Blizzard’s Secret Titan Project Labeled a ‘New Casual MMO’ - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-06-11, 07:48 PM

TheSpore's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
:-p I have done them off and on in the past, did 5 years in WoW. It is more of a social thing for me, sort of like live action mb trolling. I view it as just as useful as going out drinking at a bar with ppl, another thing that just a few nights of would pay for a year of the game. At least the way I drink when I go out :-D
well i played wow for a lil while and got bored with it because it was doing the samme thing over and over and then I tried WH online and it became the same thing over and over and over, The when Aion came out it was said to be different then that came out to be the same thing over and over and over. So now I just paint a look for cool single player games that have a decent story.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-06-11, 07:53 PM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

well SWTOR will be different (its actually having story and not just a stupid retardation that people call story mashed on with a wall of text and an 'accept button') the other games were different but the same.

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-07-11, 07:41 AM

Fire Tempered's Flag is: Serbia

That story will not stop it from getting repetitive as WOW and its clones I'm afraid. Don't get me wrong, I love good story, it's maybe most important things to me in single player, but it's not good thing to focus in MMO. It will be interesting for one character or two, but MMO need good gameplay for lasting appeal. And SWTOR gameplay is, IMO, uninovative and certainly not something I expected from SW game. Shame.

^^ Try EVE online. IMO the best MMO still, although I'm not playing it anymore. You will maybe not like it, but it has most possibilities for player and it's concept is totally different than usual WOW clone. No endgame, no lvls, no xp grind etc. You can be whatever you want to be in that world. Only true sandbox.

Last edited by Fire Tempered; 07-07-11 at 07:48 AM.
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-07-11, 11:59 AM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

Even EVE can be repetitive, it is just the nature of video games. At some point or another you will grind something to progress something :-p I have always been of the school that if you are enjoying yourself it is worth the money, the moment you stop having fun, stop paying.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-07-11, 12:54 PM

I couldn't agree more. That's why I'm not playing it atm, but you must admit it's vastly different and offers more choice than mentioned games. You get eventually bored with every game, at least for some time. I'm just telling Khainite not to get TheSpore's hopes up with SWTOR cause it really is not that different than games he all ready played.

Last edited by Fire Tempered; 07-07-11 at 01:02 PM.
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-07-11, 01:40 PM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

EVE, the most boring game in the unverse.

and it ultimately is how you define gaming as to what bores you in the game. you can claim that SWTOR is not innovative as much as you want, but until you see the fullness of the game you have as little of a clue as anyone else does for how the game works.

The fact they are doing choice based conversations and actual story in SWTOR, of which can easily be seen in multiple ways not all by the same toon, gives the game, storywise, a very unique feel.

I can say for certain that it wont be a massive grind like WoW is, as the quests are not going to be 'kill x for reward' its going to be in part what you do, and your actions you take upon the quest that will be, and is the innovation.

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-07-11, 01:54 PM

Ok, it seems we have different expectations from games, that said, I'm leaving this discussion.

Last edited by Fire Tempered; 07-07-11 at 01:58 PM.
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-07-11, 03:18 PM

Im just sayin what my outlook has been on the MMO world, its all about the grind. to me it seems that online gaming is starting to kill gaming for me, these days its all about online gaming and no longer about just making a great game thats fun to play. Maybe Im just startin to show my age or something, but it just seems that developers no longer care about making a good product and oonly wanna hatch some BS out so they can get a quick profit. Occasionally we get a good game that goes far for a long time like Elder Scrolls or even the new Alice game, but those don't get enough attention compared to COD part god knows what Black Ops. bla with 2 hours of a single player story then the rest an annoying frag fest that just gets boring after while.

I miss games like the old school doom which was fun to play alone and the mechanics wern't complex. Now when you play a FPS you have like 80 gajillion buttons that allow you do many random odd stuff and you get shot like once and you die. Granted no its not realistic that you can get hit like 10 times and still live, but isnt that why we play games is to escape the reality of what we do in day to day life. Why do we wanna play games where we get up out of bed get dressed go to work, pay bills , manage finances and what not like when we play the SIMS.
You can call me weird, old, or just plain odd, but the reason I loved video games when I was growing up was it was the one true thing to help me leave my standard life for a while and be something I am not, I didnt have to worry about what bills I had to pay or where money goes it was all about the experience of the game. I hoenstly think the gaming industy is regressing instead of progressing, though the graphics and overall looks are getting better and better, it seems now its not challenging gamers anymore and often times the games were too short. I recall back in the day when a game like Legend of Zelda would take months to beat and today a game like the Force Unleashed only lasted a few levels and took less than a 10 hours.

So in short games have gotten shorter, easier, and less imaginitive

post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-07-11, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpore View Post

So in short games have gotten shorter, easier, and less imaginitive
Pretty much. Do try EvE, you may be surprised. Also, for singleplayer games, try Witcher 1 and 2 if you haven't. Real gems in today game industry.
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-07-11, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Tempered View Post
Pretty much. Do try EvE, you may be surprised. Also, for singleplayer games, try Witcher 1 and 2 if you haven't. Real gems in today game industry.
Ill check out eve sometime and and well I have witcher 1 and havnt gotten 2 yet but also havnt had timeto play them but ill give em a shot

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode