Star Wars Galaxies Shutting Down - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-25-11, 02:40 PM

Fire Tempered's Flag is: Serbia

Well, to be honest, I haven't heard much about game, but it seems to me before major overhaul it was better game than TOR will be. TOR is just generic MMO, with shitty stylised graphics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-25-11, 02:55 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

Before they monkeyfucked it the game was fairly awesome.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-25-11, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Tempered View Post
Well, to be honest, I haven't heard much about game, but it seems to me before major overhaul it was better game than TOR will be. TOR is just generic MMO, with shitty stylised graphics.
Maybe if you only look at it as an MMO.

Writer of crappy fics, I hope you might derive some enjoyment from them.

FictionPress.com: For original stuff.

FanFiction.net: For stuff that is part of an established universe.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-25-11, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Bullshit. The Old Republic is (without doubt) going to be one of the finest MMO`s in history. And there is nothing wrong with graphics, I like them.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-25-11, 07:25 PM

Fire Tempered's Flag is: Serbia

Do I see a fanboy here?

You re entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine. I thought that SW MMO would be much more, and I do want more from MMO if I'm gonna play it. They are is not one innovative thing in TOR to differentiate it from any other generic MMO/WOW clone. Graphics IMO looks bad, it's not bad per se, I just don't like that style of graphics, looks too cartoonish, I don't see why they went with it, realistic graphics would like much better.

So, no one is forbidding you to play it, I wish you good time, but don't call someone's opinion bollocks if you don't agree.

Last edited by Fire Tempered; 06-25-11 at 07:30 PM.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-25-11, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Do I see a fanboy here?
No fuck?

Quote:
don't call someone's opinion bollocks if you don't agree.
You blind? I called it bullshit, not bollocks. :p

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-25-11, 07:55 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Do I see a fanboy here?

You re entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine. I thought that SW MMO would be much more, and I do want more from MMO if I'm gonna play it. They are is not one innovative thing in TOR to differentiate it from any other generic MMO/WOW clone. Graphics IMO looks bad, it's not bad per se, I just don't like that style of graphics, looks too cartoonish, I don't see why they went with it, realistic graphics would like much better.

So, no one is forbidding you to play it, I wish you good time, but don't call someone's opinion bollocks if you don't agree.
Actually there is something that differentiates it from WoW, EVE, NWN and all the others. TOR actually gives a shit about its story, enough to care not just about what you are doing but why you are doing it. And not for the BS reason of "Go kill those five womp-rats, we can make some boots from them and you can get your bearings," or something like that. As for the graphics I think they are quite good but when it comes down to it i'd prefer an immersive game rather a graphically good-looking one that lacks depth.

As for Galaxies I was a Post-NGE player, I joined around Update 4 and lasted until Update 9 or 10. Truthfully it was Update 6 that everything became utterly shit, true the NGE fucked a lot up but the game was still enjoyable before the dreaded Update 6. When it became impossible to do anything alone, when once a single friend and I could farm NK-Necrosis for Darth Bane's lightsabre crystal and lone players could enter the Death Watch bunker and make Mandalorian armor and Crafters who had zero combat abilities could walk past enemies without drawing aggro, nobody could do anything alone anymore. We needed groups and that just made everything hard. How the fuck are we meant to make Mandalorian armor, the rarest armor in the game, when the components only drop maybe 5% of the time from some of the toughest elite enemies in-game, and now we have to do it in groups of eight and share out the measly liquids that do drop. Took me a while to quit but I did eventually and didn't look back.

Lord of the Night

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.

Last edited by Lord of the Night; 06-25-11 at 07:57 PM.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-26-11, 12:08 AM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
I loved the crafting system, the ability to progress and do well just crafting without actually doing combat stuff. Then they added the ability to be a jedi into and the game went to shit.
I think this was it's greatest achievement and downfall at the same time. I loved the fact that the crafting system was so strong, and the player economy was so varied and interesting, but at that point it just felt like i had another job.

There was bollocks all story and end-game content, so most nights i'd just be farming hides and parts to sell to armor-crafters to get money to buy pretty things to put in my utterly pointless house.

getting a good community on the role play servers made it more tolerable, but in the end it was the players who were making the game interesting, and SOE put fuck all into it other than the framework.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-26-11, 11:39 PM

Roninman's Flag is: Finland

I played MMO games over last ten years and still think ORIGINAL version of SWG was most fulfilling mmo game i have ever played. Really social and true sandbox game. Before sony fucked it up....

KOTOR mmo dont interest me at all nomore. Checked most of interviews and videos so far and it doesnt impress me much. What can i say, lvls again. That and so many other things for here to write.

Bring back original version of SWG, go play Eve online or make new version of Ultima online. Thats all i ask. And clear bugs of Darkfall and add content
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-27-11, 03:28 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm curious, what servers did all of you play on? I played on Gorath exclusively, though I doubt anyone else here did.

Lord of the Night

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode