PM

I enjoyed both DoW 1 and 2 so i'm looking forward to this also. Larger armies would be nice but as said above you need to keep the feel of the armies involved while doing it.

While I would love DoW 3 right now, I would have them never make it if they would just make Homeworld 3...it's been 8 years already...

Necrons 2-1-0
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-15-11, 06:19 PM

tau112's Flag is: United Kingdom

I hope they don't bring base building back. Also I hope they even don't bring back the HQ at all! I wish it could be like an rtt but then it wouldn't be rts. It could be like the Retribution Campaign where you have your army and then you capture a base and spawn units but instead you can only reinforce them. Another Idea is you customize your units.

"For the Emperor and Sanguinius!"
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-16-11, 07:38 AM
description whore

deathbringer's Flag is: England

i will definitely have a look at this
didnt like dawn of war 2
loved dow 1

i think it depends on the cash i have at the time

kudos to lillian thorne for the awesome sig

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode